• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
ETQYGWp.jpg

fbBkCdp.jpg

I think my favourite is DS

Nintendo DS
Darkstalkers
Darksiders
Dark Souls
Demon's Souls

Dead Space.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah, Decsent is a game I would expect to only find on GOG. Steam trying to get a piece of that classic game collectors market?

I don't think it's Valve making a push. More likely is that Interplay is bringing more of its older games over to fill the void left by its publishing contract for the classic Fallout titles expiring.

louiedog

Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate Deluxe Edition showed up in the Xbox Games Store with a date of March 25th. It's an Arcade game, so probably $15 to $20.

It showed up for Steam awhile back (as Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate HD) and hopefully will hit PC at the same time.

nexen

I don't think it's Valve making a push. More likely is that Interplay is bringing more of its older games over to fill the void left by its publishing contract for the classic Fallout titles expiring.

Interplay is desperate for cash. At this point I'd be surprised if they had more than one employee.

JaseC

Releases on the 25th/26th, depending on your time zone, and there's a 10% pre-purchase discount that brings the price down to $53.99. Disappointingly, there are no pre-purchase incentives.

Edit: The sub has the same gifting/trading restriction that Rising has. While you can circumvent it by having the gift e-mailed to you and then activating it using a VPN, I wouldn't recommend this.

Edit edit: Also, the game isn't available in the following countries and folks within these territories will need to use a VPN to activate retail keys:

BT Bhutan
BN Brunei Darussalam
KH Cambodia
CN China
HK Hong Kong
ID Indonesia
JP Japan
KR Korea, Republic of
LA Lao People's Democratic Republic
MO Macau
MY Malaysia
MV Maldives
MN Mongolia
NP Nepal
PH Philippines
SG Singapore
LK Sri Lanka
TW Taiwan
TH Thailand
VN Vietnam

AHA-Lambda

That looks amazing XD

Releases on the 25th/26th, depending on your time zone, and there's a 10% pre-purchase discount that brings the price down to $53.99. Disappointingly, there are no pre-purchase incentives.

Edit: The sub has the same gifting/trading restriction that Rising has. While you can circumvent this by having the gift e-mailed to you and then activating it using a VPN, I wouldn't recommend this.

oh come on Cox you promised us extra goodies!

Edit: The sub has the same gifting/trading restriction that Rising has. While you can circumvent this by having the gift e-mailed to you and then activating it using a VPN, I wouldn't recommend this.

uuuh, only 35.99€

tempted

Dolor

No cards either. Ho-hum. Will pick it up on a big sale.

JaseC

If you don't want to play with fire, I'd just wait for LoS 2 to appear on GameFly or Nuuvem. The former will probably only offer it to those in NCSA territories, but the latter should be fine regardless of where you are, although the use of a BR-based VPN may be required.

Turfster

Kalypso deals at Gamefly
  • Port Royale 3 75% off (not Steam)
  • Incesticon 50% off
  • Rise of Venice 50% off
  • Tropico 4 Collector's Edition 75% off (not Steam)
  • Omerta 75% off

(UK)FEB20OFF for an extra 20% off

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Valve made reverted a change on the store page. The "Linux" button at the top no longer displays "Linux + SteamOS." It's just Linux again.

At least they realized their design mistake

HoosTrax

Edit: The sub has the same gifting/trading restriction that Rising has. While you can circumvent it by having the gift e-mailed to you and then activating it using a VPN, I wouldn't recommend this.

Edit edit: Also, the game isn't available in the following countries and folks within these territories will need to use a VPN to activate retail keys:
I thought PC gamers were promised a surprise along with the LoS2 preorder. Is the "surprise" that the game costs console price ($59.99)?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
isn't it the same thing?

Not at all. Before, the "Linux + SteamOS" button caused the homepage banner to have a critical flaw in design. Basically, the empty space between the last button and the search box was smaller than the width of the smallest button the bar. Design wise, this causes the human brain to subconsciously split the design into two sections then, the left and the right portions.

So rather than being a coherent design (as it once again is) it was causing the design of the top bar to break in an off-centered position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom