• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeD

I don't see that happening, unfortunately: there are fives episodes all up and each are $10. With any luck, though, there'll be a loyalty discount for those who own one or more episodes, similar to Cognition before Phoenix canned it.

meh, in my case that would mean "wait 2 months after release until the full set is in a bundle" i just hope my redemption of 1 and 4 doesn't affect it in any way. (like upgrading farming sim to the titanium edition, where previous owners get completely screwed)

thanks!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Tower of Guns keys are up on IGS

No keys for newly released 99 Levels To Hell yet.

The developer of 99 Levels To Hell said that they will be distributing keys exclusively through Desura. So if you have the game from another bundle it should have had a Desura key. Make sure to register the Desura key.

Caerith

After the regularly scheduled maintenance yesterday, people were logging back in to Steam to find copies of Terraria, Half Life 2, Portal 1 and 2 mysteriously show up in their Steam inventories.

Valve has apparently been working hard to remove these free games from people's inventories and accounts.
There are people on Steam who didn't already own those games?

I just don't like (very many) JRPGs. The only FF I actually fully enjoyed was FFVII.
I actively disliked FFVIII and FFX.
Haven't played FFXIII, but really want to for some reason. Masochism?

FXII was kinda fun because it felt like Star Wars: The JRPG, at least for the dozen or so hours I managed to play it. I did want to kill the main character though. Brutally.

"Don't listen to Ondore's lies!"

Also haven't tried the MMOs, but as it is usually the story and characters that turn me off, I'd probably like them way better.
FFXIII has really great combat, as does its sequel. I really wish that if they were going to release FF games on Steam that they'd be more than just ROM dumps. Clean up the graphics (like, with an optional toggle the way Monkey Island had), use the best available sound, etc. Give me a reason to want to buy rather than just play the copy I've owned for years.

Oh, and characters and story were pretty good in FFXI. Not sure if it's worth getting into now, as it's changed so much in the last few years. Characters and story are outright garbage in FFXIV.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Well, they were deposited as gifts in people's inventory (not their library). The glitch had to do with a round of customer loyalty coupons they were passing out, and every indication is that someone at Valve just fat-fingered it. Kind of a shame that they're tracking all of these down and removing them, as people obviously very quickly began trading them for other things.

With all of this talk about Final Fantasy, i'm imagining a FFVI remake with the FFXIII engine.

Keep dreaming. They can't even release a proper graphics update on the "graphicly updated" android / IOS version of VI.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
With all of this talk about Final Fantasy, i'm imagining a FFVI remake with the FFXIII engine.

I'd wager that FFVII will be the first game to be remade to such a degree. Squeenix isn't dumb -- it knows FF fans have been clamouring for it since the infamous E3 2006 tech demo. The problem is that Squeenix is completely useless at making HD games in a timely fashion and so it can't take on such a large-scale project without ballooning costs.

AkuMifune

Banned
They're making a Rambo game?

2128495-169_rambo_reveal_multi_ot_071013.jpg

I haven't laughed so hard at a trailer in a long time.

nexen

FFXIII has really great combat, as does its sequel. I really wish that if they were going to release FF games on Steam that they'd be more than just ROM dumps. Clean up the graphics (like, with an optional toggle the way Monkey Island had), use the best available sound, etc. Give me a reason to want to buy rather than just play the copy I've owned for years.

Oh, and characters and story were pretty good in FFXI. Not sure if it's worth getting into now, as it's changed so much in the last few years. Characters and story are outright garbage in FFXIV.
I haven't liked the combat in any FF. FFXII was at least visually interesting though.

FFXI and FFXIV are MMOs so I don't care much. If the story sucks I can still get lots of fun by just power leveling.

Oh and I'd buy all of them -eventually- on Steam. Just to have.

I'd wager that FFVII will be the first game to be remade to such a degree. Squeenix isn't dumb -- it knows FF fans have been clamouring for it since the infamous E3 2006 tech demo. The problem is that Squeenix is completely useless at making HD games in a timely fashion and so it can't take on such a large-scale project without ballooning costs.

They should outsource it.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Takedown Red Sabre has cards btw, automatically making it NOT the worst game on steam :p

Parsnip

Here's a little short raffle with couple extras I had. There's one key from gala and 4 gift links from humble, hope it all works right. :D Have fun.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-0F0919182C56A659 - Taken by DJSebolski. 3 entrants total.
Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams -- MB-C786471F6CACBB99 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 5 entrants total.
Guacamelee Gold Edition -- MB-7C480F21B41BDCFE - Taken by Firehead. 3 entrants total.
Antichamber -- MB-1D4C537202ECCEEB - Taken by Benedict. 7 entrants total.
Dysfunctional Systems Learning to Manage Chaos -- MB-210D04F0702B7174 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 4 entrants total.

t1392842501z1.png

jshackles

I'm such a huge fan of Final Fantasy and Steam that it'd pretty much buy anything in the series on the platform.

I'd even probably pay full price for a re-release of Chocobo Dungeon.

FloatOn

Take away 4 and 7, add 5 and 10, and we're in agreement.

4 and 7 are in there because of nostalgia. 5 I wasn't particularly impressed with. 10 had a great battle system but the story was god awful.

I think if 12 had 10's battle system it would be the perfect final fantasy game.

4 and 7 are in there because of nostalgia. 5 I wasn't particularly impressed with. 10 had a great battle system but the story was god awful.

I think if 12 had 10's battle system it would be the perfect final fantasy game.
I can just go back to 5 again and again because of the job system. Well, that and you eventually get a harem of a party, so that's pretty cool.

Though I don't particularly care about the stories in any of the games, but I can see that being a detractor if they don't click. The ones I like are mostly due to their systems and structure.

Well, they were deposited as gifts in people's inventory (not their library). The glitch had to do with a round of customer loyalty coupons they were passing out, and every indication is that someone at Valve just fat-fingered it. Kind of a shame that they're tracking all of these down and removing them, as people obviously very quickly began trading them for other things.

Keep dreaming. They can't even release a proper graphics update on the "graphicly updated" android / IOS version of VI.
But dreams are so cool D:

I know. It' just that imagining Kefka redone feels really good.

I'm trying to abstain from the Final Fantasy talk so we don't turn this thread into another one of the "these games are good, these games are not" debates.

That said, I agree with you that Final Fantasy X had about 1 redeeming quality not named Lulu... and that was the battle system and sphere grid. However, porting those to 12 does nothing to fix the problems I have with that game as well. :p

If they put them on Steam, I'd definitely buy 4, 9 and anything in the 13 series. I'd probably buy 1 and 6 too. After that, I'd consider 12 or 10, but we're starting to get a bit iffy there.

You forgot X.

Because Blitzball.

Blitzball is a very good reason to leave X off the list. Along with just about everything else in X.

Generally speaking, publishers only provide keys ahead of time when there's going to be a pre-load period.

It's just that it's my first order with them and I'm hoping they'll send it out as soon as possible, I don't think they have a history of sending keys out late. I hope this has pre-load.

Levyne

Banned
I would love, X-wing, tie fighter, and X-Wing Alliance. Some of my favorite star wars games.

Not sure I would buy any Final Fantasy game on steam except for new ones I haven't played.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Don't think I'll ever play this game, so here you go...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator -- MB-06D84DF62FCF189A - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 5 entrants total.

t1392843312z1.png

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thank The_Super_Inframan for this as I won it after winning another giveaway for the same game. Sorry about that.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Nightmares from the Deep The Cursed Heart -- MB-559B007610CE493F - Taken by Dice. 15 entrants total.

t1392843357z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom