• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waku

Terribly sorry but i took one Inversion Key without realizing it's US only. So i am putting it back in rotation, all thanks go to Ryne.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inversion -- MB-9CC17E9BAF7489EA - Taken by alr1ght. 13 entrants total.

t1391178054z1.png

Again, my appologies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Shiny Loot is having a Weekend Sale on some things (Steam-redeemable unless otherwise noted):

- 80% off Major Mayhem ($1) (*Greenlit)
- 80% off Faerie Solitaire ($1)
- 75% off Drip Drip (*Greenlight)
- 75% off Hacker Evolution ($2.50)
- 75% off Hacker Evolution Untold ($2.50)
- 75% off Hacker Evolution Duality ($2.50)
- 75% off Survivor Squad ($2.25)
- 70% off FootLOL: Epic League ($3) (*Greenlit)
- 70% off Millennium: A New Hope ($3) (*Greenlight)
- 70% off Millennium 2: Take me Higher ($3) (*Greenlight)
- 60% off Memories of a Vagabond ($1.99) (*Greenlight)
- 50% off Metal Planet ($3) (*Greenlight)
- 50% off Ostrich Island ($3.99) (*Greenlight)
- 50% off Helicopter Simulator: Search and Rescue ($9.99) (*Greenlit)
- 50% off OddPlanet ($2.50) (*Greenlight)
- 33% off Enola ($10.04) (*Greenlit)
- 20% off Unearthed: Drake's Fortune ($3.99)
- 17% off Goscurry ($4.99) (*Greenlight)

I for one welcome our new Valve overlords.

Wonder how long till we have SECUROM/TAGES removals?

If Atari ever bothers to bring back Riddick as it did Ghostbusters I'd like to think that the current TAGES version would be replaced with the DRM-free GOG version.

Got this free but of no interest to me. Enjoy :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rome Total War -- MB-E2BD3652B67F411C - Taken by eyeless. 7 entrants total.

t1391168739z1.png

Finished MGS 3 Snake Eater yesterday, that ending is so amazing, if they ever put the MSG games on Steam some people will have an amazing time.

Also, OMG Zombies! became very, very addicting.

You mean OMG Zombies! HD right? If so how many levels are there? I completed the PSP version with 100% and had a lot of fun with it.

Jawmuncher

Oh man that Enslaved and Inversion pack is SO GOOD.
Going to buy that bundle until i'm out of credit. Might have some to post here on GAF!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dark Souls is syncing!! What is it? What is it for?!!!

It's set to sync everything in My Documents\NBGI\Dark Souls:

Code:
Array
(
    [quota] => 100 MB (104857600)
    [maxnumfiles] => 1000
    [savefiles] => Array
        (
            [1] => Array
                (
                    [root] => WinMyDocuments
                    [path] => NBGI/DarkSouls
                    [pattern] => *
                    [recursive] => 1
                    [platforms] => Array
                        (
                            [1] => all
                        )

)

)

)

Which in practice is just the SL2 files.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Yesss, Enslaved + Inversion for $2.50. Thankfully no problems with address or my new CC, those recent Amazon PSN horror stories had me a bit worried.

Adventis

Real scummy pricing on dat Kingdoms of Amalur deal for aussies. Game's been $29.99 forever and the price at the start of the sale was actually the same as the US - $5.99.

Held off buying it immediately and when I went back 2-3 hrs later lo and behold, it's bumped up to $59.99 with the collection being a whopping $79.99. Yeaaaa, fuck yourself EA.

On the other hand, I've been waiting forever for Amalur to go on sale. Been on my wishlist for over 2 years now since it came out, any kind soul willing to gift me the full collection in exchange for Paypal/Steam bux? Not sure how this works, never done it before.

ps. Is Game Dev Tycoon worth it for the current sale price?

Deques

Real scummy pricing on dat Kingdoms of Amalur deal for aussies. Game's been $29.99 forever and the price at the start of the sale was actually the same as the US - $5.99.

Held off buying it immediately and when I went back 2-3 hrs later lo and behold, it's bumped up to $59.99 with the collection being a whopping $79.99. Yeaaaa, fuck yourself EA.

On the other hand, I've been waiting forever for Amalur to go on sale. Been on my wishlist for over 2 years now since it came out, any kind soul willing to gift me the full collection in exchange for Paypal/Steam bux? Not sure how this works, never done it before.

ps. Is Game Dev Tycoon worth it for the current sale price?

I got Amalur collection through a trader for 4 keys. You can buy keys from the steam market and trade with a trader

Here is one trader that has for 4 keys
http://www.tf2outpost.com/trade/17633170

Looks like Gamespot is going to post an SC coverage next week, I wonder if other sites will do too. Things might get ugly again, heh....

Jawmuncher

I have 3 packs of the Enslaved and Version combo.
Think i'll put them up here on SteamGAF but it'll be a good ol MSpaint competition.
Mainly since I will be offering the 3 winners both games. Just need to think of what I want them to draw.

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Think i'll put them up here on SteamGAF but it'll be a good ol MSpaint competition.
Mainly since I will be offering the 3 winners both games. Just need to think of what I want them to draw.

I already lost by default :p

_hekk05

Banned

Can we make gifs out of mspaint pictures? I'm still salty about the last one.

Fuu

I wasn't feeling like being picky today and bought three bundles that I had been ignoring so far on Bundle Stars. Each has at least one or more games that I'm interested in checking out. It's crazy how many games I got at once for an average of $5 a bundle, I hope I never get used to how cheap PC gaming is because I don't ever want to take it for granted. Now to manually activate all those keys. :p

Deques

Many thanks my friend!! Didn't even know you could do that, haha.

Contacted the trader and got the deal done. Ended up being even cheaper than buying the collection outright!! Can't say how grateful I am for these ppl.

Cheers :)

I saved a lot by buying from a trader. It costs around €12 which is kinda cheap, but I rather buy it for even cheaper :D

I thought I was so clever, remembering to use my EC voucher before it expired. Bought the Thief Collection last night...should have waited til today for that sweet Enslaved bundle :(

Fuu

How is the Inversion region-locking supposed to work? I'm in Brazil and it activated just fine.

schuey7

No.

I thought the trailer said something about official leagues but I may have misread it.

Thanks,activated the game and it is now added to my steam account.Btw spotflux is hands down the best vpn service I have used for free and I have only used it for an hour.Maybe I will get an annual package.

Jawmuncher

Enslaved & Inversion Pack Giveaway!
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Instructions for Participants:
Create something about Dino Crisis and Steam.
I'm VERY open on What that entails and will allow whatever your imagination can conjure up.
Use photoshop, MSpaint, GIF maker, whatever you're best at and feel can help you win.

*3 Winners will be chosen and receive both Inversion AND Enslaved*

PM YOUR ENTRIES SO THAT I CAN SEE THEM ALL.
You can still post them in the thread for all to see though.

t1391197500z1.png

"Seven Hours. Seven Hours is all I can spare to play with you"

Ok, trying Modbot for the first time. Let's see how it goes:

ModBot said:
Instructions for spinalscratch:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Inversion NA -- MB-98A3FDEC6F3283DE - Taken by AScotAbroad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom