• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eldritch -- MB-4795000FC7ADE591 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon
Might & Magic X: Legacy UPlay -- MB-CD7015654F850125 - Taken by Aaron
Gnomoria -- MB-73388350FB836222 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-70BB3F818811807B - Taken by Turfster
IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 -- MB-E06A0F5739288BAC - Taken by Ingueferroque
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream -- MB-33ABAC53F7CAE49A - Taken by wetflame

fantomena

I have actually been quite productive after this 2 week ban. I have finished Singularity, Spelunky (after 74 hours of playtime), Episode 2 of Wolf Among Us, Episode 1 of Burial at Sea and Timeshift.

Now Im gonna let my focus go to Alpha Protocol, and after that, maybe Silent Hill: Homecoming and Hunted.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Doubled back and finished Scribblenauts Unlimited. As it turns out I had 58 out of 60 Starites necessary to finish it, so that took like 5 seconds of my time. The ending is basically that
your Dad is a jerk and turned your sister to stone to force you to go do good deeds what the fuck
. All-in-all I think the format of the game works better than the puzzle Scribblenauts games, and the environmental variety is nice, but it still sort of comes down to a really really narrow band of solutions being able to solve most puzzles and every puzzle being pretty... atomic. Like almost nothing requires you to really think, so much as respond to a basic English prompt. I think this reflects the lower target audience age range. Bummer.

And then my computer locked up during the ending. I think my GPU is starting to die. :(

Arthea

Unholy Heights is yet another insane game. I don't know how one is supposed to conquer the world or even expand if all profits are not enough to keep demons happy, or even content, and if they are unhappy they not only lose their fighting abilities, they just pack and leave, outrageous!

edited: I think it's truly unique game, couldn't think of what genre it is, if even my life depended on it (><)

edited 2: Stump, how long does it take to finish Scribblenauts? I whould like to get back and finish eventually, too many unfinished games.

Levyne

Banned
I actually lucked out on bed of chaos, couple times came extremely close to falling but everything bounced my way. At least he doesn't reset, to my knowledge.

I see Daily Royale has Knytt Underground for 1.19€ and I'm wondering if the game is any good.

I can't get interested in it, and it was even free on PS+.
Something about the artstyle bugs me. And the game is supposedly a MESS in chapters 2 and 3. Especially 3.
Furthermore, since I'm an achievement type guy, the achievement/trophy list looked like a nightmare too...

In Dark Souls I'm at
Lost Izalith
, is this the home stretch?!

Quite possibly. Depends on how many of the 4 other guardians you've defeated. If this is the 4th, then yes, you're in the home stretch. I think there's the DLC areas too, but I don't know much about those or when they become available.

Arthea

Finished second episode of The Wolf Among Us today too. Not that I like it, but I got used to it, and it's not bad really.
I still wish that GoT game they will make, would turn to be much better than this and more gamey.

Hero of the Kingdom was short (4 hours for 28/38 achievements) but really fun. I wish the items that you had to find was not so small. It became really easy to not see them.

so it is fun? Todd kinda soured me on this game and although I was waiting for it, still haven't played or even installed. Time to change that.

Talking about Knytt Underground, I really really disliked how it controls and plays, I do like how it looks though.

I also just completed the second episode of Wold Amoung Us, I really enjoyed it but what I don't like about this is the waiting or lack of schedule for the episodes. This is the first Telltale game I bought on release and it's kind of frustrating. I wish they were a little more transparent about when they think the episodes might be coming out.

derExperte

I also just completed the second episode of Wold Amoung Us, I really enjoyed it but what I don't like about this is the waiting or lack of schedule for the episodes. This is the first Telltale game I bought on release and it's kind of frustrating. I wish they were a little more transparent about when they think the episodes might be coming out.

This was the longest delay they ever had by far so I do believe them when they say there were exceptional circumstances at play. Still doesn't excuse them not keeping us up to date about what's happening of course, they need to become more open before I'll buy another season right away.

Tenrius

At least it's not like KR0.

Annubis

That's why I only buy TT games when all the episodes are out.
I don't think I could handle the wait.

louiedog

At least it's not like KR0.

This is why I haven't played KR0 yet. I want to, but there's too much time between episodes.

Telltale has a track record of being pretty good with regular releases. I can do 4-6 weeks, but that 3+ month wait without any indication of when we might see a new episode was pretty crappy.

Caerith

This is why I haven't played KR0 yet. I want to, but there's too much time between episodes.

Telltale has a track record of being pretty good with regular releases. I can do 4-6 weeks, but that 3+ month wait without any indication of when we might see a new episode was pretty crappy.

The crappiness of the 3+ month wait (without any indication of when we might see a new episode) was not in any way ameliorated by them announcing a bunch of new games.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
11AKqgV.png

Finished it just now. No idea if my stats are any good for a first playthrough. Still didn't like the pixel perfect platforming, but oh well. I think I'll check out the extras and then call it quits.

Poor captain. ;_;7
Congrats! I stopped playing that game when I couldn't get one of the optional thingies. I wanted to catch collect 'em all.

Knurek

Congrats! I stopped playing that game when I couldn't get one of the optional thingies. I wanted to catch collect 'em all.

I beat Veni, Vidi, Vici.
Took me around 2 hours, I was swearing (and sweating) profusely by that time, but I did it.
You shouldn't have any problems with it, you beat BIT.TRIP Runner (and Super Hexagon IIRC).

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I beat Veni, Vidi, Vici.
Took me around 2 hours, I was swearing (and sweating) profusely by that time, but I did it.
You shouldn't have any problems with it, you beat BIT.TRIP Runner (and Super Hexagon IIRC).
I have no reason what Veni, Vidi, Vici is (except for a famous quote :p). Me beating Super Hexagon was due to playing it a lot and learning the patterns by muscle memory, and something similar can be said about Runner. I never beat the bonus stages in the latter, so I'm not a very good player.

I just finished Hero of the Kingdom (2.5 hours, give or take). It's a very unique game. Basically you're presented a top-down isometric screen that looks a little bit like Age of Empires 2 or HoMM3 or something. You click through text prompts on the screen in a sort of combination text adventure and hidden object game. You become a hero of your kingdom by moving through screens and helping people out. Maybe someone lost their son, so you hidden object find him. Nothing is difficult, it'll just be like you see a patch of mushrooms, and you click it so you get mushrooms added to your inventory. Or you are on your boat and click a barrel underwater to salvage it. So not really hidden object, more like click-to-acquire. Maybe a farmer needs someone to go to town to sell his flour, so you get flour, click to switch screens to the town, and sell the flour to a merchant. Your inventory has dozens of different types of commodities that you manage, flowers, eggs, swords, handymen, antlers, pearls, etc. Across the world various merchants buy and sell various commodities. There's no actual difficulty in that it seems like it's impossible to make a bad transaction. If you just keep buying and selling stuff and foraging and fishing and hunting you'll eventually get enough of what you need or enough money to buy what you need. I really can't compare it to any other game I've ever played. I had a fun time playing through it. I guess I wasn't really playing. Just kind of clicking everywhere.

Yeah it is an odd little title. I didn't really know what to make of it, but it was at least interesting to have a play with.

Freezard

Same. That one where you fall through like five screens full of crap and then back again. But I didn't really love the game anyway.

Well, I don't particularly like Oniken. Turns out I really don't want to play a modern NES game. I don't think the enemies or boss in the first level were particularly challenging, I mean you have a shitton of health so even if you're awful you can work your way through, the part I have a problem with is the section after the first boss fight with falling debris and pits of doom. Screw a jump, get hit, die, start over at the beginning. I just don't have the kind of patience to deal with that style of game design anymore.

This was the longest delay they ever had by far so I do believe them when they say there were exceptional circumstances at play. Still doesn't excuse them not keeping us up to date about what's happening of course, they need to become more open before I'll buy another season right away.

Oh, so this has literally been the worst season for a Telltale game in terms of timely releases.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Same. That one where you fall through like five screens full of crap and then back again. But I didn't really love the game anyway.
In my case it was one where there were 3 or 4 floors in the same screen, and a laser (or projectile) going through each one. I had to get from the very bottom to the top, and I couldn't do it after many attempts.

I liked what little I played of it, but it's the worst Terry Cavanagh game I've tried. I enjoyed Don't Look Back and Naya's Quest more (especially the latter, it's fantastic), not to mention the masterpiece that is Super Hexagon.

dani_dc

I have no reason what Veni, Vidi, Vici is (except for a famous quote :p). Me beating Super Hexagon was due to playing it a lot and learning the patterns by muscle memory, and something similar can be said about Runner. I never beat the bonus stages in the latter, so I'm not a very good player.

Veni, Vidi, Vici is the tinklett that most people get stuck on.
If that's the one you're stuck on, it's really no different from Super Hexagon, it's all about muscle memory. You shoudl be able to beat it with your eyes clothes after awhile (heck it might even make it easier so you don't have your vision playing tricks on you and screwing your timing).

I liked what little I played of it, but it's the worst Terry Cavanagh game I've tried
You're an awful person!

MRORANGE

http://i.imgur.com/11AKqgV.png[/MG]

Finished it just now. No idea if my stats are any good for a first playthrough. Still didn't like the pixel perfect platforming, but oh well. I think I'll check out the extras and then call it quits.

Poor captain. ;_;7[/QUOTE]

Congrats, it took me nearly 4 hours but only had about 700 deaths if I recall.

JustinBB7

And I JUST came in here to tell him I finished Deus Ex just now.

Really enjoyed it. Started to drag on a bit near the end but overall it was great. Think I'll even play 2 just to finish the collection. It's way shorter anyway.

mclem

Exciting! Just poking through Steam on my desktop and noticed a 'stream' button active for Broken Age, currently only installed on my laptop. Looks like I ended up in the beta without noticing the email; Time to do some beta-ing!

Anyone having issues buying on steam? Just tried to pick up The Witcher and got the message "There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom