• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

Welcome, it's an incredible time to be a PC gamer. My girlfriend and sister both have crappy laptops but have loved discovering indie titles that happily run on fairly outdated hardware.
What I'm most impressed about is, that my desktop from 2008 can run games like Sleeping Dogs, Borderlands 2 and Saints Row IV on medium and high settings. =/

MaLDo

I found a Thief key for 18€ in "one of those key sellers sites" with "worldwide" tag and "EN/DE/FR/IT/ES/PL/RU/CZ" as languages list.

Isn't RU language a bit suspicious there?

jmizzal

I got this email from steam what does it mean? Did somebody try to get into my account?

"Dear Steam User,

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this CD-key.
Steam account name: jmizzal
You can use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you can't remember your password, click on the "Retrieve lost account" button on the Steam login screen.
The Steam Support Team"

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I got this email from steam what does it mean? Did somebody try to get into my account?

"Dear Steam User,

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this CD-key.
You can use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you can't remember your password, click on the "Retrieve lost account" button on the Steam login screen.
The Steam Support Team"

It just means that someone tried to use a CD key that's tied to your account to retrieve your account name.

Happens all the time if you take keys that are publicly available on forums and whatnot.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

"Dear Steam User,

The Steam Support Team"

Someone tried to activate a CD key you've used yourself. You can ignore it... unless you feel that your e-mail account isn't secure. ;)

I found a Thief key for 18€ in "one of those key sellers sites" with "worldwide" tag and "EN/DE/FR/IT/ES/PL/RU/CZ" as languages list.

Isn't RU language a bit suspicious there?

No:

Tellaerin

Someone tried to activate a CD key you've used yourself. You can ignore it... unless you feel that your e-mail account isn't secure. ;)

No:

Your avatar's freaking me out, JaseC. That hairband (?) looks like an octopus tentacle wrapped around Saoirse's head, with the spots (?) being suckers. o_O

Welp, I said I would give my two cents on Strider, so here it goes. First let me preface this by saying that I am not a fan of the metroidvania style. Not just in this game, but in general. It usually consists of a decent amount of backtracking through areas you've been to and I feel no urge to explore the world. That is just my own personal feelings on the metroidvania style.

As for Strider, the game itself is quite good. There wasn't much enemy variety other than recolored versions of enemies your fought before. Often these different colored enemies would have the same type of projectile, but with different properties. So it can get a little tedious at times, but it will still keep you entertained with the varied encounters themselves.

Bosses are pretty good, they're not just tanks who sit there and let you go nuts. Some of them were a little on the weak side, but I did enjoy a few of them quite a bit. They weren't hard, but they did allow you to get creative at times on one or two of them.

What little collectibles I did get usually consisted of artwork or intel. All the more reason not to explore! There were a few times where I would run into a non-skill upgrade, but it was very rare. By the end of it I had less than half of my max life. So don't expect the game to just hand you those types of upgrades.

The game was fun and worth the $15. I would mildly recommend it, but I won't sing praises about it. I wouldn't suggest it unless specifically asked about the game.

... Oh yeah, it's short if you don't explore.

P.S. At the time of this post, the fullscreen option when set to your monitor's native resolution is broken.

I'm surprised you thought it was solid.
I'm currently working on finishing it, but I don't like it very much at all. It's not bad enough to warrant stopping playing, but at this point I'm very saddened by the "revival" and regret spending $11 on it.

I'm flying through hard, combat is more of a nuisance than a joy, which is a shame, because I see *some* potential with the use of the charged strikes being required to open up some enemies.... but for the most part, it's "mash attack while running in a direction". The bosses so far don't really require any sort of skill to beat with the only two giving me any sort of challenge being Ouroboros and Solo; Ouroboros was a consequence of having no abilities and little health on hard mode and Solo was more of a factor of getting bored that it took so long to chip away at his health and getting reckless.

I just got the kunai unlocked (which has been annoying me because you can clearly see Hiryu carrying them prior to being able to use them).

I'm just really not thrilled by what they've done to one of my favorite franchises.

Ahem.
v5uq9cM.jpg

With the amount of indie games being released vastly outnumbering the traditional highbudget games, I'd say this counts as a big sale.

Hmmm, hope there's some good deals in there...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just thought I'd mention here too, Walking Dead Season 2 - Ep 2 will be released early March, with a trailer next week.

I'm still trying to hold out until all the episodes are released... not sure I'll be able to make it.

Just thought I'd mention here too, Walking Dead Season 2 - Ep 2 will be released early March, with a trailer next week.

Wait so Walking Dead 2 has the same release schedule as Wolf Among Us (aka whenever they feel like it)?

What a bummer. I was looking forward to playing it sooner.

The_Monk

Can't wait! Clementine!

Shame that when I played the Season 1 it was on another PC so I had to start on this one without my decisions, oh well.

jshackles

I said the same thing about Kentucky Route Zero; it's been surprisingly easy.

I've started reading The Walking Dead comic books recently after getting both the first and second compendium from Amazon for $25 each.

So I probably have enough Walking Dead to keep me held over until Season 2 is finished.

r3n4ud

Never played that one myself, so I'm not going to comment on it.

As for why Dino D-Day is bad: it's a multiplayer only 'shooter' nobody plays with horrible mechanics and unbalanced gameplay.

Sorry if I missed it earlier Turfster, but did you get Prey working yet? Just curious...

Arthea

I need only Dark Sector and that Pinball game from this one, as both don't have cards, I'll skip this one, I mean I don't have 2 games, but still skipping, power of will!
let's see how long it'll last (><)

Turfster

That really is strange man. Has anyone else besides me here been able to get it going, and in the client beta?
People seem to have.
I hadn't done anything with that system besides turning it off after playing Prey and booting it again before trying to continue. I'm stumped... and I've got way too much real work to do to futz around with process explorers and hooks.

Dino D-Day wasn't part of that.

Santa's little helper achievement.
I will never forget it, because people still hate me for making them play the game with me =p

Grief.exe

I wonder if Climax Studios created a new registry app once we had discovered their development of Sudeki on the Registry.

Doesn't seem to have been updated regularly.

r3n4ud

People seem to have.
I hadn't done anything with that system besides turning it off after playing Prey and booting it again before trying to continue. I'm stumped... and I've got way too much real work to do to futz around with process explorers and hooks.

Definitely a head-scratcher. Hope you get it going again.

Grief.exe

Oh please oh please oh please.

Now that they've switched from browser launching to a standalone client there shouldn't be any awkwardness in just plopping it to Steam.

Would make perfect sense from a business perspective as well.

Why wouldn't you want your F2P game on the client with the most users?

Jawmuncher

Since were talking Dino D-Day if you all want a FPS shooter with Dinosaurs on Steam Primal Carnage is where it's at. That game is so good and it still has an active community and frequent updates.

I swear steam GAF if that game ever hits a bundle you all have to play it with me.

_hekk05

Banned
Since were talking Dino D-Day if you all want a FPS shooter with Dinosaurs on Steam Primal Carnage is where it's at. That game is so good and it still has an active community and frequent updates.

I swear steam GAF if that game ever hits a bundle you all have to play it with me.

We're all just waiting for interstellar marines to give us landsharks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom