• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know about the Steam Stats information that can tell you about players of the mostly top-played games, but is there a way to check out what a specific game's peak is for multiplayer?

Specifically, I used to love Chaos Theory back in the has it been that long are you kidding me that many years ago, and I wouldn't mind just picking it up for a few good nostalgic rounds. Can I see what the peak multiplayer count is for that game?

Grief.exe

I know about the Steam Stats information that can tell you about players of the mostly top-played games, but is there a way to check out what a specific game's peak is for multiplayer?

Specifically, I used to love Chaos Theory back in the has it been that long are you kidding me that many years ago, and I wouldn't mind just picking it up for a few good nostalgic rounds. Can I see what the peak multiplayer count is for that game?

http://steamcharts.com/app/13570

150 concurrent, pretty healthy actually.

topyy

use Enhanced Steam now.

Nabs

I just played 17 minutes of Day One: Garry's Incident and I don't know if I can go back. Everything about that game is bad.

Dec

MumboJumbo support actually gave me 3 games for free because they couldn't figure out why Angelica Weaver didn't work properly. Very good support.

Anteater

ToraShiro, Konami Rep, just told me that Kojima Productions is working on the patch for Metal Gear Rising, not Platinum Games.

That is very interesting for a variety of reasons.

I wonder why, maybe the porting team already moved on
to metal gear rising 2

I'm an idiot. I won Thief Gold earlier today (thanks again crazyrabbits) and just realized... I already have it.

So I'm giving it back to GAF.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Thief Gold -- MB-B99883CAE615041C - Taken by bornlivedie. 2 entrants total.

t1393040326z1.png

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I forgot how much I liked Dark Sector. Good to have it now on PC.

fixed to reflect my hopes and dreams.
The glaive is a lot of fun to just dork around with. I just pistol+glaive everything to death when possible.

I know the game is so underrated. The Gears of War comparisons were not fair because despite being 3rd person shooters they felt different enough. I would have liked to play the original game tho. That looked dope.

I forgot how much I liked Dark Sector. Good to have it now on PC.

I know the game is so underrated. The Gears of War comparisons were not fair because despite being 3rd person shooters they felt different enough. I would have liked to play the original game tho. That looked dope.
I went into it completely blind years after it came out and still enjoyed it (although I'm actually not a fan of Gears of War. The first one that is.)Don't quote me on this, but I saw someone earlier in the thread say that it's enjoyable while you're playing it, but you don't really miss it when you're not. I feel that sums the game up pretty well. Although now I want to reinstall and go slice things up though. The flaming glaive is just so cool.
Does the last mission in Metal Slug 3 take forever or does the last mission in Metal Slug 3 take forever? I got there with 10 continues feeling good about myself and then lost the last one during the last boss fight. Or second to last. Or third, who knows. Grrrrr.
The last two missions in MS3 blend together for me. I always spend most of them noting the increasing awesome curve and not so much what stage I'm on. But yeah the last one is probably the longest.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Seemed pretty sketchy to me but the keys they gave me worked.

Ah thanks, I was worried that it was another case wherein someone used stolen cards to purchase a bundle of keys. But if your games haven't been revoked, then they must be somewhat legitimate.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
how come there are no text adventure games on steam

and no visual novels are not text adventures

The market simply isn't there as there is on iOS and Kindle stores, because of course it's such a niche genre even compared to visual novels. I want some as well, but I'm not holding my breath. Especially with the fact most text adventures made now are of such low or directed userbase, paying Valve to use Steam is a losing proposition.

Now as someone said text adventure, I have an excuse to link to a thread supporting one of the best out there. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509242
A Metroidvania text adventure. Yes.
There is of course Cypher as well which could easily fit on Steam with the amount of presentation that went into on it's website alone. http://www.cabrerabrothers.com/

Tizoc

Does the last mission in Metal Slug 3 take forever or does the last mission in Metal Slug 3 take forever? I got there with 10 continues feeling good about myself and then lost the last one during the last boss fight. Or second to last. Or third, who knows. Grrrrr.

PS Ironclad Tactics got DLC. http://store.steampowered.com/app/267570/

Yup it's long, pretty long. But all the animation for that final stage is freakin' masterpiece.

The market simply isn't there as there is on iOS and Kindle stores, because of course it's such a niche genre even compared to visual novels. I want some as well, but I'm not holding my breath. Especially with the fact most text adventures made now are of such low or directed userbase, paying Valve to use Steam is a losing proposition.

Now as someone said text adventure, I have an excuse to link to a thread supporting one of the best out there. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=509242
A Metroidvania text adventure. Yes.
There is of course Cypher as well which could easily fit on Steam with the amount of presentation that went into on it's website alone. http://www.cabrerabrothers.com/

Oh my god yes. Thank you so much for this.

wave r-remover at t-shirts

fucking lol

FloatOn

I played some more fallout new vegas tonight. I'm in the strip now.

shit is so real guys. the conversation aspect of this game is so well thought out.

jmizzal

For who wants it

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Takedown: Red Sabre -- MB-206EEF3ADE337E95 - Taken by zeroOman. 3 entrants total.

t1393044286z1.png

ModBot said:
Wheee!

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Dust: An Elysian Tail -- MB-2D5579EAEA0E5E6C - Taken by FOX_. 3 entrants total.
Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-9B21F29F1E56571C - Taken by zychi. 5 entrants total.

t1393055896z1.png

Levyne

Banned
For me I just know I would end up sinking 2000 hours into it before I knew it, just got out of an MMO that was being detrimental to my health. I don't doubt that it is good, though. I see so many people enjoying it, many of which not typically into MMOs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I want to try but, man, monthly subscription scares me.

just think of it as a 15buck game that youll stop when you "finish" (aka get to the lvl cap and finish the story) like any other game.

hell youll probably get more out of those 15 bucks even if you dont resub that 99% of any other 15 buck game you can buy

EdmondD

I don't know how y'all are making all this money on the market buying/selling Phoenix cases. I make $.50 roughly when I'm even able to get one at all. Which is like every 5 minutes. Not really worth it.
Phoenix cases sell for 5 dollars either you're mistaking it with a different case or you're screwing yourself out of a decent amount of money.

fixed to reflect my hopes and dreams.
The glaive is a lot of fun to just dork around with. I just pistol+glaive everything to death when possible.
It's awesome that the glaive is in Warframe. Love cutting dudes down with it. Never played Dark Sector but I always wanted to.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Hey GAF. Trying to stay awake before my hockey game so setting up a couple of quick raffles...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I did some digging through the registry and it seems the only Settlers game that is no longer available at all is the original release of Paths to a Kingdom. If I'm feeling lucky one day I might try to wrangle a Steam key out of Ubi.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Rayman Origins Giveaway
A classic in my eyes. Worth every penny.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Rayman Origins -- MB-8C5965323E17135B - Taken by Gez. 21 entrants total.

t1393048606z1.png

oipic

Rayman Origins Giveaway
A classic in my eyes. Worth every penny.

Nice one, Dupy! I whole-heartedly agree - I played this for more than 50 hours, and loved every beautifully rendered moment. If you don't have this, folks, you need to enter! (quickly!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom