• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
My condolences :)

I have two Grey cats and one of them always casually strolls across the room and turns off my Xbox One, I think he's trying to tell me something.

Thanks! :)

I am hopeful that I shall turn grey or even white as I age but I'm 48 and there's no sign of it yet :(. Still, at least I have a full head of hair so I should be grateful for that at my age I guess.

Your cat has impeccable taste!

How did you teach him/her to say "XBox off" though?

Dec

damn dude youre gonna have to say more about that. is it a good singleplayer mmo like TOR or GW2?

There are a lot of cutscenes, story related single player dungeons with boss fights at the end, a fuck load of voice acting, some of it hit and miss. The only issue you may run into is certain classes have a tough time solo. Like the tank class and healer class to a lesser degree.

It is consistently updated, has events every couple weeks, including for holidays, and you can get very decent epics at level cap doing single player dailies in interesting areas that will set you up well if you decide to do PVP or dungeons.

Nothing to lose giving it a try unless you have an internet cap that is very restrictive (it has a GW1 system where it downloads files on demand for areas you've never been before, but can be fully predownloaded with an option in the launcher). The file size to get in and start playing should be extremely small unless the Steam version downloads the whole game.

Divius

:p

That's Lord Henry 'helping' with my internets!

vvvv :D
image.php

PET HIS BELLY
PET IT

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Interstellar Marines Steam -- MB-1132C053C76129C1 - Taken by Kuroyume
ulgzbKC.png
Cubicity Desura -- MB-EFB53AEB9C415859
Dynamite Jack Steam -- MB-001516BB81C6664D - Taken by RS4-
ulgzbKC.png
Millenium A New Hope Desura -- MB-F5401FA44C35BD5B - Taken by trailmix16
ulgzbKC.png
Laxius Force Desura -- MB-6092358A5BAF9149 - Taken by cardinalmind

Izcarielo

Banned
Hi guys.
Do any of you know if I can completely erase some steam games from my account?
And i dont mean deleting them from my HDD, i actually mean revoking their licenses and just making them dissapear from my account forever.
In the past I bought a lot of them in Humble Bundles and Steam sales and knowing that i wont play the majority of them i would like to get rid of them.
Is there any way i could do that? I wish Steam just let you the option to do that by yourself, but unfortunately they dont :/
Thanks

Sajjaja

Hi guys.
And i dont mean deleting them from my HDD, i actually mean revoking their licenses and just making them dissapear from my account forever.
In the past I bought a lot of them in Humble Bundles and Steam sales and knowing that i wont play the majority of them i would like to get rid of them.
Is there any way i could do that? I wish Steam just let you the option to do that by yourself, but unfortunately they dont :/
Thanks

Two things,
1. What games :eek:
2. Make a ticket with Steam Support.

Grief.exe

Hi guys.
Thanks

Yes, there is a way to remove subscriptions from your account.

I've never done it, but you message support and cite the games you wish to remove from your account. Let them know that you don't expect a refund and are fully aware that they will be permanently gone.

rookiejet

Seriously, guys, the best upgrade you can buy for a gaming rig is a decent chair. I'm loving this Staples branded Aeron knock-off.

Truthfact: comfy butt > Nvidia Titan (or whatever's the current graphics hotness)

Tellaerin

Hi guys.
Thanks

You might be able to get Steam support to do it for you, but why not just create a category for them and hide it? You never know what might actually turn out to be interesting down the line, and it'd be suck to hear about something in a bundle you bought that was actually good and/or intriguing, only to discover that you no longer own it because it got mass-deleted with a bunch of other stuff.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed the third key, thanks ExMachina!

Awesome, some good stuff included in that one (Jamestown and Bit.Trip.Runner are both a lot of fun, IMO). Enjoy. :D

This is very belated, but thank you for the uber-sized and very generous giveaway, ExMachina - I was lucky enough to win a little something, but have had two days of (awfully GAF-free) work-work-work, and only just noticed! Cheers. :)

You're very welcome! If only I had the discipline to cut out my GAF time for an entire 2 days, I can't imagine how productive I could be, haha.

wilflare

Yes, there is a way to remove subscriptions from your account.

I've never done it, but you message support and cite the games you wish to remove from your account. Let them know that you don't expect a refund and are fully aware that they will be permanently gone.

why would anyone want to do that :/

Hi guys.
Thanks

You could ask Steam support to remove the game, but they're unlikely to do it. Just categorize your games!

steam_by_intheflorsh-d76gv0f.png

Grief.exe

Seriously, guys, the best upgrade you can buy for a gaming rig is a decent chair. I'm loving this Staples branded Aeron knock-off.

Truthfact: comfy butt > Nvidia Titan (or whatever's the current graphics hotness)

No kidding! I just upgraded to an actual office chair today and its a night and day difference.

Not like I broke the bank either, feels like a pretty solid chair for $35.

s0496123_sc7

why would anyone want to do that :/

OCD, horrible game, or a purchasing mistake you just don't want to relive IE Battlefield 4, WarZ, Bioshock Infinite, etc.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hi guys.
Thanks

The only way this has ever been accomplished by anyone is opening a support ticket with Steam and requesting that the licenses be removed.

There is actually an oft-unused provision in the Steam Subscriber Agreement that allows for this.

MRORANGE

Hi guys.
Thanks

No.

You could try asking Steam Support, but most likely no.

No kidding! I just upgraded to an actual office chair today and its a night and day difference.

s0496123_sc7

OCD, horrible game, or a purchasing mistake you just don't want to relive IE Battlefield 4, WarZ, Bioshock Infinite, etc.

Where from? Link? My chair has seen better days and I need a new one.

Pachimari

s0496123_sc7

What is the name of this chair?

We talked about it last night.

The offer expired, I realized I didn't even think to post here.

Hahaha, yeah your right. I thought this sounded familiar. Insomnia is a bitch sometimes. I'll just keep a lookout for one, maybe amazon will have a decent deal in the future sometime.

Echoplx

No.

I've done it before, didn't have any issues. There's even a section of the SSA regarding this

10. TERM AND TERMINATION
B. Termination by You

You may cancel your Account at any time. You may cease use of a Subscription at any time or, if you choose, you may request that we terminate your access to a Subscription. However, Subscriptions are not transferable, and even if your access to a Subscription for a particular game or application is terminated, the original activation key will not be able to be registered to any other account, even if the Subscription was obtained in a retail store. Access to Subscriptions purchased as a part of a pack or bundle cannot be terminated individually, termination of access to one game within the bundle will result in termination of access to all games purchased in the pack. Your cancellation of an Account, or your cessation of use of any Subscription or request that access to a Subscription be terminated, will not entitle you to any refund, including of any Subscription fees. Valve reserves the right to collect fees, surcharges or costs incurred prior to the cancellation of your Account or termination of your access to a particular Subscription. In addition, you are responsible for any charges incurred to third-party vendors or content providers before your cancellation.

Grief.exe

No.

There is actually a clause in the ToS that stipulates the removal of licences from your accounts. You can leverage the clause to remove unwanted games, and potentially save your account.

What is the name of this chair?

From last night

Too bad you didn't ask the other day, I actually just ordered one from Staples that had a secret sale for $30. I have no idea why I didn't post it here.

http://www.staples.com/Staples-Turcotte-Luxura-High-Back-Managers-Chair-Brown/product_934102

Keep your eyes on slickdeals, companies try to clear out stock constantly it would seem.

Hahaha, yeah your right. I thought this sounded familiar. Insomnia is a bitch sometimes. I'll just keep a lookout for one, maybe amazon will have a decent deal in the future sometime.

I wish you luck, and, seriously, search slickdeals daily, I see chairs on deep discount contantly.

MRORANGE

I've done it before, didn't have any issues. There's even a section of the SSA regarding this

There is actually a clause in the ToS that stipulates the removal of licences from your accounts.
You can leverage it to remove unwanted games, and potentially save your account.

Ah okay, thats good, I must be still thinking about that gaffer who kept complaining about buying those $1 bundles and not being able to remove it from his steam account from last year.

Grief.exe

Ah okay, thats good, I must be still thinking about that gaffer who kept complaining about buying those $1 bundles and not being able to remove it from his steam account from last year.

Meltdown of epic proportions.

We actually found out about this method shortly after that whole altercation.

Izcarielo

Banned
Thanks for the answers guys.
I mostly played all of them to see what they were about, but I either didnt like them because they were fucking garbage or simply werent my kind of game (RTS for instance).
I also like to get as many achievements as I can and those games are diminishing my AVG completion rate on my profile stats.
For example back in the day I bought Deus EX :HR and then I upgraded it to the Director's cut edition for a couple of € thinking that the same icon was just going to get the "Directors Cut" name added.
What I currently have is:
-Deus Ex:HR
-Deus EX: HR Missing Link
-Deus EX:HR Director's Cut

that kind of redundancy drives my OCD mad xD

Thanks for the answers guys.
I mostly played all of them to see what they were about, but I either didnt like them because they were fucking garbage or simply werent my kind of game (RTS for instance).
I also like the get as many achievements as I can and those games are diminishing my AVG completion rate from my profile stats.
For example back in the day I bought Deus EX :HR and then I upgraded it to the Director's cut edition for a couple of € thinking that the same icon was just going to get the "Directors Cut" name added.
What I currently have is:
-Deus Ex:HR
-Deus EX: HR Missing Link
-Deus EX:HR Director's Cut

that kind of redundancy drives my OCD mad xD
I don't believe games that you have 0 achievements for count against your average.

why would anyone delete a game from his acc?
I've had support remove a few. It's basically an admittance that I never have any intention of playing the games or hold any significance of having them in my collection and don't want the clutter on my account. Some pruning every now and again soothes the Steam soul.

rookiejet

Nice. I got this one on a 40% off sale:

s0562369_sc7

I've been a standing desk convert for a while, and I actually get tired sitting, but this one's much more inviting to sit down on at the end of the day. Ahhh, I love that neck rest...

Grief.exe

why would anyone delete a game from his acc?

Nice. I got this one on a 40% off sale:

s0562369_sc7

I've been a standing desk convert for a while, and I actually get tired sitting, but this one's much more inviting to sit down on at the end of the day. Ahhh, I love that neck rest...

Looks like a very nice chair! These retail outlets seem to clear out spare stock almost constantly.

Backlogger

Hi guys.
Thanks

EMrknJP.gif

Grief.exe

I would be ok with Battlefield 4 but Bioshock Infinite !!!! it was fun.

I was mostly kidding, but, overall, Bioshock Infinite isn't a very good game. Great atmosphere in the first five minutes, and great ending, but that bookends a truly mediocre experience.

Gets even worse once you consider the pedigree involved.

kafiend

Because I'm an idiot, I managed to win Magicians & Looters earlier but failed to remember I bought the bundle it was in. I didn't redeem the keys or even take much note of the games in the bundle which was why I entered the giveaway. Easy done in the middle of bundle frenzies I guess.

Anyhow, here's the now redundant Desura key from my bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Magicians & Looters -- MB-963732FDE077E839 - Taken by Spring-Loaded

Grief.exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom