• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kulapik

It's the GFWL version or the Windows 8 no online version? Considering the Windows 8 version is 6,49 and this is 8.99 (€), I would go with the former.

EDIT: It's the Windows 8 one, Single player and local coop only :|

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

And Yet It Poops (this game sux) -- MB-227A825829AA30A6 - Taken by zeroOman. 1 entrants total.

t1392321767z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The First Half of the Dream Machine (you need to pay extra to get the rest of the game because Humble Sucks) -- MB-9D09E9EFA9E433F0 - Taken by KenOD. 6 entrants total.

t1392321992z1.png

Now that OMG Zombies! is out I guess I can post my impressions.

I just finished OMG Zombies! fellow GAFfers:

MsjGnBm.png

IiIQAbk.png

What it started to be a basic and simple point and shoot-to-kill started to become more and more addictive as you played and unlocked new levels.

The game offer you 100 levels and you unlocked them as you go through them. When you clear a level a percentage will show on how many of them you killed/were left to kill. It is wise to always aim for the 100% as you will want it to unlock further levels. At the start this is going to be very hard, the reason is, you only have 2-3 bullets to shoot and not only they do low damage but the Zombies are on level 1. You can level up you enemies, yes. The more you level them up the more splash damage they make or the bigger the impact is, etc. Different zombies have different effects. The can blow up and and provide a chain of explosions, shock others, melt as they walk by, shoot others (some of the zombies have a pistol or a assault rifle) and so on.

You will repeat earlier levels but this time you will be more prepared once you start to level zombies up (or your gun, or making barrels more powerful). Because the gameplay mechanics are rather simple and easy getting into this game it shouldn't be a problem but it can become more and more addictive because I found an odd satisfaction with the fact that, with just a single bullet I can kill them all from all those reaction shots and other effects from the zombies.

The time to completion I posted above was gameplay only. No idling. Took me that time to finish all the 100 Levels at 100% in every single one of them, and it was worth it. The only achievement I have left requires a major grind and time spent in the game.

Regarding the ending you can have more than a different ending and you can have a" good" or a "bad" one. The Story itself is presented in a Comic Book style which is a nice thing. As for the price it's a no-brainer (eh!) specially with a 20% OFF with Achievements (and Cards too!). If there's any question, feel free to ask and I'll try to answer them.
As always, apologies for the low grammar vacabulary.

Thanks for the review. Its great to see new people trying it who never previously played the Playstation versions.

I agree in everything you said. Addictive little game that I have spent countless hours on with my PSP and later the PS Vita version. Now I'm looking forward to several hours in front of my PC.

It seems though it's losing the tag-war...

Tag war?

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
And Yet It Poops (this game sux)

does it really? judging by the trailer, the rotational concept seemed pretty neat, but the main character's movement looked bad. Also I'm not sure I'm a fan of puzzle platformers in general (I only liked Papo & Yo and ICO, but that was only for either the atmosphere or characters respectively).

koma

Maybe this was posted already:

25% off almost all PC Download products on the GMG store!

Just head to www.greenmangaming.com and enter the following code when you're in the basket:

YOGCST-BESTYT-EVERRR

This code is valid until Valentine's Day (1600 GMT 14th February to be precise!) so make sure you use it before then!

If the game has "Third party DRM: Steam" on the store page, then they give you a steam key

Saty

That's a great promotion by Sega. There are publishers who have a longer tradition of making PC games that don't do something that creative.

Yaska

Ooh a shiny Steam Music beta-invite. No idea what do I need this thingy for, but it'll be interesting to play around

On-topic tho:
Kinda like the SEGA promo, wonder what the DLC will be.

hohoXD123

does it really? judging by the trailer, the rotational concept seemed pretty neat, but the main character's movement looked bad. Also I'm not sure I'm a fan of puzzle platformers in general (I only liked Papo & Yo and ICO, but that was only for either the atmosphere or characters respectively).

The tags seem to agree.

Skidd

Just bought the Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition for €4.00

I've been meaning to get the game for a while now but was waiting for a possible sale and lo and behold, the price drops 80%.

I'm new to the wonders of Steam and this feels so absurd I can't stop laughing.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's the GFWL version or the Windows 8 no online version? Considering the Windows 8 version is 6,49 and this is 8.99 (€), I would go with the former.

EDIT: It's the Windows 8 one, Single player and local coop only :|

Ah, so the key pop-up is useless, then? I was misled. :( Nonetheless, the possibility still exists that the beta branch may be related to a Steamworks patch.

Does anyone remember that browser turn based zombie survival game from like 2004ish? I'm wondering if Dead State is like a fleshed out version of that.

Benedict

Have at it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.

Serious Sam 3 BFE -- MB-27C2DC5367F76F20 - Taken by bkw. 1 entrants total.

t1392322892z1.png

Benedict

Some more

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Surgeon Simulator 2013 -- MB-0A023D56AA12F3A3 - Taken by Evrain
To The Moon -- MB-E7CAD8AA8013079E - Taken by RS4-
Papa Y Yo -- MB-3257B8B3D973FBA6 - Taken by Vandrar

RS4-

Ugh fuck, I pasted the wrong key lol, already have To The Moon.

If someone else wants TTM, quote this and thank Benedict for the original giveaway.

Cheers Bene!

does anyone ever get this "preparing to install bug"? Just stalls on creating local game cache files. Ive tried flushing, deleting appmanifest.

Levyne

Banned
SteamGAF, any recommendations for headphones? Let's say the budget tops at ~200 dollars. I've tried doing some searching but I see a ton of recommendations for headsets, which, when I asked before, I was suggested to stay away from.

Don't mean to sound like I can't think for myself, but I trust you guys :D

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
What the fuck steam. First, you'll gonna release Metal Slug 3 in like 2 days. Then, Ikaruga is annouced as coming out next week. And now, out of the blue, BlazBlue. I have a budget you know, you sold me the software to make it! Curse you Gabe Newell!

Beware that Inversion can only be activated on America.

First come first serve, enjoy! :D

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Inversion -- MB-DC131B5B913D7F9B - Taken by mr_tc
Enslaved -- MB-5B1A71F042D383B1 - Taken by inm8num2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom