• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sober

That's not saying much tho.</Derrick>

But yeah, if you have an interest in Blacklist get it for half-off right now if you plan to play it now. It was the surprise of last year in that Ubisoft didn't completely fuck it up like they did Conviction. But the "stealth" needs a little more work in getting where it could be AMAZING.
Well considering it was actually balanced on the hardest difficulty which has no assists and I even played it without using cover-to-cover (i.e. essentially short distance sprinting without making sound) and it worked out fine, it did extremely well considering what normally happens to stealth franchise hit by the AAA stick.

I won't argue that it feels too easy if you don't purposely restrict yourself to not using too many gadgets/mark&execute/assists but the fact it fundamentally works without all the stuff they added onto it is fantastic.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - No Hentai Allowed
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Gifting locking crisis averted?
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Rambo edition
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Uplay is closing shortly
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - of no spring sale

I tried to stop, I tried

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Wait for the Bundle
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Baka Gaijin Edition
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Streaming at 15FPS to a computer near you

One week left till RE4 HD is released

tumblr_lo14svSSeV1qcikswo1_400.gif

Evrain

I tried 1 hr of Ghost and oh man..is the same thing... and the worst is that I knew, and I still disappoint..I feel robbed and that it was free(too much GB in my hard drive)

But i guess is good for another hour with a friend in the night...and then install COD4 camping and play it. :)
Tried it aswell and... oh dear.
- Lag. Lots of it
- FPS was shakier than a rollercoaster ride
- Maps felt ill-conceived, more suitable for Battlefield than CoD
- Horrible palette. For someone who, like me, has a less-than-excellnt eyesight, it's a pain to squint and try to find out if that thing in the distance is an enemy or a set piece

In the end, uninstalled and went back to Black Ops 2. Sensibly better.

I wish the NaissancE devs could have thought of a better way to utilize their incredible art direction than terrible first person platforming...

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

thx sir.

Gave me an extra copy too.

ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-A0672479A83AE3C6 - Taken by OldAsUrSock. 6 entrants total.

t1393009771z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It would seem the Hawken devs are going to stick with the AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting flag.

Eh, the multiplayer beta on PS3 wasn't that bad. It was janking to be sure, but I wouldn't say it was completely awful. Worth checking out for $5, at least. I can't say anything about the singleplayer.

The SP campaign is terri-bad, even if you try to play it like Call of Duty (because you won't play it like a Ghost Recon, the developers made sure of that).

Multiplayer is unfortunately infected with P2P and host-migration every 5 mins. It's borderline unplayable.

Seriously though, if you want the experience the peek of the series, play the original Ghost Recon (+ exp.), or Advanced Warfighter/2, if you can't handle the outdated graphics.

ahem.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/steel-battalion-heavy-armor

edit: wherein this user learns to copy+paste the correct link.

I ... honestly had a better time with Steel Battalion.

Myshkin

Wow, you guys are ripping through these threads, will be making III tonight, so yeah... choose a title for the next thread I guess:

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - ?

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Seals Are Getting Mangier - Almost Like Walrus
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Rainbow and Lollipop Foo Foo Tags Only

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Too Many Bundles!

It's that time again?

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - We play shovelware while waiting for the good games to be ported.

Shit, it's too long, isn't it?

nexen

The SP campaign is terri-bad, even if you try to play it like Call of Duty (because you won't play it like a Ghost Recon, the developers made sure of that).

Multiplayer is unfortunately infected with P2P and host-migration every 5 mins. It's borderline unplayable.

Seriously though, if you want the experience the peek of the series, play the original Ghost Recon (+ exp.), or Advanced Warfighter/2, if you can't handle the outdated graphics.

I ... honestly had a better time with Steel Battalion.
Does not compute.

GRFS is good. It just isn't good in the same way that GRAW was. GRAW was good too, but it wasn't good in the same way that the original Ghost Recon was.

The series isn't exactly known for maintaining its play style. I won't even mention Xbox GR2.

you are an evil person, yes you are
kinda tempted by my girlfriend is the president, I imagine it's Sega president, it has to be.
I blame steamgaf :(

Well it has Irina Vladimirovna Putina and Ouhama. You can think of it as an advance class of International Politics expressed by romantical and sexual relations.

Tenrius

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Attack on Titan
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Darker Souls
STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - My life as an Irish actress

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Didn't check the daily yesterday.

Did Blood Dragon go on sale for 75% off yet?

Yesterday was M&M and Anno 2070.

Edit: Here's my theory on the recent AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting hoopla:

My guess? Valve made a small list of the games that were being traded the most and slapped the restriction on them, thinking it was doing a good thing and testing the waters for a registry-wide rollout.

ArjanN

These CS:GO operations totally pay for themselves:

1. Buy the CS:GO Phoenix operation pass on day one.

2. Play a game or two, get an operation themed drop. Sell drop for double of what the operation pass was.

3. Profit.

A little bit less than a week! I can't wait!

The game actually unlocks right when I get out of class! Perfection.

I've counting minutes ever since it was announced. I've waited to replay it since it came out on PS2, there's not enough banderas.gif in the world for this game.

When's dat OT by the way ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom