• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annubis

Did they just re-release Loren the Amazonian princess without the nudity and suggestive scenes?

The Steam version is censored.

I've heard that you can start a game with the demo, enable it and move the save to Steam.
The 'flag' is set to yes in the save and it's all there.

Sajjaja

Booted up my computer and this pops up

Kdj9cdj.png

Thanks man :)

Turfster

Quick deals list I didn't see posted before, altho I quickscrolled over most of the DRM discussion, so apologies if I missed one.
Anyway, here we go.

GetGames

GreenManGaming has The Bureau for 75% off

Bundlestore
  • Gothic 1-3 80% off (my own repost, but maybe people didn't see)
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 75% off
  • Euro Truck Simulator 2 Go East 50% off
  • Professional Farmer 2014 75% off
  • Professional Farmer 2014 Good Ol' Times DLC 50% off
  • Shelter 80% off

Annubis

How is one to acquire the uncensored version?

I've seen posts on the forum from the dev saying that the Steam version contains everything, BUT the condition in the code for SAFE MODE is forced ON.
That's why I've seen people say that a save on the demo with SAFE MODE OFF transfered to Steam works.

(i.e. all the files are there, they just don't get used when playing the Steam one)

Again, I have no concrete evidence of this.

EDIT: read this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/257970/discussions/0/630802978936809266/#c540732347084446488

If you want to be 100% sure to not suffer from censorship, buy the game off the developer's site.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looking at the release history of Asylum and City, we can't be more than 2-3 months (plus some change) from Warner releasing the GOTY Edition of Origins. I hope there's a sale on Steam before then as I'd like to pick up a few spares of Origins before the inevitable GOTY-specific app.

Actually, knowing my luck, I'd buy the spares only to find that Origins won't have a GOTY-specific app but rather a GOTY bundle as you see with the more recent Bethesda games. Even if that were to happen, though, at least I'd have the game sitting in my inventory for when Warner eventually lets go of the Batman licence.

Benedict

Ethan Meteor hunter is now available on Steam.
Steam-code is also at Groupees if you bought the Holiday Bundle.

Can you type in steam-codes in a browser or do you always have to use the stand-alone Steam program?

JaseC

Ethan Meteor hunter is now available on Steam.
Steam-code is also at Groupees if you bought the Holiday Bundle.

Can you type in steam-codes in a browser or do you always have to use the stand-alone Steam program?

The latter. The ability to redeem keys via the website is one feature I wish Valve would ape from Desura.

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-CF433F5E32D648B1

t1391797499z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The latter. The ability to redeem keys via the website is one feature I wish Valve would ape from Desura.

If that was possible it'd be possible--trivial, actually, like an hour or two of work for an inexperienced programmer-- to write a bot that scours the internet for Steam keys and redeems them on an automated basis. The Anti-Modbot.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

/Origin
/Everywhere else

The fact that some account features are locked completely to the client just doesn't make sense to me. For example, why can't you change your password on the website? What if you're account gets compromised and you're not near a PC with Steam installed but have web access?

For the new page:

Enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-CF433F5E32D648B1 - Taken by Cheddahz. 16 entrants total.

t1391797499z1.png

JaseC

If that was possible it'd be possible--trivial, actually, like an hour or two of work for an inexperienced programmer-- to write a bot that scours the internet for Steam keys and redeems them on an automated basis. The Anti-Modbot.

Perhaps I could find myself a Steam key for Wheelman! But more importantly, an "Anti-ModBot" would fit the Terminator theme quite nicely. ;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

But this is already possible using the client as the redemption method, having the key redemption method web based wouldn't exactly stop people that wanted to do this from doing it. I suppose it would make things easier...

HoosTrax

Microsoft's version of Siri to be named Cortana (after the Halo AI)...I think Steam BPM needs a voice command feature based off of Glados, to berate/demean/harangue you...

Annubis

But this is already possible using the client as the redemption method, having the key redemption method web based wouldn't exactly stop people that wanted to do this from doing it. I suppose it would make things easier...

Depends, I'm pretty sure you can redeem with the client without using the mouse at all (keyboard shortcuts to the menu).
That makes it pretty trivial to have a software simply alt-tab and go redeem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom