• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

2 Days until Rambo is released. Any info on the price? I bet Stump will be curious about this one! Actually, I am too but no way I'll play it anytime early.

So apparently my issue with the Swapper only appearing on the right side of my screen is a Windows 8.1 thing. Seems that if youre having the same problem you'll need to select "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" under compatability options for the game. Hope that helps all 3 of us with windows 8.1 and a copy of the Swapper.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I haven't gotten any card drops for 2 hours. Anyone else with that problem?

Same problem here too. Also, game play time stopped calculating for me. I suspect that's why cards aren't dropping.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
2 Days until Rambo is released. Any info on the price? I bet Stump will be curious about this one! Actually, I am too but no way I'll play it anytime early.

GamersGate has it listed at $40/£30.

im seeing now that i only own millennium 1 and 4. hopefully they just release it as one game and give a key to the owners of any of the chapters. by the way, 4 is in the current indie royale (debut 10)

I don't see that happening, unfortunately: there are fives episodes all up and each are $10. With any luck, though, there'll be a loyalty discount for those who own one or more episodes, similar to Cognition before Phoenix canned it.

inm8num2

Man...it would be great if the various bundle sites sent email notifications whenever keys are added to a previously purchased game/bundle.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
lol I forgot, for steam gift links on modbot, you remove everything after (and including) the "?" correct?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm having the same issue, but with a different game.
edit: also Steam is saying "0.0 hours played, currently in game"

Yeah, looks like Steam is pretty screwed up at the moment, most people here and on Reddit reporting either no card drops or very few. Speculation is that it's more fallout from yesterday's "Free games" glitch.

I idled a game for 3 hours earlier today and only got a single card.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Marlow Briggs -- MB-561B98068EC44DF8 - Taken by Kifimbo
Rekoil -- MB-B72C7DB68D10B461 - Taken by JakeD
Takedown Red Sabre -- MB-AF71A7F7A6D82C8F - Taken by Scipius

Grief.exe

I want Final Fantasy XII on Steam.
I like that one enough to play it.

IX through XII are all considered very good, I would love to see all of them on the platform.

Would have no problems with the Kingdom Hearts series either, most of those games I just listed are currently getting the HD treatment over at Square as well.

Hanzou

Yeah, looks like Steam is pretty screwed up at the moment, most people here and on Reddit reporting either no card drops or very few. Speculation is that it's more fallout from yesterday's "Free games" glitch.

I idled a game for 3 hours earlier today and only got a single card.
Free games?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm new to the PC market but are EA games exclusive to Origin or can they be redeemed on Steam?

JaseC already gave the general information for EA owned properties, but keep in mind that EA also publishes third party games and may do contract titles in the future. So just because it is published by EA doesn't mean it isn't also a Steam title.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
theres also a new indieroyale, debut bundle 10, but im sure thts old news :(

Rhaknar

stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-4CC39800DB60BAEA - Taken by Zeeman. 3 entrants total.
Dysfunctional Systems: Learning to Manage Chaos -- MB-F7467703C03FF4AF - Taken by Diedac. 5 entrants total.
Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-357513DB09D3FE13 - Taken by Syphon Filter. 4 entrants total.
Hero Siege -- MB-9FE77C60961D69E1 - Taken by yogloo. 9 entrants total.

t1392841600z1.png

jshackles

Free games?

After the regularly scheduled maintenance yesterday, people were logging back in to Steam to find copies of Terraria, Half Life 2, Portal 1 and 2 mysteriously show up in their Steam inventories.

Valve has apparently been working hard to remove these free games from people's inventories and accounts.

nexen

IX through XII are all considered very good, I would love to see all of them on the platform.

Would have no problems with the Kingdom Hearts series either, most of those games I just listed are currently getting the HD treatment over at Square as well.

I just don't like (very many) JRPGs. The only FF I actually fully enjoyed was FFVII.
I actively disliked FFVIII and FFX.
Haven't played FFXIII, but really want to for some reason. Masochism?

FXII was kinda fun because it felt like Star Wars: The JRPG, at least for the dozen or so hours I managed to play it. I did want to kill the main character though. Brutally.

"Don't listen to Ondore's lies!"

Also haven't tried the MMOs, but as it is usually the story and characters that turn me off, I'd probably like them way better.

After the regularly scheduled maintenance yesterday, people were logging back in to Steam to find copies of Terraria, Half Life 2, Portal 1 and 2 mysteriously show up in their Steam inventories.

Valve has apparently been working hard to remove these free games from people's inventories and accounts.
They should have just let people keep the Valve ones. They have been basically giving them away for free for years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom