• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something tells me Rome II is going to dominate.

jFDOzff.png

CH4aEJh.png

:O

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
JaseC, do you own Blade Kitten? There's a chance that the current sub for the game will no longer be available if Krome Studios cannot get it transferred over from Atari. They'll be forced to make a new one for Blade Kitten + Episode 2 DLC.

That I do. As nice as it would be if Krome had to upload a second Blade Kitten app, considering Atari quite literally gave the game back to Krome I assume it's relinquishing publishing rights.

Edit: The Facebook comment quoted in the OP of the thread you made seems to confirm as much.

Goddamn it, I had a perfect storm of crashes and now Steam thinks I don't have any of my Steam games in my library installed on my PC, when the SteamApps folder shows them all sitting there. Any way I can quickly and easily fix this?

Benedict

Now that OMG Zombies! is out I guess I can post my impressions.

I just finished OMG Zombies! fellow GAFfers:

MsjGnBm.png

IiIQAbk.png

What it started to be a basic and simple point and shoot-to-kill started to become more and more addictive as you played and unlocked new levels.

The game offer you 100 levels and you unlocked them as you go through them. When you clear a level a percentage will show on how many of them you killed/were left to kill. It is wise to always aim for the 100% as you will want it to unlock further levels. At the start this is going to be very hard, the reason is, you only have 2-3 bullets to shoot and not only they do low damage but the Zombies are on level 1. You can level up you enemies, yes. The more you level them up the more splash damage they make or the bigger the impact is, etc. Different zombies have different effects. The can blow up and and provide a chain of explosions, shock others, melt as they walk by, shoot others (some of the zombies have a pistol or a assault rifle) and so on.

You will repeat earlier levels but this time you will be more prepared once you start to level zombies up (or your gun, or making barrels more powerful). Because the gameplay mechanics are rather simple and easy getting into this game it shouldn't be a problem but it can become more and more addictive because I found an odd satisfaction with the fact that, with just a single bullet I can kill them all from all those reaction shots and other effects from the zombies.

The time to completion I posted above was gameplay only. No idling. Took me that time to finish all the 100 Levels at 100% in every single one of them, and it was worth it. The only achievement I have left requires a major grind and time spent in the game.

Regarding the ending you can have more than a different ending and you can have a" good" or a "bad" one. The Story itself is presented in a Comic Book style which is a nice thing. As for the price it's a no-brainer (eh!) specially with a 20% OFF with Achievements (and Cards too!). If there's any question, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them.
As always, apologies for the low grammar vacabulary.

I agree in everything you said. Addictive little game that I have spent countless hours on with my PSP and later the PS Vita version. Now I'm looking forward to several hours in front of my PC.

It seems though it's losing the tag-war...

Dolor

Double dipped on Witcher 2 with some card money. Free game yay

Good man.

Something tells me Rome II is going to dominate.

jFDOzff.png

CH4aEJh.png

It's the better game (IMO).

Rome 2: 35GB disk space? Is this for real? o_O

It's beautiful. It will actually challenge your hardware, so don't put it at max unless you own a beast.

So let me get this straight... Sales on Witcher, Total War, and Company of Heroes all today? What is this, Make Dolor Love Steam More Day?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Goddamn it, I had a perfect storm of crashes and now Steam thinks I don't have any of my Steam games in my library installed on my PC, when the SteamApps folder shows them all sitting there. Any way I can quickly and easily fix this?

It's not exactly quick, but when you reinstall the games Steam should detect the existing data and not actually download anything.

Sober

Yes, if you like Total War, it is in very good shape now. It wasn't great at launch, but the game is certainly up there with the best in the series now.

Too bad the metacritic rating is static as the game is much improved. Plus workshop support means you can make the game better if you don't like the Vanilla version.
Sounds like par for the course for pretty much every Total War game anyway. I'm just mad at myself for day 1-ing it.

CoH2 on the other hand, has it gotten better or is it still every little negative tidbit I heard about it since release.

random

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Finding Teddy -- MB-365FBA62C620C0F9 - Taken by nightstorm. 7 entrants total.
Not The Robots -- MB-F2E4C8F18C96243A - Taken by _hekk05. 6 entrants total.
And Yet it Moves -- MB-964284215A4095D7 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 1 entrants total.

t1392319516z1.png

Dolor

Sounds like par for the course for pretty much every Total War game anyway. I'm just mad at myself for day 1-ing it.

I got 100+ hours out of it, so I don't regret my purchase. I wish it had come out more polished but mostly because I think the lower critic scores will keep a lot of people from playing the game and give the devs less money for the next Total War game.

CoH2 on the other hand, has it gotten better or is it still every little negative tidbit I heard about it since release.

CoH2 has an extremely annoying mission where your infantry dies if out in the cold too long. It's just a terrible mechanic and shouldn't have made it through the first play-test. Also, if like me, you like your WWII strategy games with plenty of tanks, than you will need to go through a few missions before you get to the tank parts. Other than that, it is a pretty good sequel to CoH. It's worth getting if you really liked the first one, but it isn't an amazing game.

Colin.

The Bridge is a good puzzle game but I wouldn't buy it for $6. I got it for around $3 during the winter seal.

Yeah, most of the games are just repeats from previous bundles. And are pretty low value, even when not in a bundle. I also thought Dear Esther was a strange $6 tier choice, considering it has been in the $1 tier previously.

because i hear you guys like pc games sometimes.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Indie Bundle 3 -- MB-594B18B574576AF7 - Taken by Tellaerin. 9 entrants total.

t1392320822z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Luxuria Suberbia is a game that I think plays well on a tablet with touch controls, but I have to imagine feels somewhat lacking without that interface for 98% of PCs that will play the game.

I'm still undecided on The Dream Machine. I already have so many adventure games to play that I'm backed up on, and it's worrisome to me that Steam absolutely refuses to let me add Chapter 4 to my wishlist.

Now that OMG Zombies! is out I guess I can post my impressions.

Quite the nice write-up my friend, you've convinced me to buy it... someday. I got the original off PS+ some time ago, but I couldn't play very long because I just wasn't a fan of the controls of (designed for PSP, played on PS3), but you've convinced me to give it another try since mouse and keyboard exists as an option.

Tellaerin

How's the Witcher 2 for $4? I own the first one and couldn't really get into it after 2 hours. Didn't like the combat very much. Is this one different?

Tizoc

HOLY SHIT, BLAZBLUE!
I like CT, but like others would rather have the latest ver. CP on Steam instead.
Non the less, even if you don't want the game you can support by gifting it
*Stupid financial obligations*

random

Yay I won! Nothing to do with the fact that i put 'win this raffle' into the title of my pm haha. Thanks random.

Playfire isn't giving me my rewards, but I'm not too hung up about it. One day I shall save up enough to buy something.

No problem, it is not cheating if Modbot doesn't say so :)

You reminded me of that Playfire think I signed up for, and never checked on.
It looks like I only got the credit for signing up, and never played anything they were giving out points for by accident.

edit: and since I feel morally obligated to buy any fighting game on Steam, that is not made by NetherRealm, I may have to play Blazblue again soon.

I almost bought BlazBlue but luckily I read that comment about GFWL and then I remembered that there's also Continuum Shift and Chronophantasma.

At this price I will buy it if they remove GFWL though, for the OST alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom