• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for OT, but Chrome really gets on my nerves. Why does Chrome hate me and what can I do about it

14ok5m.png

All my extensions disabled because they feel like it. Thanks Google.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I know everyone is sick of it already, but here's another example of a bad pricing practice in Steam storefront, this time the culprit is 2K Games.
XS9tVdM.png

Fun fact: While Borderlands 2 RU is region-locked, Borderlands 2 GOTY RU is not. But it does come with an RU-specific app in addition to the ROW one, so if you hate dupe library entries I'd advise against it.

Bioshock Triple Pack is not showing in my store. It only shows Bioshock Two Pack. Now I'm sad.
Maybe I should buy that Fading Hearts game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sorry for OT, but Chrome really gets on my nerves. Why does Chrome hate me and what can I do about it

All my extensions disabled because they feel like it. Thanks Google.

This is something they've been planning on / announcing to developers for the last 5-6 months now. If you still want to use non-Chrome Store extensions, you'll need to be on the developer channel of Chrome, or use Chromium.

JaseC

I was looking for game collectors'profile to show to my friend, then I found out Xelios' is set to private :/

Did you show him this one? Also Xelios went back to the pride lands to assume his rightful position as king so of course his profile is set to private. :p

Derrick01

Banned
Anyone read up on or played Dead State at all? Just wondering whether it'll be worth grabbing when it goes up later today on early access, seems neat.

It's happening today? Oh shit. This is totally going to test my no early access resolve. It's probably the game I'm looking forward to the most this year.

This is something they've been planning on / announcing to developers for the last 5-6 months now. If you still want to use non-Chrome Store extensions, you'll need to be on the developer channel of Chrome, or use Chromium.

I see. I had huge issues last time I tried the dev channel though, so I think it's time to go back to Firefox. There's simply too much of a hassle with the extensions with Chrome.

It's happening today? Oh shit. This is totally going to test my no early access resolve. It's probably the game I'm looking forward to the most this year.

I assume so, in the "coming soon" section it's sandwiched between two games with release dates of February 7th. The page itself still doesn't have a date though.

HoosTrax

I was looking for game collectors'profile to show to my friend, then I found out Xelios' is set to private :/
Heh I think I got caught up in his most recent friends list culling as well, because he unfriended me a few days ago. Shame -- he always had enjoyable reviews to read.

Heh I think I got caught up in his most recent friends list culling as well, because he unfriended me a few days ago. Shame -- he always had enjoyable reviews to read.

Yeah same here. He was one of the few that reviewed the hell out of everything. Guess we didn't make the cut.

I fell as well! :( And he did have good reviews. The last time I got culled, I asked if he could re-add me so I could read his reviews ^_^.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I was cut too, I think Xelios was removing Gaffers. I have a feeling he wasn't feeling too hot about GAF lately but I don't want to assume too much.

Tenrius

Did you show him this one? Also Xelios went back to the pride lands to assume his rightful position as king so of course his profile is set to private. :p

Did he also defriend a lot of people? At least he's no longer on my friends list and seemingly not on yours, either. I sort of enjoyed seeing his reviews and seeing all the obscure games he purchased in bulks.

EDIT: Oh, I see.

What dose that mean?

Remember who you are.

HoosTrax

Oh good, I feel less self-conscious about being defriended now. I always wonder if I'm being a pest to people if I constantly start and close games and cause that "popup" for "HoosTrax is now playing __________" to get spammed. (It's usually because the game in question keeps crashing, or I'm messing around with settings)

But I guess if that popup really bugs people, they have the option of disabling that notification in the settings.

JakeD

Oh good, I feel less self-conscious about being defriended now. I always wonder if I'm being a pest to people if I constantly start and close games and cause that "popup" for "HoosTrax is now playing __________" to get spammed. (It's usually because the game in question keeps crashing, or I'm mess around with settings)

But I guess if that popup really bugs people, they have the option of disabling that notification in the settings.

anyone with more than 5 friends pretty much has to have this disabled

Tenrius

I can't even remember when is the last time I saw Lion King.

Same here, I think it's been like 15 years already. Actually, it was Xelios's Steam profile that inspired me to rewatch some of its scenes on Youtube. Brings back memories lol, a full rewatch is probably in order soon.

As I was typing my last post, this happened:

His cheerful "see you later" clashes with the fact that he unfriended me immediately after this exchange.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Oh good, I feel less self-conscious about being defriended now. I always wonder if I'm being a pest to people if I constantly start and close games and cause that "popup" for "HoosTrax is now playing __________" to get spammed. (It's usually because the game in question keeps crashing, or I'm messing around with settings)

Yeah I don't think it's feasible to have that option enabled when you cross a certain threshold of friends. When I logged on my brother's computer to setup family sharing the nonstop pop-ups were kind of hilarious.

And I'm still waiting for the update that will let me disable the "Hooray!" family sharing pop-up.

rtcn63

I still get paranoid when people unfriend me from FB or delete my comments, even though I know I'm a complete prick to everyone.

Levyne

Banned
anyone with more than 5 friends pretty much has to have this disabled

I have a pretty good number of friends and I actually prefer it on. Doesn't bug me.

If I find myself messing with settings and I am worried about bugging others, I'll set myself offline for a bit.

JaseC

I have a pretty good number of friends and I actually prefer it on. Doesn't bug me.

It can be annoying when it gets in the way of a game's HUD. Especially when you wait for the notification to go away and then another one pops up, haha.

HoosTrax

I actually leave it enabled and I have ~150 people on my FL. I don't find it particularly distracting or bothersome, except for those rare cases where the game I'm playing starts to hitch and bog down for some unknown reason as soon as the popup overlay comes up.

Backlogger

Holy shit at crafting special arrows in Far Cry 3. Makes me feel like Rambo. I might be using the bow exclusively now.

tumblr_n08pil5HdH1rd1qi0o1_500.gif

It really was fantastic. Fillion was criminally underused, really hoping he's in more.

Screw that, just bring back Firefly/Serenity already

Also, I think that is one of the hidden gems in Far Cry 3. Bows just suck when you get into a close combat situation (IMO), but I guess if you are just blowing crap up from a distance you don't need to worry about it.

I wonder if you can get the 100M achievement with an explosive arrow?

Salsa

after half an hour I'm thinking about restarting revengeance on a harder difficulty (on normal now)

yay or nay?

Levyne

Banned
after half an hour I'm thinking about restarting revengeance on a harder difficulty (on normal now)

yay or nay?

I played through on normal and only place I really struggled was the Monsoon fight because I didn't know the trick to it. You could restart on hard if you want to be challenged a few times.

JakeD

I leave it enabled. I don't find it TOO annoying, I get annoyed more by the 'Steam Key : ' ones that you need to manually make go away.

yes, those are the worst. basically saying "this game has third party drm, you gotta shift-tab, sucker"

to all you who leave the "now playing" pop-ups enabled, if we're friends, im sorry for when im just messing with settings and boot the same game 7 times in a row

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom