• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

kafiend

Best of luck.

Toki Tori, Rush and Interstellar Marines are Steam Gift links. Other games are Humble links.

I removed the two Half Life games that I originally had in here too from the raffle because of the confusion around Valve maybe reclaiming them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kafiend, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-02F5C3A8847AFF51 - Taken by Waku. 10 entrants total.
Toki Tori -- MB-DB3FB1C5A7697FB4 - Taken by Kiru. 3 entrants total.
Rush -- MB-A970F670BB1DC471 - Taken by Benedict. 3 entrants total.
Interstellar Marines -- MB-75B8F5C58E7FB386 - Taken by C4rter. 12 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-31CA0028F69AAFF4 - Taken by zbarron. 4 entrants total.
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams -- MB-3882F131A4DE870F - Taken by RS4-. 1 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-2EBB192E4994DA9C - Taken by Prodigal. 4 entrants total.

t1392852447z1.png

Garcia

The developer of Eterium just answered my question on the forum:
Q: This game looks very similar to X-wing Vs. Tie Fighter (one of my all time favorite games). I'm wondering about the depth of the flight mechanics in Eterium. How similar are both in terms of ship maneuvering?

A: The flight controls are very similar to the controls used in Wing Commander. The X-axis on the stick controls yaw and the Y-axis controls pitch. It has an arcade feel (flying an airplane) similar to the X-Wing and Wing Commander series. The underlying mechanics of the flight model are based on realistic physics. All the ships have inertia and the game automatically fires the appropriate thrusters to simulate airplane-style mechanics. This allows for your ship to briefly slide during high-speed turns or even fly backwards for a bit when doing a 180.

I'll keep a close eye on this game.

(I also have to play Wing Commander. Never heard of it before.)

Prodigal

Banned
I've been idling in CoD: Ghosts MP for the trading cards and now they seemed to have stopped dropping after only getting 2. What aspect of this game isn't broken? Lol

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I've been idling in CoD: Ghosts MP for the trading cards and now they seemed to have stopped dropping after only getting 2. What aspect of this game isn't broken? Lol

Your client probably needs to update. It will stop dropping if so. Just restart.

Caerith

Keep dreaming. They can't even release a proper graphics update on the "graphicly updated" android / IOS version of VI.
Do new typos count as a graphical update?

I haven't liked the combat in any FF. FFXII was at least visually interesting though.

FFXI and FFXIV are MMOs so I don't care much. If the story sucks I can still get lots of fun by just power leveling.

Oh and I'd buy all of them -eventually- on Steam. Just to have.
FFXIII was the only offline FF that had engaging combat. FF1 through FFX were facerolly, and FFXII had you set up gambits before you could faceroll, but FFXIII actually required you to be awake.

FFXIV doesn't really have powerleveling, you just grind fetch quests.

I won't buy them on Steam if they don't at least update something to earn it. No sense rewarding bad behavior.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-C56360DAE932D6E7 - Taken by AsylumX
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-EA0EEDCE4DC56529 - Taken by Ingueferroque

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks Super Inframan for this cursed game. I'm sure it will remind me of childhood PC games.

Turfster

Lol at the $1 tier of the paywuw bundle. Such shitty games...doubt they are even worth a buck...Of course Brothers is awesome and totally worth that price.
How can you hate on Marlow Briggs, the MANLIEST THIRD PERSON SLASHER OF ALL TIME?
(Seriously, it's really very good)

Garcia

I'm pretty sure I remember them getting 11/10 and 6 stars out of 5 reviews when they were released too. They really are that good.

You better hold on to your seat right now: I'll play Alpha Centauri for the very first time this weekend.

I'm adding Wing Commander to my short-term backlog of retro gems. Thanks a lot guys!

Parsnip

Looks like Giana Sisters is still up for grabs here. It's a pretty alright game, from what I played anyway. Boss battles were kind of a pain in the ass though.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Bionic Dues -- MB-E9E644A832ED5943 - Taken by HalfwayOrb

Khronico

I just checked both Wing Commander 1 & 2 on GOG and holy shit at the overwhelmingly positive reviews.

5 stars galore. Man, this recent retro-mood I've been into has certainly paid off.

I played through Wing Commander 1 earlier this month and it still holds up. They are all still absolutely amazing games. Just be prepared to put some time into reading the player guides and manuals to get accustomed to the controls.

Also is Descent 1 or 2 still worth playing?

I'm not liking the ratio of decent looking to laughably bad in the lastest Greenlight batch. This one looks pretty incredible though:
268x268.resizedimage

The man's expression really sells it.

That game is actually a pretty good grand strategy title from what I remember.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I can only make out 4 games in the latest greelight batch that were in bundles :(

I played through Wing Commander 1 earlier this month and it still holds up. They are all still absolutely amazing games. Just be prepared to put some time into reading the player guides and manuals to get accustomed to the controls.

Also is Descent 1 or 2 still worth playing?
I cant imagine how time would have made them not worth playing.

JakeD

99 Levels to Hell Steam keys are now up on desura (for bundlestars buyers at least)

if you owned it in both groupees and bundlestars, there doesn't seem to be a way to get 2 keys (unless you give the desura key to someone else, i have an extra if someone wants to try)

Arthea

Not turning this thread into FF talk, I must say, I'm pretty much in disagreement whit all fanbase and bigger part of earth's population. I actually think that all FF games are good, quality games, and I would rebuy them of steam if released properly, with some minimal improvements, achievements, cards and no dlc or seemingly f2p.
That being said, I would buy even FF12 and 13 trilogy, I personally don't like, just because they are still a good games, not by FF standards good, but as a games.
And FFs have awesome combat, I never could understand complains about it, any of them, well except may be FF12, it had great idea for combat on paper but was really boring to play.

edited: I also like most minigames in FF games, including Blitzball, can't even begin to understand what's to hate.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
99 Levels to Hell Steam keys are now up on desura (for bundlestars buyers at least)

if you owned it in both groupees and bundlestars, there doesn't seem to be a way to get 2 keys (unless you give the desura key to someone else, i have an extra if someone wants to try)

confirmed

Arthea

Thanks, got it
Now to remember in how many bundles I bought it!

Hinomura

Ok new Strider, I'm going to try you now... meanwhile...
ModBot said:
I am giving away 23 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-2F07C42B1967C0AA - Taken by OcarinaOfDoom. 12 entrants total.
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-D4ED3169CA90CB47 - Taken by StAidan. 16 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-04DDDD006695E42A - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 5 entrants total.
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-B930C76034A6A01C - Taken by Mordeccai. 35 entrants total.
Universe Sandbox -- MB-38CC25BB3FABA963 - Taken by Vlad. 15 entrants total.
3089 Futuristic Action RPG FPS -- MB-6E4EA05EE67533E1 - Taken by calyx. 12 entrants total.
Syberia -- MB-F39F610AD74A3D0A - Taken by tylergregg. 10 entrants total.
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-34776AD3B3255153 - Taken by Lain. 21 entrants total.
Zombie Shooter 2 -- MB-B078E73D4CBF7B91
Dust An Elysian Tail -- MB-E82972088A79DADF - Taken by jonno394. 6 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Raiden Legacy The Return (Desura) -- MB-5721381062632166 - Taken by GaussTek. 1 entrants total.
The Bridge -- MB-CBF2B6B4D9596AD5 - Taken by ShogunX. 21 entrants total.
Syberia II -- MB-D8B418FF961C138B - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 8 entrants total.
And Yet It Moves -- MB-BBED8E668D5A91BC
The Swapper -- MB-1BFB855B03324E00 - Taken by Deadbeat. 9 entrants total.
Hero Siege -- MB-D162145FC26F3FB9 - Taken by dot. 16 entrants total.
Alien Shooter -- MB-1FA0760CC3CA9EEE - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 2 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-A22964969D39D6B4 - Taken by Leg-End. 7 entrants total.
Dysfunctional Systems Learning to Manage Chaos -- MB-5E9D6989911DDE6B - Taken by nexen. 9 entrants total.
Zombie Shooter -- MB-56DEF480B82CBCCC - Taken by killatopak. 4 entrants total.
The Dream Machine -- MB-F4358C73051CCA19 - Taken by bobnowhere. 12 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Pathologic (Desura) -- MB-CCE66E4449E21B66 - Taken by D3RANG3D. 2 entrants total.
Guns of Icarus Online -- MB-ED8E549EE1A276CE - Taken by Madridista. 9 entrants total.

t1392856901z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom