• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Has anyone tried Dungeon of the Endless? The art style looks great, but as it's Early Access I'm not sure if there's enough there to warrant a purchase just yet. It seems like a really interesting blend of rogue-like and dugenon-defense mechanics. Definitely going to keep my eye on this.

Milamber

Banished is now available on the official site ($20, includes Steam key).

nJkzyLM.gif

Has anyone tried Dungeon of the Endless? The art style looks great, but as it's Early Access I'm not sure if there's enough there to warrant a purchase just yet. It seems like a really interesting blend of rogue-like and dugenon-defense mechanics. Definitely going to keep my eye on this.

Toma played and liked it, he recorded a gameplay video with some of his first impressions. I think it was in the December's indie thread.

jediyoshi

SE would probably make it complicated as fuck if they are giving out steam keys, like redeem a key on their website so you get another one to activate on your account and wait 3 days for the steam key.

They wouldn't be Steam keys in that case :p

I'd be surprised if they bothered trying to tie the accounts together in any case, otherwise it'd probably just make it more complicated for anyone with an existing account to log in.

Locust

SE would probably make it complicated as fuck if they are giving out steam keys, like redeem a key on their website so you get another one to activate on your account and wait 3 days for the steam key.

and they will probably region lock all the keys and send out the wrong ones.
All they'd need to do is hand out keys for a sub that only contains the install files / launcher and has no activation key included.

I wonder if it would be possible to upgrade my sub to CE and get another free month if I bought the Steam CE version.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Hmm looks like I got a Foil from 3079 that I won from a giveaway here. If I manage to sell it before the deals expire I'll buy Alpha Protocol or Binary Domain and gift it to the community here

Arthea

If I resisted King's Bounty Legions, I surely can resist FF14 reborn, right? RIGHT?

oh... but... isn't it time for a name change then ?_?

That's not the case really, gog has own thread, I remember Origin had one too, Amazon it seems doesn't have one anymore. It's still the steam thread, well Desura too somewhat.

Not Russian enough.

what would be enough?

MRORANGE

Do we no longer have an Origin megathread? Searched and couldn't find it.

Anyway, just refreshed my Origin client and got a 460MB NFS Rivals patch in addition to BF4 Second Assault. Anyone know what the NFS patch does? I'd guess DLC, but it'd be nice if it was actual game updates... perhaps the fix that officially removes the 30FPS lock?

We do have a Origin thread, but it's quite inactive, if it's the patch from December, then no, the 30FPS cap is still there.

It is.
Well, it's the official PC digital store thread, covering Desura, GOG, Amazon, etc.
There's some mod posts somewhere.

'Covers most of PC' would be best put, those other services still have their own threads in there own respect. Any cross-over here should be for the fact that it is Steamworks or it might be cheaper.

EDIT: Plus don't forget all the other non-store PC threads that are floating around, making one megathread would make this thread almost unreadable for some.

Chronoja

So, FFXIV community hub is now up.

I wonder how miniscule the chances are that Square actually hands out Steam keys for previous buyers.

e: Store page also

The reason owners aren't getting steam keys is, and I quote from the reddit page,

SE_Kahuna said:
Nope, there isn't. Imagine it from Steam's perspective. You would register a game you haven't bought through them, that made them no money, but use their infrastructure to download a 10GB client, presumably more than once. Contrary to popular belief, server space and traffic come at a price :)

Because every game ever redeemed on steam was instantly suspicious and valve hate us for using their bandwidth.

Locust

Yeah that's just dumb, Valve doesn't give a shit about publishers requesting free Steam keys for their game, in fact it's one of the selling points of Steamworks.

Tizoc

Any reason t o play witcher 1? Or should I just jump straight into Witcher 2 and I won't have missed out on anything?

I'm not sure what happened. A couple of days ago when I looked at my C: drive there was only like 200MB space left, I was thinking what I should get rid of, but got sidetracked. Now I look at it again, and there almost 9gigs free space? WTF...

kurahador

Any reason t o play witcher 1? Or should I just jump straight into Witcher 2 and I won't have missed out on anything?

Story in 1 & 2 are mostly self contained, but still...I would recommend starting with 1 as it's more inviting and great at easing you into its complex lore and world.

Plus there's an import save function.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm not sure what happened. A couple of days ago when I looked at my C: drive there was only like 200MB space left, I was thinking what I should get rid of, but got sidetracked. Now I look at it again, and there almost 9gigs free space? WTF...

I'd guess pagefile.sys has removed itself. The file is practically vestigial in nature these days unless you have less than 6GB RAM.

Price error in Brazil, IIRC

Yeah, R$13.99 rather than R$139.99. Somebody missed a 9.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Stuff:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guns of Icarus Online CE -- MB-388D3FD4E70607CB - Taken by Evrain
Oniken -- MB-F7E156F9D5FC6D38 - Taken by Anteater
3089: Futuristic Action RPG -- MB-96FC4D7CD4AE6F30 - Taken by Fuu
Realms of Arkania Trilogy -- MB-22439D09CB87329F - Taken by user237
Universe Sandbox -- MB-18F81F95554EC0A1 - Taken by vermadas
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-355AD339F016B335 - Taken by Sub Zero
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-CA219D3D31D3DED6 - Taken by bronson
Zombie Shooter -- MB-B66CEB2B95D5D94F - Taken by crazyrabbits
Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual -- MB-82FEDFDD6810E547 - Taken by Mavromatis
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-7DCACE47D2488999 - Taken by didamangi
Finding Teddy -- MB-03D1251E21FECC80 - Taken by r3n4ud
Inquisitor: Deluxe Edition -- MB-C4F457D23B2C3549 - Taken by MMBosstones86
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Shadow Warrior -- MB-5F57EFB50BA16B46 - Taken by yuraya
Xotic -- MB-A761F192317B9176 - Taken by Garcia
Grimind -- MB-CEAFF032F08BEEC6 - Taken by Deques
1953: KGB Unleashed -- MB-83C0E19C66DFCFA6 - Taken by Tesseract
Dead Island Epidemic -- MB-FFC6AD90709EFD59 - Taken by Da DreadLord
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-A76C0876B973AB12 - Taken by Sarcasm

Terra_Ex

Plenty of reason to play it, fantastic game with branching paths which set the groundwork for Geralt's story in future titles as well as introducing you to the world. It'd be foolish not to play it if you have the chance to.

FloatOn

I'm not going to be around much today thanks to corporate auditing my 4th quarter audit.

I did want to wish you all luck in beating Ikaruga though, I was never able to. It comes out today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom