• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

don't get all creepy on me now, guys, OK?
Anybody will play that learning game? I probably will, if it'll ever get released.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GamersGate finally fixed its Daily Deal: 75% off Europa Universalis 4 ($10).

V7VHERE.gif

tumblr_lw3qvn8slt1qkyjba3n.gif

Edit: Ace Combat just got Steam Cloud support. I assume the GFWL-removing patch is imminent.

Eanan

Ill never get one of those elusive free thief gold keys :(

Wont seem to work for me on that page, when I click submit it just reloads the page like it was doing a few days ago. Im guessing the site is getting hammered by hoarders?

EDIT: A kind steamgifter helped me out.

Nillansan

The Swapper is wrinkling by brain!

I'm usually not very good at puzzlers.

You should take a break from it, play something else and then return to it. I managed to finish the game without using any hints, I just had to step away from it when I occasionally got stuck.

The Swapper is wrinkling by brain!

I'm usually not very good at puzzlers.

I can't wait to play this (especially now it has controller support!) but I'm going to have to try and resist looking up a walkthrough for as long as possible.

Even with games like Penumbra/Silent Hill, once I venture into FAQs I find it hard to get stuck without rushing for them again.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, if a Pokemon Red MMORPG ever comes to Steam, you can consider me dead. Literally. I'd never leave home again.

Arthea

I'll just post it here, because cards!

It's coming, it's really coming and probably pretty soon.
Also holy smoke at 31 cards!

Guys, if a Pokemon Red MMORPG ever comes to Steam, you can consider me dead. Literally. I'd never leave home again.

Then we should wish it never comes to steam. It's no easy thing you are asking from us ;)

I've become extremely proficient in freezing and starving people in Banished, I've almost got it down to a science. Play for 30 minutes, winter comes along and all hell breaks loose.

Darkroronoa

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Giana sisters -- MB-906FDC9CC9DE9818 - Taken by neoanarch. 1 entrants total.
Rush Bros -- MB-8C1D7417F0DC2222 - Taken by dave is ok. 2 entrants total.
To the moon -- MB-3CD4C3F6D2B1209E - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 3 entrants total.

t1392898618z1.png

Good luck

Was wondering why the heck Starbound was struggling to get above 30fps on my laptop - then I launched it in OpenGL and boom, 60fps it is.

Seems to be a bug? There's no way my laptop should get poor performance on a game like that.

Arthea

Which game is it?

Second most anticipated RPG (after Witcher 3) - The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky, it's in that twitter too, only we all call it just Trails.

some of you lot seem to think that sexy beach is coming (><)
You'll be disappointed!

JakeD

i will spend $20 on 4 different $5 dollar bundles like it's nothing, even though i'll never play any of the 20 games, but i'll let a game i actually want to play like Broken Age sit in my cart at $18 because it's "too expensive"

Seanspeed

Banned
i will spend $20 on 4 different $5 dollar bundles like it's nothing, even though i'll never play any of the 20 games, but i'll let a game i actually want to play like Broken Age sit in my cart at $18 because it's "too expensive"
Aint that the truth.

Deques

It will be in a cheap bundle later. Spend your time with those 20 games first. When you have finished them all you will see Broken Age in a bundle with four other games

JaseC

Squeenix is the gift that keeps on giving. This:

32125 Thief said:
3 days ago Added onlyallowrunincountries &#8211; RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD TJ TM UZ UA IN
32131 Thief: Master Thief Edition said:
3 days ago Added onlyallowrunincountries &#8211; RU AM AZ BY GE KZ KG MD RU TJ TM UZ UA IN

Now has a cherry on top:

32125 Thief said:
15 minutes ago Added AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting &#8211; false
32131 Thief: Master Thief Edition said:
15 minutes ago Added AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting &#8211; false

Edit: My bad: it looks like the flag was applied to a ton of subs at the same time (more or less):

- The Banner Saga
- Hegemony Rome: The Rise of Caesar
- Payday 2
- Divinity: Original Sin
- South Park
- Thief
- Banished
- Rust
- Hawken
- 7 Days to Die

Divius

You should take a break from it, play something else and then return to it. I managed to finish the game without using any hints, I just had to step away from it when I occasionally got stuck.

I can't wait to play this (especially now it has controller support!) but I'm going to have to try and resist looking up a walkthrough for as long as possible.

Even with games like Penumbra/Silent Hill, once I venture into FAQs I find it hard to get stuck without rushing for them again.

The game has made me feel dumb quite a few times already. Took me like 30 min to figure out just one puzzle lol
:(
I've not used any walkthroughs or anything. Luckily sometimes you can move to a different puzzle to take your mind of that other one, only to return, solve it, and let out a big DUH.

I love the atmosphere and the puzzle system is great. It somewhat reminds me of Braid.

JaseC

I'll reiterate that you can circumvent the restriction by having the gift e-mailed to you and then using a VPN to activate it.

I'll also reiterate that doing so is playing with fire since it technically falls under using a VPN to skirt intended pricing.

Deques

Joystiq said:
Strike Suit series creator Born Ready Games announced today that Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut is due to hit the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in March.

The Director's Cut release boasts updated graphics and a restructured campaign, and includes all previously-released DLC.

Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut will arrive digitally next month via the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live. A PC release for Director's Cut will follow in the months after its console debut.

Do I smell a separate entry in the library? JaseC, what's your prediction :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom