• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like five minutes before I made that post. ;)

It was added within the last 24 hours :p

YIIKQYH.gif

Yeah I got a bit excited at seeing Descent on Steam. Descent, Doom and Red Alert pretty much defined my PC childhood. It's times like this that I absolutely LOVE PC gaming.

Assassin's Creed III is €5 at GetGames. It's Uplay, but it's €5, so fuck it. I'll probably get rid of my boxed Xbox 360 copies of the series now, or at least AC1 and III.

I believe one of the Path of Shadows developer has an account here, also I think Mire_Badass and Messofanego wrote some impressions about the prototype in the December indie thread.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I think my last post was missed (Or I've been put on peoples ignore lists, hopefully not the latter!), could you or a fellow Aussie GAF person help me get Walking Dead?

Thanks in advance :)

yea, what's worse is that trials are like the most awesome thing you can have as a player in a rpg

like some dude listing all the bad shit I've done and people testifying against and for me based on my previous actions? and maybe the judges may be swayed if I have a good reputation with them?

that sounds fucking awesome!

Chrono Trigger was ahead of it's time.

That's an awfully long post for something you're almost sold on.

Thought the same thing.

YIIKQYH.gif

Yeah I got a bit excited at seeing Descent on Steam. Descent, Doom and Red Alert pretty much defined my PC childhood. It's times like this that I absolutely LOVE PC gaming.

Pretty sweet, but it looks like a barebones release--none of the other Descent games, no Levels of the World/DMB, etc. Plus it's $6.99 for D1 alone. You might be better off getting the games from GOG instead, where D1 and D2 are $9.99.

Though, that said, the D1/D2 pack on GOG doesn't come with Levels of the World or D2: Infinite Abyss either, for some bizarre reason. You basically have to download them from some random site. Have no idea if that's even legal or not.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Bah, I tried to add $12 to my Wallet and although I was charged the purchase didn't go through.

I think my last post was missed (Or I've been put on peoples ignore lists, hopefully not the latter!), could you or a fellow Aussie GAF person help me get Walking Dead?

Thanks in advance :)

PM'd.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Bah, I tried to add $12 to my Wallet and although I was charged the purchase didn't go through.

PM'd.

Thank you kindly sir! :)

Have to wait until I get home from work to play, but hey ho.

Authority

Banned
How have you not played MotN? Go get on that!

oh noooo

Will definitely do.

That's an awfully long post for something you're almost sold on.

It impressed me allot and hence wanted to share the information. Being sold for me means willing to put my money where my mouth is and it did convince me to back up in the future after playing it roughly for ten to fifteen minutes. Regardless of the game crushing and its hellallot bugs [it is a prototype after all], I was immediately sucked into the world. The main hero is such a badass.

Anyone knows the release date for Ninja Gaiden Z?

I was not impressed the first time but this video made me want it even more;
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/yaiba-ninja-gaiden-z-yaiba-ninja-badass/2300-6417121/

Lastly, if there are other games like Ninja Gaiden/Mark of the Ninja/Path of Shadows, I would literally die to play them so let me know.

I believe one of the Path of Shadows developer has an account here, also I think Mire_Badass and Messofanego wrote some impressions about the prototype in the December indie thread.

Can you give me a link to that thread please?

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Anyone here has ever had to deal with the Humble Bundle support? I sent them an email two days ago because I can't find my key/mails for some bundles i bought (even with the key resender) but I still haven't heard back.

Arthea

Can someone tell me, what The Portable Smissmas Spirit Dispenser exactly do in TF2?

edited: Path of Shadows does look interesting.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Oh for fuck sake. I'm an idiot.

You know, after you write the email and click send on their site, a new page loads, where they give you some link to the faqs, but they DON'T send your email quite yet. You have to click on a button that says "These didn't help me, send this email to support" to get it sent.

Terra_Ex

How is avadon? Been needing a turn based game for my low spec laptop.
Decent overall, strong writing throughout, quite linear compared to Spiderweb's other stuff, but enjoyable enough with some nice inter-party banter spread throughout. Combat is solid turn-based stuff, not outstanding but serviceable with a good number of interesting setups for bosses. I enjoyed it, probably the easiest Spiderweb software game to get into, but it all depends on whether you really like old school rpgs.

Yeah, Batman: Arkham City is more like it! I'm starting to feel it now.

This is gonna be awesome, I know it. Sorry Woo and Indeed Who, but I loved Arkham Asylum, and this seems to be a worthy sequel :p

Don't be sorry :). I'm glad you enjoyed it and hope you enjoy City even more.

Oh no, I'm not feeling bad at all! I said that in reference to my previous post: "I'm not feeling it for Castlevania Lords of Shadow."

And the apology to Woo and Indeed Hoo was a bit of a joke, because I had recommended him that game in the past, and he ended up not liking it.

I'd settle for it to have the same quality level. Being better would be the icing on the cake.

:eek: It's all your fault! :mad:

I saw your screenies earlier and was sorely tempted to troll the game in the comments but resisted the temptation.

Time for some more coffee as I now know what I'll be busy doing for the next half an hour!

heh heh heh

Salsa

fucking dead pixels man

debating wether I should go change the monitor and risk getting one that's even worse or just live with this

hate this

_hekk05

Banned
fucking dead pixels man

debating wether I should go change the monitor and risk getting one that's even worse or just live with this

hate this

Change til you get one without a dead pixel.

Fuck dead pixels. I had one on my old laptop screen. My eyebrow would twitch everytime I noticed it. The motherboard failed a couple of months later so I bought a new one immediately.

Arthea

I hate acronyms. Everyone should just type out the whole word.

some of us are lazy, and we aren't living in paradise exactly, just pointin out ;)

QFT

Sry

lol, well played

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II coming in Spring.
More people should play the first game. It's an excellent aRPG (gameplay like Torchlight) all around.
As long as the price is reasonable, I expect it to be a day one purchase for me.

I haven't played the first one yet, why devs are so fast? Well, some of them are

BTW how long is the first game?

Dolor

Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II coming in Spring.

Trailer here.

More people should play the first game. It's an excellent aRPG (gameplay like Torchlight) all around.

As long as the price is reasonable, I expect it to be a day one purchase for me.

Cheddahz

Banned
I was thinking about buying Castlevania: LoS, but I have a bunch of other games I need to play anyways, so I think I can wait for it to go on sale again

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
This is going to sound very strange, and I'm not going to be able to explain at the moment, but if anyone sees the Oil Blue go up on Steam please PM me IMMEDIATELY.

This isn't a problem with Valve/Steam or anything like that. Some prior dealings with a publisher. That's all I can say. Thanks y'all!

edit: and please keep this within this thread, thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom