• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

I have some games to give away. Quote if you're interested (one per user):

- Half-Life 2 Adam's Venture: Episode Three (key)
- AirMech 2 (Steam gift)
- BioShock (Steam gift)
- Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (Steam gift)
- Race 07 + Formula RaceRoom DLC (key)
- Race 07 + Formula RaceRoom DLC + STCC: The Game (key)
- Starvoid (Steam gift)
- Victoria II (key)
- Zombie Pirates (key)
please?

edit: changed my mind to pick zombie pirates instead of race 07

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

- AirMech 2 (Steam gift)
- BioShock (Steam gift)
- Starvoid (Steam gift)
- Victoria II (key)
- Zombie Pirates (key)
Can I get Lara Croft please?

- AirMech 2 (Steam gift)
- BioShock (Steam gift)
- Starvoid (Steam gift)
- Victoria II (key)
- Zombie Pirates (key)

Bioshock would be amazing if it's still available

Edit: aww looks like I was a minute too slow. I hope the game doesn't age too poorly, by the time I get around to seeing what all the talk is about it might just be too late hehe. Thanks for your generosity.

Tizoc

- AirMech 2 (Steam gift)
- BioShock (Steam gift)
- Starvoid (Steam gift)
- Victoria II (key)
- Zombie Pirates (key)

Victoria II please!

Edit: aww looks like I was a minute too slow. I hope the game doesn't age too poorly, by the time I get around to seeing what all the talk is about it might just be too late hehe. Thanks for your generosity.

If you still want Bioshock then you can add me on Steam (www.steamcommunity.com/id/PrematureQuiche) and I will send you a copy. I still have one spare from the preorder of Infinite.

Rafy

- AirMech 2 (Steam gift)
- BioShock (Steam gift)
- Starvoid (Steam gift)
- Victoria II (key)
- Zombie Pirates (key)

Can I have starvoid please ? (You have me on steam as a friend already)

oipic

G'day Jase - can I please put my hand up for this Race 07 goodness, if still available? Thanks!

Tee-hee, way too late. Maybe the other one then? :)

EDIT: Thanks very much, mate!

Blablurn

- AirMech 2 (Steam gift)
- BioShock (Steam gift)
- Starvoid (Steam gift)
- Victoria II (key)
- Zombie Pirates (key)

Race 07 please!

- AirMech 2 (Steam gift)
- BioShock (Steam gift)
- Starvoid (Steam gift)
- Victoria II (key)
- Zombie Pirates (key)

AirMech? http://steamcommunity.com/id/tubonjics1/home

- AirMech 2 (Steam gift)
- BioShock (Steam gift)
- Starvoid (Steam gift)
- Victoria II (key)
- Zombie Pirates (key)
Is Starvoid still available?

kami_sama

- AirMech 2 (Steam gift)
- BioShock (Steam gift)
- Starvoid (Steam gift)
- Victoria II (key)
- Zombie Pirates (key)
Please?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Starvoid still available?
Race 07 please!

Sorry, better luck next time.

Done. Thanks a lot JaseC!

Wow, 2299 games?

There are a few fellow SteamGAFers with more. I intend to catch up, though. ;)

Chronoja

I'm currently waiting on 3 games in the mail, games no longer on steam that I theorize might redeem on steam despite not being on the retail key list they have. If it works I will let gaf know.

I'm quoting myself here because this post is based on this and I don't think many people noticed/cared anyways but regardless

I was inspired by JaseC's decision to acquire physical copies of previous Football Manager games so I set about looking for other games no longer on steam that might still redeem.

today, 2 of the 3 games arrive. They were

Legends of Pegasus
Saw the Videogame.

I can confirm that Legends of Pegasus redeems on steam. Saw the videogame, however, had no registration key so I cannot confirm or deny it.

I am still awaiting 1 more game and I'll post when it arrives, probably tomorrow.

mini bonus. Disciples: Reincarnation is a game not available on any current version of steam. It's highly likely that it will release in the future anyways, but regardless, in the meantime it is current being sold on gamersgate and redeems on steam.

That's pretty reductionist.

Aeris is an interesting character because she's innocent. Everyone else in the squad barring Yuffie (who is a professional thief!) has a direct connection to AVALANCHE or ShinRa and are trained fighters. Aeris is just a girl. She is targeted for kidnapping and you save her--only to find out that she's actually the most important character in the game. She has no parents, she's adopted, she's a flower girl, she goes to a church, she's done nothing wrong.

Then Cosmo Canyon and later the Temple of the Ancients reveals her duty. She's there to save the planet, because she's the only one who can use the White Materia.
When she is killed, she is praying quietly. The whole time, she's innocent. She doesn't harm a soul.

I'm not a music theory guy, but even think of her themesong. Reflective, sad, innocent. The church song includes most of Aerith's leitmotif and same deal there. Why do you think they choose to include her theme in the church theme? Because it's a tranquil, reflective, and innocent place. There's also the visual theme of the flowers growing in the church. A lone little ray of hope, innocent, hurting no one.

When she gets deep-sixed, you don't hear her theme. You hear Sephiroth's theme. It's the juxtaposition of her innocent and the terror he's meant to convey. But when he pulls out the sword and the materia tumbles out of her hair, her theme starts. Again. She's innocent. White materia, which controls Holy. Her theme song. The materia bounces down the rocks and falls into the water. Cut back to the in-game engine. It continues playing as you fight Jenova right through to her burial. Again, I'm not a musician, but maybe someone who is can point out how the chord progression, instrument choice, the tempo, etc all play into what they were very clearly going for.

Like, is she well written? No, the whole game isn't. Is she deep? No, no one in the game is--really no one in any Final Fantasy game is, they're all designed to be archetypal and evocative rather than deep and three-dimensional. But it's pretty clear how she was constructed as a character and what you're supposed to feel when she croaks and why.

/brofist. nailed it

HAHHAHAHAHAH Oh my God... Thanks for posting this. Made my day... Oh how I miss the good ole Simpsons.

But anyways, anybody interesting in splitting the price on the Don't Starve game ? I tried it out on my browser and got completely sucked it in the charm of the graphics and it looks like something I wouldn't just have sitting in my backlog. I can pay up-front!

EDIT: Write me a PM if you're interested !

Nillansan

Just a heads up, you can finally sell the Genuine Cockfighter (Scribblenauts Unlimited pre-order incentive) on the Community Market.

EDIT: I Just got £5.22 for it.

I guess I am getting Cart Life then :)

Berto

So I'm trying to play Bioshock 2. Trying is the key word here, this is the worst piece of shit port I have ever played, a complete trainwreck. At the start I had problems with GFWL, then it would randomly crash and I had to force it to run on directx 9, all was fine but now it crashes to desktop every damn time when leaving Ryan Amusements level. Is this normal? I'm an AMD user. Did anyone experienced this nightmare?
I'm quoting myself for anyone that might have the same problem. I fixed it! :D DO NOT install the update GFWL demands. I checked files integrity on Steam and downloaded several files. Then after starting the game again GFWL informed about the patch, I skiped it and now works fine =)

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Just bought Hotline Miami on the Steam app while waiting to punch in to work. Today is going to be a real sack of dicks waiting to get home!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom