• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I've been getting annoyed at this for a while, but some games have updates that nearly lock my computer up and thrash the shit out of my harddrive, google tells me it's because of the new update system. So I'm wondering if there is anyway to force those games to update using the old system. My internet speed is high enough that I wouldn't mind downloading duplicate data and atleast my system would remain functional.

HoosTrax

Noice. Just made $56 selling my DOTA2 Pudge dragonclaw hook. Now Valve just needs to let me sell my unusual hats and I'll have my Steam habit financed for life.

JaseC

I like AssCreed 2

AssCreed Brotherhood is still 5 usd..do it? the Deluxe version worth the extra 2.49?

There's a very good chance that you'll also enjoy Brotherhood, if you don't mind the fact it's set entirely in Rome (Leonardo side missions aside). The DDE doesn't add much in terms of SP content, just a couple of Templar lairs, but for a couple of bucks there's no harm in biting.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I love me some worms.

also, xcom on sale? from amazon?
pretty sure it uses a steam key?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008ALU5KG/?tag=neogaf0e-20

There'll be a deluge of Steam gift copies very soon.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I loved Worms Armageddon on Dreamcast. One of my all-time faves. RE: The Steam version, have there been any updates or is it just the straight up 1999 version? It's "worth it" but $15 seems a little steep for an old game, especially if I'm gonna be stuck with low resolutions.

def sim

I like AssCreed 2

AssCreed Brotherhood is still 5 usd..do it? the Deluxe version worth the extra 2.49?

It's more of the same with some minor additions. I thought Rome was interesting enough. If the deluxe edition comes with the two missing sequences and the Leonardo DLC, go for it.

Edit: Having read what's in the deluxe edition, save your $2.49.

JaseC

I loved Worms Armageddon on Dreamcast. One of my all-time faves. RE: The Steam version, have there been any updates or is it just the straight up 1999 version? It's "worth it" but $15 seems a little steep for an old game, especially if I'm gonna be stuck with low resolutions.

It's the original game with community patches applied (general bug fixes, native widescreen support, and so on).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's the original game with community patches applied (general bug fixes, native widescreen support, and so on).

Hmmm...sounds good to me. I'd buy it right now if I didn't just impulse purchase Kentucky Route Zero. It's next on my list, though.

JaseC

Hmmm...sounds good to me. I'd buy it right now if I didn't just impulse purchase Kentucky Route Zero. It's next on my list, though.

There's also a retail sub for it, so the game will probably pop up on GMG and the like soon, meaning a sale in the near future is a distinct possibility (or, if nothing else, a GMG discount code).

Shantom

If anyone's interested in Worms Armageddon I have some copies of the Worms Revolution preorder for sale or trade, and they include Armageddon.

Chronoja

Now we just need Rayman to come out.

I'd would be awesome if they brought the whole series over. I have Rayman: Gold from GOG. That, the open release of Rayman 2 and then a full announcement of Rayman: Legends would be so good.

It's been 2 months since either of the steam based Rayman games have been updated in the registry so I doubt anything will happen with them soon sadly.

Relax.MX

There's a very good chance that you'll also enjoy Brotherhood, if you don't mind the fact it's set entirely in Rome (Leonardo side missions aside). The DDE doesn't add much in terms of SP content, just a couple of Templar lairs, but for a couple of bucks there's no harm in biting.

There'll be a deluge of Steam gift copies very soon.

It's more of the same with some minor additions. I thought Rome was interesting enough. If the deluxe edition comes with the two missing sequences and the Leonardo DLC, go for it.

Edit: Having read what's in the deluxe edition, save your $2.49.

Thanks guys, is mine!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's some kind of indie platformer and a metroidvania. If Stallion Free ever gets up in your face, this is like garlic to him.
I think you're confusing your indie game tropes. Stallion hates tower defense games.

But when you think about it, tower defense games have you playing the same shit over and over again, too. So, it's kinda like a metroidvania.

Chronoja

Is Armageddon still the best Worms game?

Without a shadow of a doubt. The only other that might rival it is Worms: World Party but it was practically the same game. It is mind boggling how Team 17 have been completely unable to replicate the simplicity and awesomeness of a game released in 1999.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Amazon had it for $2.49.

(with a coupon; it was $7.49 without it)

And yet it's always Derrick who is regarded as a games hater.

Stallion hates some games.

Derrick likes some games.

There is a subtle, key difference there.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Act I of Kenty Route Zero was pretty great. Atmospheric and intriguing. No puzzles or dying, just a very relaxing experience, which I like sometimes. But it was way too short. Under two hours long and the next episode doesn't have a release date, so who knows how long I'll have to wait. :(

Act I of Kenty Route Zero was pretty great. Atmospheric and intriguing. No puzzles or dying, just a very relaxing experience, which I like sometimes. But it was way too short. Under two hours long and the next episode doesn't have a release date, so who knows how long I'll have to wait. :(

People didn't realize that Steam already has its own version of Kickstarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom