• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolor

The people working at Valve are smart (some of the best) but I think they have a problem interacting with and getting to know their customers.

Yeah, both this and the greenlight thing seem to show that they aren't really prepared for their customers to abuse their systems.

I'm actually not even sure it is a bad thing that they actually have faith in us to behave better than we end up doing (certainly, it is better than most other companies that assume we are thieves and villains first).

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-422C967E70FBE3C9

t1392331396z1.png

Acccent

you guys never answered my question but I took a risk and went ahead and it worked so here ya go enjoy

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- no lurkers, no winners weekly, blacklist, 3 hours raffle, enter only if you want the keys for yourself

Lufthansa Suspiria -- MB-749718931CB419CA - Taken by PandaPedinte. 6 entrants total.
Deer Easter -- MB-7780AAAC9CB8669C - Taken by thesaucetastic. 3 entrants total.
Still, It's Not Still -- MB-56F7EFB55AAD98C8 - Taken by SSPssp
The Tunnel -- MB-A6DB2DECDAF66769 - Taken by Cosmic Schwung. 4 entrants total.

t1392341701z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Got my 4th foil card drop from The Cat Lady (Doctor X). No others on the market.

This thing will probably sit in my Active Listings forever.

Humbling.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

And Yet It Moves -- MB-8FB6E74214719904 - Taken by cardinalmind

Isn't Rome II a total mess and Company of Heroes II laden with free-to-play-esque IAP? I had a friend warn me off of CoH II during the winter sale and this was someone who spent a lot of time with the original, mostly in multiplayer.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Rome II has received several patches and is quite solid now as a title.

A question for those who know Steam coding and tricks better than I. Is there a way to add something to a wishlist other than directly clicking on the "Add to your wishlist" on the client or website? I ask specifically because no matter what I do, I can't actually add "The Dream Machine: Chapter 4" to my wishlist that way. Always just "oops, sorry".

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Rome II has received several patches and is quite solid now as a title.

A question for those who know Steam coding and tricks better than I. Is there a way to add something to a wishlist other than directly clicking on the "Add to your wishlist" on the client or website? I ask specifically because no matter what I do, I can't actually add "The Dream Machine: Chapter 4" to my wishlist that way. Always just "oops, sorry".

Without getting into the code itself, usually "oops, sorry" means either

a) Valve has blocked people from adding this to their wishlist (unlikely) or
b) The form on that page is using the wrong App ID (most likely) or
c) It's listed in the database as a "package" containing more than one app, which results in a).

This one looks like it's actually a) for some reason.

Rome II has received several patches and is quite solid now as a title..

That's good to hear.

The thing I don't like about the CoH II DLC is that not all of it is listed on the main store page. It's possible to find these multiple DLC packs (commander packs and skins) but you have to search for "COH 2" to find it all, it doesn't show up under a "Company of Heroes 2" search.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?snr=1_5_9__12&term=COH+2

It's disingenuous. It's roughly 50$ of DLC on the first page of the search results alone and there are four pages, none of which is listed on the main store page.

DukeBobby

Resident Evil 4 and South Park are both paid off.

Now that Castlevania is off my list, that just leaves Thief. I hope I can get it for under £20.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Without getting into the code itself, usually "oops, sorry" means either

a) Valve has blocked people from adding this to their wishlist (unlikely) or
b) The form on that page is using the wrong App ID (most likely) or
c) It's listed in the database as a "package" containing more than one app, which results in a).

This one looks like it's actually a) for some reason.

Looking over it I'm betting it's an incorrect App ID. I believe it's failing because has it links toward http://steamdb.info/app/93304/ as opposed to http://steamdb.info/app/94304/

I'll just have to write it down somewhere to remind myself to buy it later.

jshackles

The_Monk

Quite the nice write-up my friend, you've convinced me to buy it... someday. I got the original off PS+ some time ago, but I couldn't play very long because I just wasn't a fan of the controls of (designed for PSP, played on PS3), but you've convinced me to give it another try since mouse and keyboard exists as an option.

Thanks KenOD I'm hoping you can find the controller better this time around.

Thanks for the review. Its great to see new people trying it who never previously played the Playstation versions.

Indeed, I have never tried to Vita version so it was fun trying it for the first time.

Thanks. Really glad you liked it so much :)

Also thanks to everyone on here (lurkers included) who helped on the beta. I think we doubled the number of beta testers after I posted in here so it did make a big difference and we really appreciated it.

Thank you! You let me know if there's anything else or I can help you with. I'll be more than happy to provide any help.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Always get a bit paranoid with hack news, even If they are bullshit :/

KarmaCow

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream -- MB-C2EE8511187862BA - Taken by Firehead
Sideways New York -- MB-1CC11B155423B5C4 - Taken by Tenrius
Astro Tripper -- MB-1E03088669D0424C - Taken by Stumpokapow

Momentary

Banned
Should I give up hope on Castlevania being good? Man with what's been said so far it looks like Yaiba might turn out to have a better score.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Should I give up hope on Castlevania being good? Man with what's been said so far it looks like Yaiba might turn out to have a better score.

You mean the second or the first one?

DukeBobby

I've given up hope. The demo wasn't great, and it looks to be even more of a bloated mess than the original.

Momentary

Banned
Did you play the demo?

Yeah. It seems pretty decent. That's why I'm so taken aback by the reviews. I'm just wondering what the hell is in the full game to leave them with such a bad taste in their mouths. I'm still going to pick the game up, but these recent reviews have shifted my hype from this game to Yaiba now which already looks like the superior character action game in my opinion.

Rhaknar

So are all reviews shitting on the game? I only saw the game informer one

Momentary

Banned
HOLY CRAP, I'm late to the party on this BlazBlue deal. OH MY GOD!!! It's happening! Chrono Phantasma, Xrd, and P4 on the way to Steam! BELIEVE!!!

The Castlevania: Lord of Shadows 2 demo featured a section from the game that the reviews I've seen have no problem with, the parts of the game that are like the first. The issue seems to be with the sections of the game set in the present day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom