• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ezodagrom

EDIT: Wait... Any news with Trails?
To be fair, though, it is delayed a bit due to minor technical issues with the Steam programming. But any progress we make on that now will also apply to SC, so the same issues that are delaying FC definitely won't also delay SC.

...Doesn't mean SC won't be delayed for other reasons, though. It is the most massive project we've ever had any involvement with in our entirely history as a company, so there's a lot that can potentially hold it up. That's why we gave only the vaguest indication as to when it would be released... and since it's not a specific date, the possibility always exists that it could get kicked back to fall or even winter.

Though of course, we're not planning on any such occurrence! We'd like to get it out to you guys a.s.a.p. The problem is the "p" there. ;)

-Tom
http://forum.marvelous-usa.com/index.php?showtopic=27143&#entry829727

milena87

Hello my good people, just saw there's a new trailer for the Wolf Among Us for the second episode, I believe? I don't want to watch it either way but they said something about the date?

Argh! I forgot that the second episode is finally coming next week. Now I just need to disover the exact day of release.

random

I have a 20% coupon for Velocity Ultra left, that stacks with the current weekly sale, and a 50% off coupon for Crusader Kings II. Both are only valid for two more days.

If anyone wants one of them, please PM me (you may also have to remind me how to send you the coupons, I have only sent something to the Trashbot once).

Caerith

Basic steps:
1. Prepare your bait
2. Check if a mod is around...
3. Deploit bait
4. Hope for the best
5. Prepare for the worst
6. TAG
Heuer

Reminds me of this:

Cyan said:
We've been slowly going through this thread and looking at the obvious tag fishers. We look through their post history and see if they deserve a tag. If so, they get one, and if not, they get permabanned.

Arthea

I have a 20% coupon for Velocity Ultra left, that stacks with the current weekly sale, and a 50% off coupon for Crusader Kings II. Both are only valid for two more days.

If anyone wants one of them, please PM me (you may also have to remind me how to send you the coupons, I have only sent something to the Trashbot once).

You just trade them with a person, I'm pretty sure you can't send them, but I can be wrong on this too.

ghostlight_ross

Ghostlight
I'm very interested. How have the sales been going on Vita?
Have both the versions for PSP and Vita.

On a sidenote, I still think the gamesize is too big for Vita and you should compress some of the graphics, as I understand that is the big memory hoarder. Still one of my favorite games, but have to delete it now and then because of it's file size.
Since memory cards are expensive, people do not only choose this type of games on the price, and value but also size. This is not an issue however on Steam :)

I haven't seen sales numbers so I can't be exact. But it seems to keep doing well enough for us to keep working on it :)

random

You just trade them with a person, I'm pretty sure you can't send them, but I can be wrong on this too.

I guess I chose the wrong word. I should be able to "trade" them for nothing, in the same way I traded with Trashbot.
The tags for the coupons are "Tradable, Not Marketable", so I believe I should be able to give them away.

Jawmuncher

Just beat Under a Killing Moon (Yeah it's not on steam but whatever).
Gotta say I had a lot of fun with it. Sure I used a guide through all of it but it sure was a great ride. It had me laughing quite a few times, while still keeping the stakes pretty high. I'll definitely be playing the other's and grabbing Tesla when it comes to steam.

Arthea

I guess I chose the wrong word. I should be able to "trade" them for nothing, in the same way I traded with Trashbot.
The tags for the coupons are "Tradable, Not Marketable", so I believe I should be able to give them away.

yes, that's how giving them away works, you trade them for nothing.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
You can't sell them but you can trade them, wherever you decide to trade for something or not is up to you (and the one you are trading with obviously).

Caerith

As far as I know Cyan and other mods can't tag, only admins can. I thank god for that, can you imagine EatChildren taggin people? NOPE.

Is that how it works? I only noticed Milamber's hidden tag after charlequin came looking for Prey, figured maybe it was a new addition. Maybe Stump had done both at once and we just hadn't noticed.

Tropico 5 is announced, BTW. It's probably old news, but I've just noticed.
Yup, it was announced with a scene from The Great Dictator.

HoosTrax

Tropico 5 is announced, BTW. It's probably old news, but I've just noticed.
I hope this one ends up more than just a glorified expansion pack to Tropico 3. That said though, I still put nearly 100 hours into 4, and got all except one of the achievements.

Caerith

I hope this one ends up more than just a glorified expansion pack to Tropico 3. That said though, I still put nearly 100 hours into 4, and got all expect one of the achievements.

I finished the first act of Tropico 4, and have been meaning to get back to it every time I play Cook, Serve, Delicious. It'll be hard getting all the character traits maxed, though-- some are just better than others.

random

yes, that's how giving them away works, you trade them for nothing.

You can't sell them but you can trade them, wherever you decide to trade for something or not is up to you (and the one you are trading with obviously).

Thank you both.

I do not want to take up more space in the thread for my cluelessness. The coupons are probably quite common, but if anyone is interested please PM me or send a friend request to http://steamcommunity.com/id/RahRandom.

Using the Velocity Ultra coupon on top of the weekly you get a nice discount at the moment.

HoosTrax

I finished the first act of Tropico 4, and have been meaning to get back to it every time I play Cook, Serve, Delicious. It'll be hard getting all the character traits maxed, though-- some are just better than others.
Yeah, and in fact, the achievement to max every single trait is the one I'm missing. No point in sweating it, I guess, I just ended up picking traits that suited my playstyle the best (although certain missions will kind of force you to take a different strategy because of the circumstances and resources available). I think I tended to build an economy off of things like exporting rum, for example.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Is that how it works? I only noticed Milamber's hidden tag after charlequin came looking for Prey, figured maybe it was a new addition. Maybe Stump had done both at once and we just hadn't noticed.

It'd be hilarious if Modbot could be used for tagging.
24 hours on and I haven't heard from tiny raptor.

Poor Prey. Sitting here all dejected and alone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3j_fdSpkmE

Do a new contest, but this time should be "what should I do with tiny raptor".

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Mods can set their own tags (and are encouraged to do so) but not those of other users, which is where admins come in.

JaseC

It seems Magicka: Wizard Wars was added to every Mount & Blade: Warband/With Fire & Sword sub.

If anyone doesn't have these games already here they are!
I had a ton of fun with those.
1024x640.resizedimage

1024x640.resizedimage
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Zeno Clash 2 -- MB-B94362FA6E1B2365 - Taken by Man Puncher. 20 entrants total.
Zeno Clash -- MB-8571E1FBD941C9EA

t1391104703z1.png

honorless

We don't have "get out of jail free" cards, but if we did, she'd have one.
Using the Velocity Ultra coupon on top of the weekly you get a nice discount at the moment.
I've been playing this on my Vita, because it was $2 for just over a week now and have been very pleasantly surprised. It's a little gem. Well worth the $4 post-coupon. Will probably double-dip on the Steam version today or tomorrow for longevity's sake, though I admit I'll have to get used to teleporting sans touchscreen.

Any excuse for platforming is a good excuse. They make sort of cool puzzles out of it too. I really hope they expand on the exploration-type platforming in FC4.

I only have experience with the first tower so far, I'll assume they flesh it out slightly more. Really enjoying my time with it so far.

It really didn't take long to go from "I've never shot anyone before" to neck-stabbing fools all over the place. Must be that sexy tatau he's rocking.

In the first hour, I've killed and been killed by Komodo Dragons more than humans. So there's that.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I only have experience with the first tower so far, I'll assume they flesh it out slightly more. Really enjoying my time with it so far.

It really didn't take long to go from "I've never shot anyone before" to neck-stabbing fools all over the place. Must be that sexy tatau he's rocking.

In the first hour, I've killed and been killed by Komodo Dragons more than humans. So there's that.

Yeah, some of the animals are hilariously overpowered. They have hunting challenges later in the game that force you to take out a couple animals with severly underpowered weaponry and it's pretty funny to feel like you are the apex bitch rather than predator.

Deques

It seems Magicka: Wizard Wars was added to every Mount & Blade: Warband/With Fire & Sword sub.

Some research got me this

Steam Forum said:
Hi folks! I will explain the situation to you. (I'm the Community Developer for Magicka: Wizard Wars).

Some of you may or may not know that Paradox Interactive (the publisher for Magicka: Wizard Wars and the Mount and Blade games) will no longer continue to publish the Mount and Blade series. With this in mind and to offer a form of "thank you" for the 5 and a half years that some of you have been with us in one form or another we gave a little goodwill gesture gift.

The gift in this case was Magicka: Wizard Wars Early Access, it's up to you if you choose to play or not, but I will confirm you will NOT be charged a cent. Your play now is entirely free, and when the final version is launched that too will be free-to-play going forward.

We hope you have fun and again thank you for a fun 5 and a half years! (and hopefully even longer should you find Wizards to be your thing!)

JaseC

Yeah, to Ubi's credit the platforming factor of the towers gradually increases as you progress through the map -- they're not simple copy-paste jobs like the makeshift wooden towers in Black Flag.

Some research got me this

Hmm, no other publisher has been involved with the series so I assume publishing rights are reverting to TaleWorlds (the developer). It might be worth picking up some spares if the games go on sale before Paradox's contract expires.

Yeah, some of the animals are hilariously overpowered. They have hunting challenges later in the game that force you to take out a couple animals with severly underpowered weaponry and it's pretty funny to feel like you are the apex bitch rather than predator.

Just did the first one : go kill these dogs with this shotgun. Or you can use a machete. ...Tough choice.

Yeah, to Ubi's credit the platforming factor of the towers gradually increases as you progress through the map -- they're not simple copy-paste jobs like the makeshift wooden towers in Black Flag.

Excellent news. I was getting dizzy after the first one. Glad there was a zipline at the top, thought I was going to have to AssCreed jump off and hope for the best.

Any good skills to invest points into?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom