• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

didamangi

This is going to sound very strange, and I'm not going to be able to explain at the moment, but if anyone sees the Oil Blue go up on Steam please PM me IMMEDIATELY.

This isn't a problem with Valve/Steam or anything like that. Some prior dealings with a publisher. That's all I can say. Thanks y'all!

Strategy First strikes again, huh?

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II coming in Spring.

Trailer here.

More people should play the first game. It's an excellent aRPG (gameplay like Torchlight) all around.

As long as the price is reasonable, I expect it to be a day one purchase for me.

I haven't played the game myself and I won't judge it but they really should have gone with a different name. It makes the game sound like some garbage tier PC game that you find in bargain bins behind the games in cardboard boxes.

my friend does it all the time with game titles, it drives me nuts

"gonna go play some FF"

final fantasy? Fatal fury? Fatal Frame!? Final Fight!? I need to know which one!

"The PP trailer looks cool"

what the hell is PP?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Trailer here.

More people should play the first game. It's an excellent aRPG (gameplay like Torchlight) all around.

As long as the price is reasonable, I expect it to be a day one purchase for me.

While the first game was indeed incredible, I think the developers shitty attitude towards early buyers will probably put me off from wanting to buy this day one. And since I have about a billion other games to play, I think I'll probably wait until the "complete" edition of the second game goes on a 75% off sale.

Had the developers simply put the DLC for the first game on sale when the base game went on sale, I would probably be foaming at the mouth to play this. To add insult to injury, they discounted the "complete edition" of the game (that included all the DLC) before they discounted the DLC itself - and the whole thing cost less than just buying the DLC. Still mad about that.

This is going to sound very strange, and I'm not going to be able to explain at the moment, but if anyone sees the Oil Blue go up on Steam please PM me IMMEDIATELY.

This isn't a problem with Valve/Steam or anything like that. Some prior dealings with a publisher. That's all I can say. Thanks y'all!

edit: and please keep this within this thread, thanks. :)

Sure Chubigans.

I haven't played the game myself and I won't judge it but they really should have gone with a different name. It makes the game sound like some garbage tier PC game that you find in bargain bins behind the games in cardboard boxes.

what the hell is PP?

I assume Super Princess Peach for the DS.

Nabs

No worries. We got eyes everywhere.

Imagine if that RPS article reminded them of your game. Haha.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Trailer here.

Spring seems rather soon. The original isn't even a year old yet.

Now I'm going to be waiting up all night to see if this happens lest I miss out a la Paper Monsters, haha.

my friend does it all the time with game titles, it drives me nuts

"gonna go play some FF"

final fantasy? Fatal fury? Fatal Frame!? Final Fight!? I need to know which one!

"The PP trailer looks cool"

I can get behind this sentiment.
It drives me nuts when people use strange made up acronyms that add letters to titles or just defies logic.

Dolor

Yeah, I don't think the name is the best, but the game itself is quite well done. It's not 100% perfect everywhere, but there are really no weak points. Even the dialogue verges on the border of humorous at times which is quite an accomplishment.

While the first game was indeed incredible, I think the developers shitty attitude towards early buyers will probably put me off from wanting to buy this day one. And since I have about a billion other games to play, I think I'll probably wait until the "complete" edition of the second game goes on a 75% off sale.

Had the developers simply put the DLC for the first game on sale when the base game went on sale, I would probably be foaming at the mouth to play this. To add insult to injury, they discounted the "complete edition" of the game (that included all the DLC) before they discounted the DLC itself - and the whole thing cost less than just buying the DLC. Still mad about that.

Fair points. Ironically, I ended up buying the complete version on sale after it added cards and everything, and I ended up only playing the main melee class start to finish, so the DLC was effectively worthless to me. Still got more than my money's worth though.

Spring seems rather soon. The original isn't even a year old yet.

Yeah, they don't seem to be changing the formula up much, so I wouldn't be surprised if the game is VERY similar to the first one. That's great by me given how much I liked it, but I am guessing that is why they could iterate so fast.

I give them a C+ for their efforts.

====================================================

Beat Shank 2 today.
My simple thoughts.....it was decent not as good as the first.

My memories of the first don't suggest that the first was good at all. In fact, I was surprised by how good Mark of the Ninja was after realizing it was made by the devs that did the Shank series.

derExperte

No one pm chubigans until we all can stock up then.

Actually, I have a plan. You release the game, we buy tons as gifts, you pull the game, we all get rich.

tvePhjD.jpg

This offends me.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Borderlands 2 is getting a new update .

Description states it is for the up coming DLC.

Oh FFS
sorry guys, had to

Seriously though - I guess people are still buying DLC for this game which is the only explanation I have as to why they're still making it.

Jawmuncher

My memories of the first don't suggest that the first was good at all. In fact, I was surprised by how good Mark of the Ninja was after realizing it was made by the devs that did the Shank series.

My time with mark of the ninja wasn't very great.
I actually prefer both Shank 1 and 2 to it. Though im in the minority for that.
I think I just have a soft spot for action sidescrollers. Not to mention those that have a 80s like action film feel to them.

People really like them some Borderlands 2. Though I had my fill with the vanilla offering; co-op's a hell of a time machine, I don't know how I clocked 100 hours into that game.

Thorgal

Oh FFS
sorry guys, had to

Seriously though - I guess people are still buying DLC for this game which is the only explanation I have as to why they're still making it.

Well if this DLC is another campaign like tiny Tina's i really wouldn't mind .

If it is just a upgrade pack i will be pissed though.

r3n4ud

People really like them some Borderlands 2. Though I had my fill with the vanilla offering; co-op's a hell of a time machine, I don't know how I clocked 100 hours into that game.
Had a good time with it as well. Have yet to play the dlc though. People will have to continue to wait if they want the Borderlands 2 Ultimate Complete (We Promise) Edition :p

yea phantom pain :p

see how terrible it is!?

People need to use their heads when abbreviating, if they're going to do it. Phantom Pain should be MGS:pP.
Uncharted 2 would be U2, not UC2.
Hotline Miami would be HM, not HLM.
Borderlands has a broken one too in that people are lazy and want to abbreviate and call it BL, but it's one word...
I think the one that drives me nuts the most is GoW vs. Gears. :lol

My time with mark of the ninja wasn't very great.
I actually prefer both Shank 1 and 2 to it. Though im in the minority for that.
I think I just have a soft spot for action sidescrollers. Not to mention those that have a 80s like action film feel to them.

I like Mark of the Ninja for the exact opposite reason you prefer the Shank games, apparently. Not having to really deal with a "combat in a flash engine" feel made Mark of the Ninja all about platforming and strategy and had some really good level design and mechanics. Shank just felt kind of janky to me when I played it back on PS3 (when it came out). I thought it was okay, but it felt off to me in some way because of the engine, I'd guess. And the fact that I was getting bored quickly because I don't think there's a ton of variety in the combo system. Combined with dodging in a 2D space and I prefer 3D character action games for the most part, though I do love The Dishwasher series from SKA Studios.

Deques

My UK friend helped me with getting Prey from one of those UK ebay stores. But the key I got is invalid :(

The key format is weird too, but apparently the format is supposed to be weird.

Sobs...

Jawmuncher

I like Mark of the Ninja for the exact opposite reason you prefer the Shank games, apparently. Not having to really deal with a "combat in a flash engine" feel made Mark of the Ninja all about platforming and strategy and had some really good level design and mechanics. Shank just felt kind of janky to me when I played it back on PS3 (when it came out). I thought it was okay, but it felt off to me in some way because of the engine, I'd guess. And the fact that I was getting bored quickly because I don't think there's a ton of variety in the combo system. Combined with dodging in a 2D space and I prefer 3D character action games for the most part, though I do love The Dishwasher series from SKA Studios.

I can understand that.
As you mentioned preferring 3D action games I think that is my case with MoTN. I much prefer 3D stealth games.
So my time with MoTN always felt like something was missing.

So groupon is selling official microsoft refurbished controllers for $30-35, depending on whether you want a controller with a transformable dpad or not. I just got a plain white regular controller since i dont care for the transformable dpad and those other controllers look doofy as hell. I was tired of having a wired controller for my PC since I have it connected to my TV and it's kind of annoy to have that cable in the way.

People need to use their heads when abbreviating, if they're going to do it. Phantom Pain should be MGS:pP.
Uncharted 2 would be U2, not UC2.

ETQYGWp.jpg

Hotline Miami would be HM, not HLM.

fbBkCdp.jpg

Borderlands has a broken one too in that people are lazy and want to abbreviate and call it BL, but it's one word...
I think the one that drives me nuts the most is GoW vs. Gears. :lol

I think my favourite is DS

Nintendo DS
Darkstalkers
Darksiders
Dark Souls
Demon's Souls

VoidZero

Banned
Here's a raffle, good luck:

ModBot said:
Instructions for VoidZero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sang-Froid -- MB-143C8B0BB9865919 - Taken by bronson. 23 entrants total.
Interstellar Marines -- MB-B95112E6F636D030 - Taken by tylergregg. 10 entrants total.

t1392147700z1.png

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I think we should all agree that the only appropriate abbreviation for Borderlands 2 is B.M.

Yeah, Decsent is a game I would expect to only find on GOG. Steam trying to get a piece of that classic game collectors market?

They have been doing it all the time , just that recently it seems to be at a faster rate. The last Hitman missing came finally. Maybe SC:pandora Tomorrow will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom