• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, RPG Codex is one of the pull quotes in the official M&MX trailer.

What?

So... now we're going to be using forum quotes as pull quotes?

I... guess that makes sense?

Myshkin

Ticket to Ride -- MB-A52D6A1D57844C18 - Taken by Myshkin. 5 entrants total.
...I didn't realize that I'd amassed so many extra Humble Bundle keys, heh. Good luck! :3

Thank you for an impressive giveaway.

Managed to pass 1000 games with the latest Humble Weekly and there is no better way to celebrate than with a raffle with some games.
Keys should all be unused, but if they aren't I'm really sorry.

and thank you for your impressive giveaway.

drakaenae

Survivor Squad might be used, I'm pretty sure it isn't though
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Survivor Squad -- MB-47C8A6BF9ECF1E39 - Taken by bronson. 7 entrants total.
Zombie Shooter -- MB-42944197EE037E2F - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 2 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution Duality -- MB-D2E4D5AA49EEA1A3 - Taken by VikasNarula. 1 entrants total.
Zombie Shooter 2 -- MB-B9B74CE2CFFF3F60 - Taken by killatopak. 1 entrants total.
Trine -- MB-5FA5565C70330055 - Taken by Coldsun. 3 entrants total.
Hacker Evolution -- MB-04FDC8332B1AC6BD - Taken by cardinalmind. 4 entrants total.

t1392950910z1.png

derExperte

Is there anyone who doesn't have the Dead Island: Epidemic Alpha/beta yet? I've got 31 copies left. As they are steam gifts, first 3 1 to PM me their steam name or email associated with their account can have them.

Now off to buy some more bundles.

Thx, have you played the game? Recommended?

nexen

Yeah, I know how "keeping your resume on file" usually means the circular file. I've been sending them an updated resume about once every 2-3 months.

I hadn't thought of the IGDA. I'm not currently "working" the industry so I wasn't sure if I could join or not.

Yep. It might depend on the area, but I don't think so. I knew some people who would always go to the IGDA events in Toronto hoping to make industry contacts. Unfortunately Toronto had very little game development at the time.

Anyone else feeling bundle fatigue? All I seem to be doing is adding keys to Steam, not playing anything.

Who am I kidding? IT'S ALL ABOUT THE GAME COUNT. *tears*

Enjoy!

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 16 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Swapper -- MB-729726CE6EEA8A82 - Taken by Coldsun. 2 entrants total.
Reign: Conflict of Nations -- MB-B6B78C3F536EC57B - Taken by crazyrabbits. 4 entrants total.
Aerena -- MB-FFE64E4001BD83DA - Taken by BundysFeet. 2 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-4BA8A6B0C1CF1B72 - Taken by Gintoki. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous -- MB-F3BB0FB6609209AD - Taken by crazyrabbits. 1 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail: Santa's Rampage -- MB-6FC5495DA9B8A3D1 - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
Redshirt -- MB-793E39C6C828E014 - Taken by CosmicQueso. 3 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-0929D95142316F30 - Taken by adriano999. 2 entrants total.
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- MB-33D3D99C0DB1203C - Taken by Mleugie. 4 entrants total.
Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-CBFBC9BA765A9255 - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising -- MB-71CFE157CF5A073D - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-A192A14666E64AD0 - Taken by DJSebolski. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge -- MB-D0E60C13C2D4B650
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-09B016AF45BC4440 - Taken by Myshkin. 1 entrants total.
Shadows: Price For Our Sins Bonus Edition -- MB-D2B91926ED2064AA - Taken by The Dear Leader. 2 entrants total.
Shufflepuck Cantina -- MB-E40490E17D641BBF - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.

t1392941910z1.png

Thank you to ExMachina for Napoleon: Total War. I've winded down from my latest Civ craze so I'll be giving this a go over the weekend while I'm resting from Civ.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Yep. It might depend on the area, but I don't think so. I knew some people who would always go to the IGDA events in Toronto hoping to make industry contacts. Unfortunately Toronto had very little game development at the time.

Awesome. I'll check into it and see what is going on in the Seattle chapter. Thanks for the idea!

I swear only a few days ago I'd farmed all my cards. :(

hmNKkvb.jpg

It's been a few months since I farmed "all" of my cards, but I've been idling pretty steady for the last 4 days and...

0kCq61e.png

All these bundles - and a lot of these games have cards! At this point, I can't even idle the games as fast as I get them.

welcome, guys.

Awesome. I'll check into it and see what is going on in the Seattle chapter. Thanks for the idea!

It's been a few months since I farmed "all" of my cards, but I've been idling pretty steady for the last 4 days and...

0kCq61e.png

All these bundles - and a lot of these games have cards! At this point, I can't even idle the games as fast as I get them.

goddamn.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I hadn't thought of the IGDA. I'm not currently "working" the industry so I wasn't sure if I could join or not.

Technically I believe it's not accepted, but casually there are plenty of people not working in the video game industry who are a part of the IGDA. Both those who have never worked in it before but are somehow involved and those that have since left it. However even without anything on a CV/ résumé as employment, just what you've done with Enhanced Steam or any advice/aid given to those working on games in the past due to this board or elsewhere can be justification enough for a lot of people.

Beyond that there are several official SIGs, special interest groups, and plenty more unofficial ones, that are always looking for people to join and work with. At their core all art, computer coding, marketing, psychology, translation, and so forth can be applied so you can find acceptance there to help justify being a member if you try contacting them.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member

0kCq61e.png

How do you do the farming ? Via something like Steam Achievement Manager ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom