• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabs

Fuck the indiegala tax :(

Thanks! I was just about to pick this up on IndieGameStand.

So I guess I won both Hero games today. I played about 45 minutes of Hero of the Kingdom, and it was kind of interesting. It's a super-casual point and click adventure game where you push the story forward by completing quests. It's really simple and easy, but I kind of need that right now. These next 2+ weeks are filled with so much new shit.

Garcia

Ok, Antichamber is a playable mindfuck. How the hell do you even program stuff like that.

Edit: Just took a break. It has its moments though.

BorntoPlay

Finally got this to spit out a code for Thief Gold https://www.thiefmodcompetition.com/#tab1

But the code wasn't valid.

i never get the code...:/

eov8.jpg

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
So I got a massive new hard drive and can install some new games. I heard Risen 1 is better than Risen 2, is this true? What makes it so? I also have Two Worlds, which seems similar but less piratey. Also is Sacred 2 any good? I don't even remember how I got this. I also don't know if Zeno Clash is worth it when I have Zeno Clash 2.

Seriously I have so many games it is disgusting/amazing. I still want to try for 500 (I'm not far off) then I'll be done.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So I got a massive new hard drive and can install some new games. I heard Risen 1 is better than Risen 2, is this true? What makes it so? I also have Two Worlds, which seems similar but less piratey. Also is Sacred 2 any good? I don't even remember how I got this. I also don't know if Zeno Clash is worth it when I have Zeno Clash 2.

Seriously I have so many games it is disgusting/amazing. I still want to try for 500 (I'm not far off) then I'll be done.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Sacred 2 is amazing if you like Path of Exile, Diablo or Torchlight.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Just found out that the 2 weeks off work I had coming up at the start of march (which would happily coincide with South Park) have to be delayed until end of march/ April... Son of a bitch! >_<

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sacred 2 is amazing if you like Path of Exile, Diablo or Torchlight.
What if I loved Titan Quest, never played Diablo
don't kill me
or Path of Exile but rocked Nox back in the day, and didn't really like Torchlight, but thought Dungeon Quest games were alright and can enjoy Gauntlet Legends?

don't kill me
or Path of Exile but rocked Nox back in the day, and didn't really like Torchlight, but thought Dungeon Quest games were alright and can enjoy Gauntlet Legends?

Then you'll think it's the best game you've played since Nox. ( which I bought a few days ago from gog ;)

Have a look in Steamuserdata[account id]235210. I haven't finished downloading it yet so I'm just taking a stab in the dark and assuming you've already poked around in My Documents.
steam client should have some sort of folder where it keeps all loal saves would be cool.kind of how screenshots have one,could be possible right?

Dec

Then you'll think it's the best game you've played since Nox. ( which I bought a few days ago from gog ;)

You speak highly of Sacred 2! I've always been interested, but I stumbled upon a command that zooms the camera way out the other day and I think that will make it a lot more enjoyable for the next time I try it.

BTW Blink bundle 2 starts in about 11 hours.

http://www.blinkbundle.com/

Someone posted it earlier but according to the detectives at reddit the games are likely to be Kairo, Little Street Racers, King Arthur's Gold, Iesabel, Vox and 3 other unidentified ones.

Edit: Looks like "Legends of Aethereus" is the "O" as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
BTW Blink bundle 2 starts in about 11 hours.

http://www.blinkbundle.com/

Someone posted it earlier but according to the detectives at reddit the games are likely to be Kairo, Little Street Racers, King Arthur's Gold, Iesabel, Vox and 3 other unidentified ones.

I don't have more than I do have, and that is a-ok with me

Kaleinc

Banned
don't kill me

Then you are just like me and won't like Sacred 2.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Because why not:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thief Gold -- MB-AF57DD765057A938 - Taken by doctorcdcs

Chronoja

GameSave Manager + Dropbox is about as close as you're going to get.

I back most of my game saves up on Mega as well, those 50 free gb help more than dropbox when dealing with those games where, even compressed, the saves are massive. Games like Supreme Commander 2 for example. Even though I've boosted my free dropbox storage to around ~7 gig I'd rather use it for other things.

Uraizen

Banned
Welp, I said I would give my two cents on Strider, so here it goes. First let me preface this by saying that I am not a fan of the metroidvania style. Not just in this game, but in general. It usually consists of a decent amount of backtracking through areas you've been to and I feel no urge to explore the world. That is just my own personal feelings on the metroidvania style.

As for Strider, the game itself is quite good. There wasn't much enemy variety other than recolored versions of enemies your fought before. Often these different colored enemies would have the same type of projectile, but with different properties. So it can get a little tedious at times, but it will still keep you entertained with the varied encounters themselves.

Bosses are pretty good, they're not just tanks who sit there and let you go nuts. Some of them were a little on the weak side, but I did enjoy a few of them quite a bit. They weren't hard, but they did allow you to get creative at times on one or two of them.

What little collectibles I did get usually consisted of artwork or intel. All the more reason not to explore! There were a few times where I would run into a non-skill upgrade, but it was very rare. By the end of it I had less than half of my max life. So don't expect the game to just hand you those types of upgrades.

The game was fun and worth the $15. I would mildly recommend it, but I won't sing praises about it. I wouldn't suggest it unless specifically asked about the game.

... Oh yeah, it's short if you don't explore.

P.S. At the time of this post, the fullscreen option when set to your monitor's native resolution is broken.

PriitV

For the lazy people
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thief Golf -- MB-865BEA3575FA53EA - Taken by Darth Kupi

Tizoc

Anyone know how to remap the controls in Strider?
I'm playing on keyboard and the key assignment/mapping is lame.

Tizoc

EDIT:

OK found it!
Its the file name binds_pc.cfg
here are the current control settings in the file and what they are in-game:
addbind 0 COMMAND_FORWARD KEYBOARD 0 KEY_UP 0.0 1.0 1.0
addbind 0 COMMAND_BACKWARD KEYBOARD 0 KEY_DOWN 0.0 1.0 -1.0
addbind 0 COMMAND_LEFT KEYBOARD 0 KEY_LEFT 0.0 1.0 -1.0
addbind 0 COMMAND_RIGHT KEYBOARD 0 KEY_RIGHT 0.0 1.0 1.0
#addbind 0 COMMAND_CAMERA_X MOUSE 0 AXIS_X -1.0 1.0 .15
#addbind 0 COMMAND_CAMERA_Y MOUSE 0 AXIS_Y -1.0 1.0 .15
addbind 0 COMMAND_PUNCH KEYBOARD 0 KEY_S -1.0 1.0 1.0
addbind 0 COMMAND_KICK KEYBOARD 0 KEY_D -1.0 1.0 1.0
addbind 0 COMMAND_JUMP KEYBOARD 0 KEY_SPACE -1.0 1.0 1.0
addbind 0 COMMAND_USE KEYBOARD 0 KEY_A -1.0 1.0 1.0
addbind 0 COMMAND_STALK KEYBOARD 0 KEY_LCONTROL -1.0 1.0 1.0
addbind 0 COMMAND_BLOCK KEYBOARD 0 KEY_LSHIFT -1.0 1.0 1.0
addbind 0 COMMAND_RELOAD KEYBOARD 0 KEY_R -1.0 1.0 1.0
addbind 0 COMMAND_INVENTORY KEYBOARD 0 KEY_RCONTROL -1.0 1.0 1.0

ibdyl5UvBmGhbR.jpg

Now to switch things around...

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Thief Golf would be amazing. Sneaking around what is essentially a life sized Mini-Golf course (e.g. Windmill being an actual windmill) and you have to get past guards to hit a ball into the a hole would just be amazing.

Yes that's how I imagine it, full sized mini-golf layouts for the stages. Worms Golf has that normal, boring, golf taken care of.

Sajjaja

Thief Golf would be amazing. Sneaking around what is essentially a life sized Mini-Golf course (e.g. Windmill being an actual windmill) and you have to get past guards to hit a ball into the a hole would just be amazing.

Yes that's how I imagine it, full sized mini-golf layouts for the stages. Worms Golf has that normal, boring, golf taken care of.

And you can knock out guards by hitting the ball on their heads :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom