• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Complete Backlog Saturation

Anyways, The Swapper is pretty cool, but holy cow some of the puzzles are very hard. I've found 70 orbs and I'm stuck on 5 or 6 puzzles right now :(

derExperte

These CS:GO operations totally pay for themselves:

1. Buy the CS:GO Phoenix operation pass on day one.

2. Play a game or two, get an operation themed drop. Sell drop for double of what the operation pass was.

3. Profit.

And you keep getting drops until June? No wonder the player number of CS is rising and rising.

Grief.exe

Wow, what did I just find?

BhBbyY5CIAI2ghm.png:large

I've counting minutes ever since it was announced. I've waited to replay it since it came out on PS2, there's not enough banderas.gif in the world for this game.

When's dat OT by the way ?

I still have to make it! I will probably put it up about 24 hours before it releases.

Acccent

Couldn't this be the opportunity to change the title to a more inclusive one, for all of PC digital gaming? A rebirth of the Steam thread, if you will...

nexen

You people are crazy. The synchronized shooting and decent sneaking in GRFS was worth the $15 I paid for it.

I think I'll play it again just to spite you all.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
You can buy early access to a F2P game? That is remarkably scummy.

Every F2P game on Steam in early access requires a buy-in, going back to Dota2 which was beta before Early Access existed (you could get free keys without buying in, just not on the store page).

I really hate PayPal. I want to buy A Realm Reborn before the sale ends, since I had funds added to my account from an eBay sale. But the funds are not available and will not be available till the day after the sales end.

Arthea

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - To Play

Anyone got any thoughts on Skyborn?

I haven't played it yet, probably will start this weekend, but as I wrote before I heard mostly positive things about it from those who played, it's more or less old style RPG (JRPG), and a steampunk game.
What I can't understand, why valve tagged it as a casual game, that doesn't make sense.

Every F2P game on Steam in early access requires a buy-in, going back to Dota2 which was beta before Early Access existed (you could get free keys without buying in, just not on the store page).

Then they are all being scummy. That's taking the one marginally consumer friendly thing about the F2P model and getting rid of it.

Done to protect their servers from overloading while they test and polish up the game for a wider release.

Surely there is a better way to do that than to charge people for what will be a free product.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Then they are all being scummy. That's taking the one marginally consumer friendly thing about the F2P model and getting rid of it.

Since it is every game I have to wonder if it's a Valve requirement. "You can play in the F2P area or Early Access, not both" for reasons that defy logic because F2P games are often updated just as much once "beta" ends and they are accepting money in cash stores before then anyway.

Done to protect their servers from overloading while they test and polish up the game for a wider release.

This makes perfect sense if it is done by the developers but not as much if it's a Steam policy. You'd think somebody out there would throw caution to the wind and try to get as many people in their game as early as possible though.

kafiend

I haven't played it yet, probably will start this weekend, but as I wrote before I heard mostly positive things about it from those who played, it's more or less old style RPG (JRPG), and a steampunk game.
What I can't understand, why valve tagged it as a casual game, that doesn't make sense.

Heh, yeah I thought it was a bit weird. RPG and casual don't seem to fit in the same sentence under any circumstances.

This makes perfect sense if it is done by the developers but not as much if it's a Steam policy. You'd think somebody out there would throw caution to the wind and try to get as many people in their game as early as possible though.

Well, several of them do. GunZ 2 and 8BitMMO are free to play in early access. It is a mess though for GunZ 2, since server capacity is around 1,500 max concurrent players.

mileS

hows the performance in Blacklist?

i5-750
4g ram

I heard it was similar to AC3 and AC4 which kind of scares me performance wise.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You people are crazy. The synchronized shooting and decent sneaking in GRFS was worth the $15 I paid for it.

I think I'll play it again just to spite you all.
Yeah the missions in the second half get quite good, particularly if you have a co-op partner you are really nsync with.

Vazduh

7 mins left. go go go

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

sleepy dawgs -- MB-92F23065CEC69288 - Taken by Reg. 29 entrants total.

t1393014045z1.png

I really hate PayPal. I want to buy A Realm Reborn before the sale ends, since I had funds added to my account from an eBay sale. But the funds are not available and will not be available till the day after the sales end.

I really don't see any reason why Paypal shouldn't be directly connected to your credit/debit card. Adding funds is an unnecessary step at this day and age.

Surely there is a better way to do that than to charge people for what will be a free product.

Well, you don't have to buy it now. It's not finished. Also, you get special stuff.

I really don't see any reason why Paypal shouldn't be directly connected to your credit/debit card. Adding funds is an unnecessary step at this day and age.

I have it connected to my Credit Card and my account is verified, but they are withholding it since I do not sell that many items on eBay and the item that I sold was less than $250.

Acccent

wrt what I was saying earlier – maybe something like

DDP Announcements & Updates 2014 III - <insert custom title here> ??

DDP = digital distribution platforms

or simply

Desktop Digital Gaming

idk maybe we should coin a term for Steam, uPlay, Origin, etc. that excludes things like PSN/eShop/XBLA and tha App Store or Google Play and also makes it clear that it's not just pc gaming? (unless it is just pc gaming) (but then what about macs)
Am I the only one who feels the thread has kinda outgrown its fully-capitalized STEAM header?

Arthea

Heh, yeah I thought it was a bit weird. RPG and casual don't seem to fit in the same sentence under any circumstances.

even more, I'm fairly sure they are losing possible sales because of that.
Really, I wish they dropped casual word from genre descriptions altogether and used proper genres, VN, shooter, puzzle game and so one, instead of having everything fall into action category and casual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom