• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
All this talk of dominion makes me want a multiplayer dominion card game, with expansions. The web client is seriously shitty.

Some very early game thoughts:

Ultionus: A Tale of Petty Revenge: Not too bad. The shoot em up section was poor and I only hoped that it was a progression to an on-foot section. It was and the action was relatively solid. Not one to return to, but some potential there.
Redshirt: A clever idea and there is a good game to be made out of a facebook/relationship sim. However this is not that game and it confused the hell out of me.
Astro Tripper: Would take a lot of skill to get into, but I kind of like how it is set up. Worth a quick look.
Super Killer Hornet: I thought they were kidding about doing maths...but sure enough as you shoot things you need to collect the right numbers to complete simple sums. I like the idea and feel it would be good for young kids.
Vox: Couldn't shake the feeling that I've seen this sort of game before somewhere...as far as clones go, it seemed fine.
Sentinel 3: Dodgy publishing aside, it is a pretty bare boned port. No real options to speak of and no new content from the ios version. It is still a very solid tower defense game, but I see no big reason to buy it on steam.
10,000,000: Still a highly addictive match 3 game that actually has an end point. Well worth playing through.
Lords of Football: There has been some work put into it, but I couldn't penetrate the surface. If you are a big soccer fan looking for something different? I think it would be a worthwhile game. Kind of made me want to play Singles 2: Triple Trouble again which was not the reaction I expected.

JakeD

Some game thoughts:
Super Killer Hornet: I thought they were kidding about doing maths...but sure enough as you shoot things you need to collect the right numbers to complete simple sums. I like the idea and feel it would be good for young kids.

did you figure out a way to get it to run at higher than 400x300 or whatever

JakeD

Sorry no, just left it as is.

The sound was a little strange too. The music was coming out of my headphones, but everything else the monitor?

Not sure how that happens.

that's odd. the really low resolution actually doesn't even look bad for this kind of game. i just hate when the steam overlay pop-up takes up half the screen, heh

kulapik

Borderlands quest marker came back! o/

Don't know if verifying the cache made it work, but I doubt it, since a pop up that I didn't know what was for appeared and disappeared quickly, and then, there it was again.

StAidan

Sigh, no PC gaming for me. My video card decided to give up on any amount of work beyond looking at a Windows desktop. Got a new one on the way, but obviously I'm stuck until sometime next week.

On the bright side, upgrading from a GTS 240 to a GTX 650 Ti.

Eanan

Some very early game thoughts:

Lords of Football: There has been some work put into it, but I couldn't penetrate the surface. If you are a big soccer fan looking for something different? I think it would be a worthwhile game. Kind of made me want to play Singles 2: Triple Trouble again which was not the reaction I expected.
Is this in a bundle or something now? Ive been wanting to get this game but have heard mostly negative opinions but I think it could be a good laugh for a few hours.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Love -- MB-0D662036BD44AB1C - Taken by Vandrar. 11 entrants total.

t1391869277z1.png

Love for you GAF!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Sid Meier's Civilization V 2 failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Sid Meier's Civilization V failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1391879492z1.png

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Jazzpunk looks great. It looks so fresh and imaginative.

Level 20 was the worst for me, it got so bad that I gave up and completed easy mode instead. After which I almost immediately made it through 20 and had no trouble with the rest but that could've been pure luck and I still think it gets too crazy there, a few tweaks like longer invulnerability after getting hit and more extras floating around would help a lot.
Yeah, I actually cruised through level 20 (comparatively speaking next to level 18) on Normal after some changes to my gameplay. Namely using those bigger milk submarines as cover (in-game explanations stated they're invincible and you can move through them yourself) for incoming bullets, holding position from time to time rather than always moving as well as saving the multi-cat or bomb power-ups for the waves with dozens of enemies. Managing your turbo shot bar is also somewhat important, so I try to keep some available for when I need to dispose of those jellyfish grabbers during those bigger enemy waves.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, None of the keys you submitted were able to be processed
By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Error: The key you tried to add for Sid Meier's Civilization V 2 failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Error: The key you tried to add for Sid Meier's Civilization V failed because it was already in ModBot and marked as taken from an earlier giveaway. If you are 100% sure you wish to re-submit this key because it is not taken, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.

t1391879492z1.png

Thanks, anonymous benefactor! You killed ModBot!

Deques

Wasn't it supposed to be easy to get an invite to Dead Island Epidemic? I signed up my interest two days ago, and still haven't gotten any invite :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom