• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or this random scene of the main character relishing in the fact toilets shoot water up your butt.
Woooow!"

There's more, but I don't want to delve into spoilers.
Wat? He is excited about the Bidet? The built in the toilet one? WOW. I thought they were quite common here in East Asia. Or a "tabo" (dipper) and water beside the toilet.

Deques

Survivor Squad worked. Thanks!

thx 4 mb punch

Knights of pen & paper worked nicely :)

Hard Reset worked, thanks Deques.

Man, my sleep schedule is so messed up. o_o I have class at 8:30am, but woke up at 5pm, and so probably won't bother sleeping until after classes end at noon. I tried staying up a day to get back on track, but it only made it worse. ;~;

Gives me time to work on my backlog homework, I guess.

Edit: top of the page? Uh... insomnia is bad, kids.

Thx Deques for Cherry Tree.

Thanks for shank 2! Appreciate it! Will only redeem at the evening!

Prime World: Defenders worked perfectly, thanks Deques!

Had been aiming to pick this up since Xelios posted a favourable (and typically thoughtful and insightful) review of it several months back, so I'm chuffed! Thanks again mate.

Thanks a lot for 1953!

Have fun :)

image.php

NOO! I liked the previous avatar :(

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Wat? He is excited about the Bidet? The built in the toilet one? WOW. I thought they were quite common here in East Asia. Or a "tabo" (dipper) and water beside the toilet.

Trust me, he gets a little too excited about various things and doesn't even seem to know anything about the country he's entering, despite his claims. Its more surprising when he actually knows a little something about the country.

Edit: son of a BITCH I won the giveaway from
Da Dreadlord... Goddamn it. I will gift mine from the bundle as soon as I get home, but I feel like I messed with the natural order of giveaways and screwed whoever participated in that one with me... I'm sorry :/ Clearly I need to stick to DOING giveaways, not participating :(

Also, thanks Dreadlord :(

Welcome XD

Caerith

IANAL, so pirata emptor, but we have (had?) our IP laws worded in such a way that downloading things was completely legal, while uploading them was not.

Also, according to Wikipedia, it's completely legal in Spain, so like I've said - country dependant.
I've also heard it that way, or if not completely legal at least really hard to prosecute, but whenever piracy goes to court it makes Ringling Bros. look like amateurs, so....

Trust me, he gets a little too excited about various things and doesn't even seem to know anything about the country he's entering, despite his claims. Its more surprising when he actually knows a little something about the country.
So basically, the main character is a weeaboo? Totally in love with Japan and all things Japanese, but his knowledge of Japan begins and ends with (dubbed) Inu Yasha reruns?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
So basically, the main character is a weeaboo? Totally in love with Japan and all things Japanese, but his knowledge of Japan begins and ends with (dubbed) Inu Yasha reruns?

Basically, but I guess for whatever reason the girls seem to find that cute. But his idiocy goes beyond Weeaboo levels at times.

Caerith

Basically, but I guess for whatever reason the girls seem to find that cute. But his idiocy goes beyond Weeaboo levels at times.

Well, these are also the girls who posed as men to lure an idiot to their country so he could walk in on them in the nude, so who knows what they're up to. (I'm assuming ritualistic murder. The game is going to disappoint me so hard.)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Knights & Merchants is great little city builder, though the micromanagement elements can lead to frustration if you're not careful. I bought it on GOG before the Steam release as at the time TopWare was showing no interest in bringing its games over. If anybody else will or has recently picked this up I'd recommend installing the KaM Remake mod.

Despite my adoration for the game I've never actually played the Peasants' Rebellion expansion (well, except for the Polish demo way back when).

Dr Dogg

Well reading the comments on the latest patch were 'fun'. Sure it's a bit of a bugger that offline mode loop hole for Family Sharing has been patched but the fact some people are talking about it like it was a feature and their demands is a bit... well, wow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
whoever won Interstellar Marines from me earlier, anything wrong with the key? I still have it in my inventory, just wondering

Well reading the comments on the latest patch were 'fun'. Sure it's a bit of a bugger that offline mode loop hole for Family Sharing has been patched but the fact some people are talking about it like it was a feature and their demands is a bit... well, wow.

It has been like that with other features and initiatives too. Like when it was revealed the harware beta would be US-only after all. That was ugly.

I really don't envy Valve with a userbase like this...

...but also a underutilized plot point that some reason he thought going to go to Japan to stay with two people he hardly knows off the internet was a good idea. And it becomes evidently how little our character knows in the mean time.

He claims to be an expert on Japan. And he has the mentality that anything that is Japanese is automatically better as its Japanese. Yet for seeming so passionate about Japan and his expertise claims, he literally seems to know nothing about the country. And whenever he learns something new or gets amazed by something absolutely trivial, he only has one thing to say.

"Woooooooooooooooow!"

The main character sounds so familiar, I'm pretty sure I've talked to him in different message boards. xD

I can get copies for $15.50. The game has an RU/CIS-specific sub but it's region-free.

Cheapest I know of is on Gamefly, whereyou could of gotten it 25% off with a coupon, but that coupon has expired, but there is now a 20% off coupon in place for digital games: FEB20OFF

http://digital.gamefly.com/#!/download-resident-evil-4-hd/5007385

GameFly would be the cheapest choice I think. I pre-ordered from there with 25% voucher last month

edit: Dusk'ed
Thanks a lot. Gonna order it from gamefly then!

Tizoc

Go! Go! Nippon! is a visual novel about a guy visiting Japan for two weeks. He's going to stay with these two guys he knows of the internet and live with them for the period of the time.

EXCEPT, the two 'guys' he knew are actually girls, cause you know, zany fun, but also a underutilized plot point that some reason he thought going to go to Japan to stay with two people he hardly knows off the internet was a good idea. And it becomes evidently how little our character knows in the mean time.

He claims to be an expert on Japan. And he has the mentality that anything that is Japanese is automatically better as its Japanese. Yet for seeming so passionate about Japan and his expertise claims, he literally seems to know nothing about the country. And whenever he learns something new or gets amazed by something absolutely trivial, he only has one thing to say.

"Woooooooooooooooow!"

And he will say wow. A lot. I can't even count how many times he says it through the course of the game. And its usually over stupid stuff too. He is surprised early in the game they can walk around outside at night. And yes, this is something he says "Woooow" too.

There are two girls, and they both are dating options. In the game you choose which locations to go on which days, and at those locations you make choices, and what all you choose change story stuff, triggers special scenes, and changes which girl you go with. A actually pretty nice selection and adds some replaybility if you want it, as you can trigger a lot of different scenes in a playthrough.

And the game seems pretty innocent for the most part, except for two random walk-in-on-the-girl-naked scenes (one for each sister) that come out of left field.Or this random scene of the main character relishing in the fact toilets shoot water up your butt.
Woooow!"

....Woooooooooow
Ah well I'd at least make a giveaway of it to support the dev.

JaseC

It has been like that with other features and initiatives too. Like when it was revealed the harware beta would be US-only after all. That was ugly.

I really don't envy Valve with a userbase like this...

To be fair, Valve would have been sitting on that decision for a while and I do think it should have been more forthcoming. It would've also been nice if a select number of international "candidates" were sent Steam Controllers as a consolation.

I got Brutal Legend through Humble Bundle and I want to do a fancy ModBot giveaway but how do I get a key? Can I do that through Humble Bundle? I'm just seeing a thing where I click on urls to activate steam keys.

PriitV

I got Brutal Legend through Humble Bundle and I want to do a fancy ModBot giveaway but how do I get a key? Can I do that through Humble Bundle? I'm just seeing a thing where I click on urls to activate steam keys.

On the righthand side there should be a gift icon, click that and copy the URL.

Myshkin

And he will say wow. A lot. I can't even count how many times he says it through the course of the game. And its usually over stupid stuff too. He is surprised early in the game they can walk around outside at night. And yes, this is something he says "Woooow" too.
I gather he walks around Shinjuku at night and finds the standard way for a woman to greet a man is with the word "masaji" (whatever that means). Woooow.

Go! Go! Nippon! is a visual novel about a guy visiting Japan for two weeks. He's going to stay with these two guys he knows of the internet and live with them for the period of the time.

EXCEPT, the two 'guys' he knew are actually girls, cause you know, zany fun, but also a underutilized plot point that some reason he thought going to go to Japan to stay with two people he hardly knows off the internet was a good idea. And it becomes evidently how little our character knows in the mean time.

"Woooooooooooooooow!"

There are two girls, and they both are dating options. In the game you choose which locations to go on which days, and at those locations you make choices, and what all you choose change story stuff, triggers special scenes, and changes which girl you go with. A actually pretty nice selection and adds some replaybility if you want it, as you can trigger a lot of different scenes in a playthrough.

And the game seems pretty innocent for the most part, except for two random walk-in-on-the-girl-naked scenes (one for each sister) that come out of left field.Or this random scene of the main character relishing in the fact toilets shoot water up your butt.
Woooow!"

"Woooooooooooooooow!" Sounds great !

JaseC

Darksiders, Darksiders 2 and Red Faction: Guerrilla are getting soundtracks.

They're up at $5 a pop: Darksiders, Darksiders 2 and RFG. The Darksiders OST ought to be free considering it comes with the game.

Edit: The Darksiders OSTs and RFG OST were added to the Darksiders and Red Faction Franchise Packs respectively, so there's that.

To be fair, Valve would have been sitting on that decision for a while and I do think it should have been more forthcoming. It would've also been nice if a select number of international "candidates" were sent Steam Controllers as a consolation.

They should have said it earlier yes, but people demanding consolation or initiating boycotts were delusional, entitled brats. This was free hardware, they had nothing to lose, Valve had no obligation. On the opposite they should have been grateful that Valve actually provided a chance like this.

JaseC

They should have said it earlier yes, but people demanding consolation or initiating boycotts were delusional, entitled brats. This was free hardware, they had nothing to lose, Valve had no obligation. On the opposite they should have been grateful that Valve actually provided a chance like this.

Certainly.

I actually assumed it was US only from the start. If nothing else, I doubted Valve was going to bother with different power supplies and cables and whatever other regulations they would need to deal with providing consumer electronics.

Caerith

Depressing fact: humans are overpopulated, and pandas are endangered. Do you ever hear pandas complain?

Saty

7 February - Steam Client Beta Update - February 6th
We have just updated the beta with the following changes:

General
Disabled Family Sharing in Offline mode
Game server IPs in the favorites list will now automatically update if the game server is using a persistent game server account
Reorganized files for smaller client downloads in future updates

Linux
Updated steam-runtime
?? No more being able to play family-shared game offline?

JaseC

I actually assumed it was US only from the start. If nothing else, I doubted Valve was going to bother with different power supplies and cables and whatever other regulations they would need to deal with providing consumer electronics.

I'd assumed that since the hardware beta was open to international users Valve had or was deep into the process of sorting everything out. I was disappointed when Valve later revealed that it'd be restricted to the US but at the end of the day I lost nothing.

?? No more being able to play family-shared game offline?

Correct. I've theorised as to why:

;) Probably because it was essentially a loophole that afforded concurrent access to the one library -- this isn't allowed while online (when the account owner plays a game, any game, while the secondary user is also playing a shared game, the latter receives a few minutes' warning before being booted out) but until now the restriction could be avoided by authorising a device, downloading the desired games and then switching to Offline Mode.

Caerith

I'd assumed that since the hardware beta was open to international users Valve had or was deep into the process of sorting everything out. I was disappointed when Valve later revealed that it'd be restricted to the US but at the end of the day I lost nothing.
Isn't it just the first wave of testing that's restricted to US?

I do hope Valve will make a beta for the redesigned controller and make it international. I don't think regulations would cause any hurdles for controllers, unless I'm mistaken.

Arthea

Depressing fact: humans are overpopulated, and pandas are endangered. Do you ever hear pandas complain?

a few pandas in this thread complain time to time, doesn't it count?

I kinda skipped it, I shouldn't have?

I can download Knights & Merchants from the GOG website and play it wherever and whenever I want without ever accessing GOG again. I can also download Knights & Merchants from Steam and play it wherever and whenever I want without ever accessing Steam again. In both cases the potentially limiting factor was the same: the ability to log-in to my account.

get back to me when you can do it with most steam games ;)

I even don't know what argument is about anymore... Also I never played Knights & Merchants inspite of having them everywhere. Should I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom