• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2013 - Year of the SteamBox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard

Banned
Act I of Kenty Route Zero was pretty great. Atmospheric and intriguing. No puzzles or dying, just a very relaxing experience, which I like sometimes. But it was way too short. Under two hours long and the next episode doesn't have a release date, so who knows how long I'll have to wait. :(
I really like the look of it, but that's one thing that makes me want to wait. I want to see if they at least make an episode 2. It might turn out like SiN or Half-life 2, doncha know!

Mairu

Tony is on the warpath. Amazon is matching Steam's Free-XCOM deal and adding in a 30 dollar giftcard for another 2K game

I saw that but I'm not sure what else is worth spending that $30 on since it'll only work on 2K games. Still trying to decide whether to get Bioshock Infinite or just wait for it to be cheap :O

nexen

I saw that but I'm not sure what else is worth spending that $30 on since it'll only work on 2K games. Still trying to decide whether to get Bioshock Infinite or just wait for it to be cheap :O

Someone ask Tony if we can apply the that $30 to Bioshock Infinite. :p

Dr Dogg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

I don't think this will work for them. When you only offer one game, there's no "bundling effect"--if someone doesn't want Bastion, they won't buy Bastion, versus in a bundle, if you want a few you buy them all and it benefits everyone. In addition, the incentive to go over $1 is quite low and I suspect they'll see a very low purchase average.

I also think that having a weekly bundle will probably reduce the level of attention people pay to subsequent ones. IndieGameStand had this happen.

Plus, what games do you use? Newer games would probably rather be in a big full indie bundle. Older games have already been bundled multiple times. Low profile newer games like the stuff IndieGameStand does just don't have much pull.

I mean, I know it's their MO to experiment and stuff so no harm no foul, I just don't think this is one of the better ideas they've had.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
A bundle just for one game? Will there be any bonus? I already own it.

And even a broken clock is right twice a day. I can't help it that when I read Derricks posts I always read them in that snarky Adam Jensen voice which normally has me chuckling.

Edit: For context https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_LMJfcYpCU&list=PLDC8BF3C37D4E39E7#t=10m10s
Adam who? Sorry, it's JC Denton or bust.

I haven't played Invisible Touch or Human Dewvolution yet.

Dr Dogg

I would replace my real voice with his if I could. It's awesome and the best thing about human revolution.

Jay Anthony Franke may have had the chesesy lines as JC in Deus Ex but Elias Toufexis absolutely kills it as Jensen. Could have come across as monotone with some of the dialogue but he made the character.

angelfly

A bundle just for one game? Will there be any bonus? I already own it.

Physical and digital goods

$1 or more

Unlock Bastion on Steam
Works on Mac, Windows, and Linux
Includes DRM-free downloads

Beat the average
Digital Soundtrack (MP3/FLAC)
Bastion Digital Art Pack
Bastion Sheet Music
Bastion iPhone/Android Ringtones

$25 or more
Bastion Bandana
Bastion Original Soundtrack CD
Bastion Postcard
Transistor Postcard (Supergiant's Next Game!)
Includes Worldwide Shipping

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Tony is on the warpath. Amazon is matching Steam's Free-XCOM deal and adding in a 30 dollar giftcard for another 2K game

goddamn you ain't lyin

he is goin HAM

YEAH WELL IF YOU BUY IT HERE WE'LL GIVE YOU XCOM AND A 30 DOLLAR GIFTCARD AND A BOOK ON KINDLE AND SOME DLC

Yes, but... DO YOU GET HATS?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It looks like we're getting both Joe Danger: Special Edition and Joe Danger 2: The Movie.

Not to take away from Hello Games' hard work, but I enjoyed JD1 significantly more than JD2 (I 100%'d both and I'm pretty near the top of the leaderboards for both)--the difficulty was higher but a smoother ramp, it was more satisfying when you succeeded, and the core gameplay loop and level types worked better than the extended variety in JD2. I also felt like it had a lot more content although I'm not sure if I'm hallucinating that.

For anyone looking for impressions, it's a precision bike combo game with a cartoony style. It's not as frustratingly precise as Trials, it's a lot more freeform and flexible. The levels have an exploration component and many level goals require plotting a smart path through the level. Like Excitebike levels feature multiple lanes of traffic, although not all the time. I think it's the best of the bike trick games I've tried.

Dr Dogg

Not to take away from Hello Games' hard work, but I enjoyed JD1 significantly more than JD2 (I 100%'d both and I'm pretty near the top of the leaderboards for both)--the difficulty was higher but a smoother ramp, it was more satisfying when you succeeded, and the core gameplay loop and level types worked better than the extended variety in JD2. I also felt like it had a lot more content although I'm not sure if I'm hallucinating that.

Was just going to ask this. I've got the 1st and quite enjoyed it (apart from a few rage inducing moments). Sale or bundle it is then.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Had a really good time with Gangstas in Space and Trouble with Clones. Both were well done, especially Clones. It's kind of like a cheesy B horror movie. I didn't care much for Genki.

I agree. For me it's: Trouble with Clones > Gangstas in Space > Dr. Genki's DLC.
Mostly because Dr. Genki's DLC it's basically 3 mission with 5 side-quest (2 variation on the Dr. Genki's standard game).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
But.. the 25 bucks tier includes international shipping...
Oh, as I don't intend on getting it I skimmed over the details.

Anyone knows when Fez will be open for preorder? I don't like not being able to spend my virtual TF2 money on it.

I agree. For me it's: Trouble with Clones > Gangstas in Space > Dr. Genki's DLC.
Mostly because Dr. Genki's DLC it's basically 3 mission with 5 side-quest (2 variation on the Dr. Genki's standard game).
Does the Gangstas in Space DLC have anything to do with the last mission in the base game? I hated that one, and the previous one too.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

For anyone looking for impressions, it's a precision bike combo game with a cartoony style. It's not as frustratingly precise as Trials, it's a lot more freeform and flexible. The levels have an exploration component and many level goals require plotting a smart path through the level. Like Excitebike levels feature multiple lanes of traffic, although not all the time. I think it's the best of the bike trick games I've tried.

Well you have me intrigued by 1. I'll definitely check it out down the road since I think I would dig a more flexible version of Trials.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Oh, as I don't intend on getting it I skimmed over the details.

Anyone knows when Fez will be open for preorder? I don't like not being able to spend my virtual TF2 money on it.

Does the Gangstas in Space DLC have anything to do with the last mission in the base game? I hated that one, and the previous one too.

No, just with the last bit of the ending.
Remember that at the end, you are on the set of a movie? The DLC is you doing mission while shooting said movie.
You're on earth the whole time.

Dr Dogg

I bought it anyway, I had to get the sheet music. The OST is amazing.

Yeah I was debating that as I know a few peeps who 'should' own this game but the last time I exerted any musical talent was way back when in school and on the glockenspiel so probably a waste for me. Plus I got the OST from Steam. Shame it's not a banana as bandanas aren't really my cup of tea. Plus Greg Kasavin is one of the good guys in this industry.

Caerith

Had a really good time with Gangstas in Space and Trouble with Clones. Both were well done, especially Clones. It's kind of like a cheesy B horror movie. I didn't care much for Genki.
I liked the announcers for Genki, and the speech at the end, but yeah agreed. Season Pass + shark gun, all you need.

New DLC Available - Aliens: Colonial Marines - Bug Hunt DLC
http://store.steampowered.com/news/10178/

Too bad they didn't do a bug hunt before it launched.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

JD2's levels were smaller and more linear. The action-focused ones lacked replayability. Also, the new vehicles were hit or miss, with the Jet Pack levels being the lowlight of the series so far. Overall it felt a little rushed compared to the first game. But I still really, really liked JD2. It still has the same great controls and gameplay with enough new stuff to keep it fresh. Both games deserve a lot more love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom