• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since were talking Dino D-Day if you all want a FPS shooter with Dinosaurs on Steam Primal Carnage is where it's at. That game is so good and it still has an active community and frequent updates.

I swear steam GAF if that game ever hits a bundle you all have to play it with me.

Shit, i totally confused the two and bought the bundle.

Oh well, I spared no expense!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
blink bundle 2 in 30mins, humble weekly in 1 and half hour correct?

too many bundles! :(

Any reason why SAM has no entry for Antichamber?
Sometimes it's weird like that. Just add the appID and idle it that way. In this case it's 219890.

It isn't due to a lack of achievements. I have some games listed with none, and some that aren't listed that actually do have achievements.

Grief.exe

I wonder who owns the rights to this game?

Pariah_%28video_game_box_art%29.jpg

Digital Extremes, developer of Warframe, developed the game originally. Released in 2005 with an Xbox and PC version.

I, for one, welcome these bundles. Between those and Steam sales, my (daily updated) wishlist which was once at 850 is now down to 450 after two years. Hopefully in two more years, it'll be under 50.

Digital Extremes, developer of Warframe, developed the game originally. Released in 2005 with an Xbox and PC version.
I always got this and Project Snowblind mixed up for some reason. Was this the good one or was it Snowblind? I remember being told one of them was less than okay.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I, for one, welcome these bundles. Between those and Steam sales, my (daily updated) wishlist which was once at 850 is now down to 450 after two years. Hopefully in two more years, it'll be under 50.

my wishlist keeps growing. then again I toss every game that gets added to steam in there, or like 90% of them anyway

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

I remember playing the demo back in the day and laughing at how bad it played. Unreal II was shit as well. Digital Extremes didn't make a game I truly enjoyed until The Darkness II.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Digital Extremes is listed as the owner in the USPTO database:

Owner (REGISTRANT) Digital Extremes, a division of 1058822 Ontario Ltd. CORPORATION CANADA Suite 300 266 King Street West Toronto, Ontario CANADA M5V 1H8

(LAST LISTED OWNER) DIGITAL EXTREMES LTD. CORPORATION CANADA 250 YORK STREET, SUITE 100 LONDON CANADA N6A6K2

Saty

Spares.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

SpaceChem -- MB-88B7E1C312884A7A - Taken by PandaPandaPanda
Space Pirates and Zombies -- MB-305DFA12AE4ECD31 - Taken by _hekk05

Grief.exe

I always got this and Project Snowblind mixed up for some reason. Was this the good one or was it Snowblind? I remember being told one of them was less than okay.

Both reviewed to be mediocre games from my quick looks into both games, with Snowblind reviewing slightly better. No reason we can't see both titles.

256px-Projectsnowblind.jpg

Has an Xbox and PC version as well.

Digital Extremes is listed as the owner in the USPTO database:

Owner (REGISTRANT) Digital Extremes, a division of 1058822 Ontario Ltd. CORPORATION CANADA Suite 300 266 King Street West Toronto, Ontario CANADA M5V 1H8

(LAST LISTED OWNER) DIGITAL EXTREMES LTD. CORPORATION CANADA 250 YORK STREET, SUITE 100 LONDON CANADA N6A6K2

Thanks for the info Jase, I will shoot Digital Extremes and email and see what they think.

I wonder who owns the Snowblind IP

Both reviewed to be mediocre games from my quick looks into both games, with Snowblind reviewing slightly better. No reason we can't see both titles.

256px-Projectsnowblind.jpg

Has an Xbox and PC version as well.
Back in high school, a buddy of mine started delving into lesser known Xbox games, and he played through both Snowblind and Pariah in a couple weeks. I remember that he liked Snowblind, but only liked the map editor in Pariah. (We both agreed that the FarCry Instincts editor was much better though)

From casually watching him play, both games looked super similar. :x I never actually played them myself.

/hazy anecdotes

C4rter

WW2 with Dinosaurs!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dino D-Day -- MB-E44CA07D955E8BF3 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 6 entrants total.

t1392919814z1.png

Jawmuncher

Seems to me like there's no reason that Pariah and Snowblind aren't on steam.
Especially snowblind considering how crazy Square has been with pumping out older eidos games on steam.

Seems to me like there's no reason that Pariah and Snowblind aren't on steam.
Especially snowblind considering how crazy Square has been with pumping out older eidos games on steam.
Considering how long some of the older Eidos games have been on Steam, I'm surprised it isn't on there already.

I'm a dummy. Hey, it even has a demo, that's neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom