• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wasn't it supposed to be easy to get an invite to Dead Island Epidemic? I signed up my interest two days ago, and still haven't gotten any invite :(

NUtDv0r.png

Copons

I've tried starting a new game of XCOM renaming every soldier like a Battlestar Galactica character, but then I deleted the save as I started having too many multiple copies of the same skin job around and I didn't know who was who anymore. :'(

But I must say I made a perfect William "Husker" Adama, that I'm probably gonna carry over other games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's early days yet, but Alien: Isolation currently just has a couple of universal retail-specific subs and a universal general sub.

derExperte

Oh, I bought that Retro bundle...

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Love -- MB-04CE0E7057168ABD - Taken by RS4-

derExperte

Awesome, thanks, much LOVE!

No prob. The game will btw get cards when the final version is released. And while you can run through it in 20 minutes I'll probably replay it a few times to get a better score, the difficulty and length is exactly right for that.

I quit ESO during the loading screen at the end of the tutorial and when I returned, my character dropped from the sky and died instantly. And it said that I still needed to complete the tutorial.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I just finished Hero of the Kingdom (2.5 hours, give or take). It's a very unique game. Basically you're presented a top-down isometric screen that looks a little bit like Age of Empires 2 or HoMM3 or something. You click through text prompts on the screen in a sort of combination text adventure and hidden object game. You become a hero of your kingdom by moving through screens and helping people out. Maybe someone lost their son, so you hidden object find him. Nothing is difficult, it'll just be like you see a patch of mushrooms, and you click it so you get mushrooms added to your inventory. Or you are on your boat and click a barrel underwater to salvage it. So not really hidden object, more like click-to-acquire. Maybe a farmer needs someone to go to town to sell his flour, so you get flour, click to switch screens to the town, and sell the flour to a merchant. Your inventory has dozens of different types of commodities that you manage, flowers, eggs, swords, handymen, antlers, pearls, etc. Across the world various merchants buy and sell various commodities. There's no actual difficulty in that it seems like it's impossible to make a bad transaction. If you just keep buying and selling stuff and foraging and fishing and hunting you'll eventually get enough of what you need or enough money to buy what you need. I really can't compare it to any other game I've ever played. I had a fun time playing through it. I guess I wasn't really playing. Just kind of clicking everywhere.

I also laughed every time I'd go into some big climactic battle and my guy would be like "We scored a crushing victory over the Dark Goblins. Oh and all of my soldiers died. We will miss them." and then -10 soldiers in my inventory. Hahaha. Made them feel very disposable.

One flaw: The game autosaves and when you beat the game it erases your saves, meaning that if you want to get all the achievements you should do so BEFORE fighting the last boss (the last boss is clearly marked and identified).

Deques

One flaw: The game autosaves and when you beat the game it erases your saves, meaning that if you want to get all the achievements you should do so BEFORE fighting the last boss (the last boss is clearly marked and identified).

Thanks for the warning. I started playing Hero of the Kingdoms today, I think I am halfway through.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Thanks for the warning. I started playing Hero of the Kingdoms today, I think I am halfway through.

Just in case you have any confusion about where the point of no return is:

The last boss is
the third fight inside the portal map. You'll need ten soldiers, eleven blue potions, eleven red red potions and I think maybe a certain number of swords and shields. His name is the Dark Lord. You fight him in an area with a sort of castle tower.

Is the Marvel Lego game worth getting? I haven't played a Lego game in ages and it seems pretty cool, I think

Yes. It start out kind of slow and limiting, but after a handful of missions Manhattan "opens up" and you can basically roam it at will with any of your unlocked characters, and the game takes off. It's also a riot to see how they re-create various powers in Lego.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom