• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

#2 on my goty list last year. It's not quite as great and especially innovative as City was but it's still a damn good game. It also has a far better story than the others.

Yep, Origins is a great game, my favourite AAA game from 2013. It didn't deserve the reception from the games press that it did.

Use "Depressurizer" tool to auto-categorize your steam library.

That's a horrible idea. Steam is bad at categories, IMO. They lump everything that has action together so your FPS and TPS games get mixed in with Character Action and Platformers.

GMG should be having it for cheaper last I checked.

I wish they had the Black Mask DLC pack for cheaper... I'd like to pick that up before I start my playthrough (it's a very likely candidate for next up after I try to finish The Swapper and/or Blood Knights).

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
11AKqgV.png

Finished it just now. No idea if my stats are any good for a first playthrough. Still didn't like the pixel perfect platforming, but oh well. I think I'll check out the extras and then call it quits.

Poor captain. ;_;7
Loved this game.
Didn't even try to get all the trinkets though.

Dat soundtrack.

Jawmuncher

I just lump my games by backlog standards. Even though I could care less about actually completely my PC gaming backlog. I have a section devoted to games I will never play. Most were usually games that were all stuck to 1 key. Which I think shouldn't be a thing. Main reason I gave up on trying to keep my library clean .

HoosTrax

11AKqgV.png

Finished it just now. No idea if my stats are any good for a first playthrough. Still didn't like the pixel perfect platforming, but oh well. I think I'll check out the extras and then call it quits.

Poor captain. ;_;7
I wonder how many of those deaths could be attributed to the infamous Veni Vidi Vici level.

Levyne

Banned
That damned Veni Vidi Vici part. At that point I told myself I wasn't going to bother with the trinkets, but friends convinced me I should.

Anteater

Just finished enslaved, I enjoyed it overall, I thought the ending and the plot is a bit disappointing, I liked the characters but felt that they could've done more with it, especially with the journey to the west theme.

"come fly with me" has become my favorite quest from any wrpg ever.

new vegas is fucking rad guys.
What's great is during my playthrough on the PC, the launchpad door never opened, and the rocket never left. I had to noclip through the wall onto the ground outside because the door was locking me in. The quest was completed according to the game, just. . . the ghouls didn't actually leave. (The rocket was still in the hangar, too)

Derrick01

Banned
Do vouchers not work on south park on GMG? It's not adding the 20% code. I was going to wait for a 25% anyway but that really sucks if they won't take anything. I don't want to be forced to deal with traders.

AHA-Lambda said:
Yep, Origins is a great game, my favourite AAA game from 2013. It didn't deserve the reception from the games press that it did.

It definitely didn't. Sterling's ridiculous 3/10 still sticks in my head. It's just proof how much marketing and hype machines buy you in the press, whether they realize it or not. You think a Rocksteady Batman would get a 3?

Nabs

Do vouchers not work on south park on GMG? It's not adding the 20% code. I was going to wait for a 25% anyway but that really sucks if they won't take anything. I don't want to be forced to deal with traders.

Opt into their Newsletter. I just got a 25% off SP voucher yesterday. It's locked to my account so I can't share.

ib0XfZ9MTybIEK.png

Just finished enslaved, I enjoyed it overall, I thought the ending and the plot is a bit disappointing, I liked the characters but felt that they could've done more with it, especially with the journey to the west theme.

That's how I felt when I finished it. The ending seemed a bit abrupt. In terms of gameplay it finished just in time to not feel dull, but in terms of narrative it was disappointingly abrupt.

It definitely didn't. Sterling's ridiculous 3/10 still sticks in my head. It's just proof how much marketing and hype machines buy you in the press, whether they realize it or not. You think a Rocksteady Batman would get a 3?

I think Origins reviews was proof of game journalism's questionable nature.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Wow I wake up on a rainy Saturday morning to a new tag. Thanks to the mod that made that happen!

I think it only appropriate to do a celebratory raffle...

Borderlands 2 GOTY Edition Giveaway

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Borderlands 2 Game of the Year Edition -- MB-90A836D36DAC6E51 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 17 entrants total.

t1391891776z1.png

Sajjaja

What's great is during my playthrough on the PC, the launchpad door never opened, and the rocket never left. I had to noclip through the wall onto the ground outside because the door was locking me in. The quest was completed according to the game, just. . . the ghouls didn't actually leave. (The rocket was still in the hangar, too)

Well, if it didn't bug out, we could never be sure Obsidian made it :p

Anteater

That's how I felt when I finished it. The ending seemed a bit abrupt. In terms of gameplay it finished just in time to not feel dull, but in terms of narrative it was disappointingly abrupt.

Yea the gameplay was paced surprisingly well, I ended up enjoying it towards the end.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
17 entires, slow afternoon. One more for good measure...

Splelunky Giveaway

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Spelunky -- MB-C41A804579AC64EC - Taken by Blue Ninja. 18 entrants total.

t1391892857z1.png

Right, I won this code from Jawmuncher, but since I'm too lazy to set up a VPN, I'll give it to someone who's really eager to play it instead. Jawmuncher OK'd it, so here you go. Only redeemable in whatever the fuck countries it's redeemable in, but it ain't Europa Superior, that's for sure.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Blue Ninja:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Inversion -- MB-4476D6B44026150B - Taken by Ingueferroque. 7 entrants total.

t1391892902z1.png

guabjjN.gif

17 entires, slow afternoon. One more for good measure...

Splelunky Giveaway

Amazing, again.
Stop being so awesome.

Right, I won this code from Jawmuncher, but since I'm too lazy to set up a VPN, I'll give it to someone who's really eager to play it instead. Jawmuncher OK'd it, so here you go. Only redeemable in whatever the fuck countries it's redeemable in, but it ain't Europa Superior, that's for sure.

guabjjN.gif

NA only, I think.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Beat The Swapper. 0/10 achievements, hahaha. I was just about to give up and search for answers on the four-switch puzzle when I had a revelation. Genuinely enjoyable figuring out every puzzle without outside help. I did find the story a little underbaked--there are clearly some broader themes sketched out, but it never really becomes a narrative. I'd like to play it again to try to find some of the hidden rooms and maybe pick the other ending (
I picked swap, OBVIOUSLY
)

I see Daily Royale has Knytt Underground for 1.19€ and I'm wondering if the game is any good.

It's OK. I'm about two thirds of the way through it. It's a very light puzzle platformer. The second world you play as a bouncy ball which is actually infuriating. There's maybe 30 or 40 platformers on Steam I'd put above it but I enjoyed my short time with it so far.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Beat The Swapper. 0/10 achievements, hahaha. I was just about to give up and search for answers on the four-switch puzzle when I had a revelation. Genuinely enjoyable figuring out every puzzle without outside help. I did find the story a little underbaked--there are clearly some broader themes sketched out, but it never really becomes a narrative. I'd like to play it again to try to find some of the hidden rooms and maybe pick the other ending (
I picked swap, OBVIOUSLY
)

My man. You picked the right ending. Also, it feels good to have people join the 0/10 club.

Sajjaja

Did anyone else order from that Ubisoft Russian price error in November?

I preordered both Watch Dogs and AC4 then and was charged for both and I received AC4. But just a few days ago on my CC I apparently got money back from the same place.

I'm not sure if my preorder was cancelled for Watch Dogs or w/e because I haven't received any notification of it being cancelled. Anyone else get an amount back?

Phinor

40 pounds (50€) for Stick of Truth on GMG, vs 40€ on Steam. Nope, nope, nope.
40 pounds for Batman Origins on GMG, vs 37€ on Steam. Not even their voucher will offset the difference.
GMG can go suck donkey dick for all I care.

Obviously there are individual exceptions to that rule but in most cases, when it comes to pricing, $ < £ < € (euro tier 2 being the exception in Steam but GMG like most sites don't have euro tiers).

Hero of the Kingdom was short (4 hours for 28/38 achievements) but really fun. I wish the items that you had to find was not so small. It became really easy to not see them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom