• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

Steam
Daily Worms Clan Wars 75% off
Weekend
  • Call of Duty Ghosts 50% off Free Weekend
  • ARMA III 40% off
  • UBISOFT WEEKEND: Today: Might & Magic Franchise 75% off

Blink Bundle 2
TIER 1: 2$
  • Blue Toad Murder Files
  • Vox
  • Mutant Storm Reloaded
  • ?
TIER 2: 5$
  • King Arthur's Gold
  • Legends of Aethereus
  • Iesabel
  • kairo
  • LIttle Racer STREET
  • ?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh shit blink bundle 2 has legend of aetherus :O

Jawmuncher

lol Orion: Dino Horde - Free Week February 2014

Not worth it that game is crap to.
It's about 1% better than Dino D-Day.

Man has Primal Carnage had a free weekend yet?
More people need to play it.

I'm just a broken record when it comes to that game.

Jawmuncher

lol Orion: Dino Horde - Free Week February 2014

Thank Goodness you took the time to look that up for me. I tried and steam was not having it out here so I gave up on the search and just went with it.

Looks like Project Snowblind is on Steam after all:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/7010/

No sign of Pariah, though.

Edit: Beaten senseless by JaseC. >_<

Guess I need to add this to my wishlisht then. Have always been curious about playing it ever since my friend had a copy that sat on his shelf unopened.

Relax.MX

...I just dont want more games...im only play Dota 2 :(

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are NOT junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-CA9EDF083736FE4A - Taken by Darth Kupi
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-CF4D3262ABD09904 - Taken by EdmondD

Ubisoft weekend. Up to %75 where %75 is for Might and Magic titles and Anno 2070.
I assume they'll select another group for %75 tomorrow.
So wait for the dailies.
iQUuqIEuipOTf.gif

Turfster

Only thing from the blink bundle that interests me, is Iesabel, and then only to see just how bad it is. Not so badly that I'd pay 5$ for it, tho.
I can finally replace my lost MIGHTY BOOT console copy tho. Thanks, Ubi!

Blink Bundle 2
TIER 1: 2$
  • Blue Toad Murder Files
  • Vox
  • Mutant Storm Reloaded
  • ?
TIER 2: 5$
  • King Arthur's Gold
  • Legends of Aethereus
  • Iesabel
  • kairo
  • LIttle Racer STREET
  • ?

Blink Bundle has some nice games. I wonder what those Mystery Games are.

Only thing from the blink bundle that interests me, is Iesabel, and then only to see just how bad it is. Not so badly that I'd pay 5$ for it, tho.
I can finally replace my lost MIGHTY BOOT console copy tho. Thanks, Ubi!

If you havent... you should check out King Arthur's Gold.

Grief.exe

okayfrog

Banned
I notice for Ghosts it doesn't say "Free Multiplayer Weekend", just "Free Weekend". Does that mean that single player is also free this weekend?

Grief.exe

Project Snowblind is just not a good game on modern day PCs.

Apparently it likely won't run on Windows 7 or 8 and it only runs in 4:3 resolutions and stretches the image.

Baseline (Widescreen) Solution & Issues
For now i can't run this game on Windows 8 64bit. I get (0xc000007b) error. The same installation works on XP sp3 32bit.
Anyway, this game has a launcher, and only from this launcher you can choose your desired resolution.
You can only choose standard 4:3 resolution:
640x480, 800x600, 1024x768, 1152x864, 1280x960, 1600x1200.
You can also choose refresh rate, texture filtering methods, VSync...

For some reason this launcher starts only once - the first time you start the game. If you want it to run again you can, for example, delete the entry from registry. Here is the path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Crystal Dynamics\Project: Snowblind or you could change Fullscreen REG_DWORD from 1 to 0. This doesn't do anything but forces the game to start the launcher.

The workaround to play this game at custom resolution is to copy d3d9 .dll and .cfg from Kegetys' DX9res v1.0 http://www.kegetys.fi/dl.php/dx9res10.zip to the game folder and change the resolution in the cfg file.
Keep in mind this will change only the resolution, the image (in other words: everything) will be stretched if you will set something other than 4:3.
If you have GeForce card and you love playing at proper AR, and you have 1680x1050 res display, and you want to play in 1:1 pixel mapping, you could probably create custom resolution in nvidia drivers 1400x1050, and set this res in the kegetys cfg file.

Tizoc

I have mad riders on PS3 and it looks good on that...
Should I get it on PC as well...hmmmm.

ATM I'm eyeing:
Rayman Legends
The new M&M game
Mad Riders

I wonder who owns the rights to this game?

Pariah_%28video_game_box_art%29.jpg

Digital Extremes, developer of Warframe, developed the game originally. Released in 2005 with an Xbox and PC version.

Man, that game was so bad. Never even managed to finish it. And I paid full price for it on Xbox back in the day. :'(

Turfster

My friend good old Turfster, tell us about this Story! :p

It was a mystery game quiz show thing on GAF during... last winter seal or summer seal.
The condition was that you had to actually accept everything you won.
I chose one of the mystery boxes. I chose poorly ;)

Benedict

Quick Question:
If I have one of my Steam-libraries on an external USB3 HDD, can I use that on two computers?
Or do every computer need to have a separate Steam-library?

Would be simple and easy when traveling to just grab the HDD and connect it to my laptop.

nexen

What is with all this Pariah bashing?
I don't remember it being that bad.

I really, really, really want a Steam copy. One of my retail PC disc actually cracked and broke.

Jawmuncher

Project Snowblind is just not a good game on modern day PCs.

Apparently it likely won't run on Windows 7 or 8 and it only runs in 4:3 resolutions and stretches the image.

Well screw that game then.
Even tron 2.0 works on my windows 8 laptop....even though I don't really like that game.

The_Monk

It was a mystery game quiz show thing on GAF during... last winter seal or summer seal.
The condition was that you had to actually accept everything you won.
I chose one of the mystery boxes. I chose poorly ;)

Hehe, I was just joking a bit. :)

Hope we can a decent new bundle in less than a hour!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom