• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enslaved & Inversion Pack Giveaway!

PM YOUR ENTRIES SO THAT I CAN SEE THEM ALL.
You can still post them in the thread for all to see though.

t1391197500z1.png

"Seven Hours. Seven Hours is all I can spare to play with you"
xLjk8Uk.gif

Gotta find time between (maybe during? lol) classes today to enter for this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How is the Inversion region-locking supposed to work? I'm in Brazil and it activated just fine.

Activation is limited to NCSA territories:

US United States
CA Canada
MX Mexico
PR Puerto Rico
BS Bahamas
PA Panama
BZ Belize
CR Costa Rica
SV El Salvador
GT Guatemala
HN Honduras
NI Nicaragua
VE Venezuela
CO Colombia
GY Guyana
SR Suriname
GF French Guiana
BR Brazil
PE Peru
BO Bolivia
PY Paraguay
UY Uruguay
AR Argentina
CL Chile
EC Ecuador

You might be right. it does not have licenses for the players but maybe it has licenses for the leagues and trophies names.

I watched the trailer again and it just says "The best European competitions" which isn't exactly a smoking gun. The game doesn't seem to have an official site, either.

vermadas

So I've been playing some of Valdis Story: Abyssal City. The platforming feels a bit off to me. You don't have any momentum and the wall jumping is a bit inconsistent and chunky. I'm liking the rest of the game though. The soundtrack is wonderful.

Thanks dude! PM me if you meant for that to be a raffle with a duration and I'll re-list it, but otherwise I'll be sure to check this out :D

No problem. Enjoy :)

I watched the trailer again and it just says "The best European competitions" which isn't exactly a smoking gun. The game doesn't seem to have an official site, either.

The game is developed by FxInteractive and the steam version its based in a game released by them a few months ago in Spain called FxFutbol 2.0.

It should be safe until next season at least. (like next September, so it means it will make it to the summer sale :D)

Faabulous

Which Splinter Cell games are actually good? They should have just made a discounted franchise pack so I could have bought that and figured this out later.

JaseC

The game is developed by FxInteractive and the steam version its based in a game released by them a few months ago in Spain called FxFutbol 2.0.

It should be safe until next season at least. (like next September, so it means it will make it to the summer sale :D)

Ah, good to know. I intend to pick it up when it's half off which shouldn't be more than a few months from now.

Jawmuncher

Which Splinter Cell games are actually good? They should have just made a discounted franchise pack so I could have bought that and figured this out later.

Chaos Theory is the best out of the older games.
Conviction is good but plays more like a bourne style action game then a stealth Splinter Cell game.

You'd be best off with those.
No real reason to get Splinter Cell 1 since there's no Pandora Tomorrow to go along with it.
It's still good but it's definitely aged the worst, mainly since the difficulty can be pretty brutal.

Faabulous

Chaos Theory is the best out of the older games.
Conviction is good but plays more like a bourne style action game then a stealth Splinter Cell game.

You'd be best off with those.
No real reason to get Splinter Cell 1 since there's no Pandora Tomorrow to go along with it.
It's still good but it's definitely aged the worst, mainly since the difficulty can be pretty brutal.

What about Double Agent? Is it any good? Conviction is still kinda expensive, I'll leave that for future promos.

JaseC

I didn't mind the little I played of Blacklist on the X360, but then I had nothing to compare it to since I'd never played a Splinter Cell game before. I was going to snap up the DDE today but decided to wait for a response from Longbow Games first since if my request is agreed to I'll be out $20.

Tizoc

Reposting for the new page.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inversion -- MB-3E0029AA2DCEDEDA

t1391247313z1.png

def sim

What about Double Agent? Is it any good? Conviction is still kinda expensive, I'll leave that for future promos.

Though it's the weakest entry compared the the original three, it's an alright game. Much of the hate it gets is because of the streamlined version of spies vs mercs it introduced, IIRC.

Also, the previous gen version of it was developed by the Chaos Theory team (Montreal) for whatever reason. The one on PS3/360/PC is by Shanghai and isn't as good. Ubisoft made some weird decisions.

Got what I wanted out of that Amazon two-fer, here's the other half (just like everyone else, apparently)

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (AbundantChoice, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inversion -- MB-8A559A7318007340 - Taken by nightstorm. 8 entrants total.

t1391174275z1.png

I just started a normal ironman run on Enemy Within couple days ago. And I don't remember how to play this game anymore.
I kind of hate picking up meld during the missions, I wish they would have made its gathering the same as alloys, weapon fragments etc.

Heh, I had exactly the same problem when I fired up EU a few weeks ago having not played it for only a few months. So I started the tutorial to remind me and would have quit out due to the rage inducing execrable mouse acceleration in the enforced hand grenade part if not for knowing that teh awesome awaited if I persevered.

Hm, I wonder how many games in my 'nope' category are similarly awesome if I get past the initial irritations I had with the game that turned me off it? I guess I'll fire them up one day when I've found some patience and give them another try to find out! :)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Couple of spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-FD359612062E61C2 - Taken by Evrain. 5 entrants total.
Magicka -- [nuked]

t1391175310z1.png

edit: edited and nuked Magicka since no one took it/everyone has it.

Enslaved & Inversion Pack Giveaway!
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Instructions for Participants:
Create something about Dino Crisis and Steam.
I'm VERY open on What that entails and will allow whatever your imagination can conjure up.
Use photoshop, MSpaint, GIF maker, whatever you're best at and feel can help you win.

*3 Winners will be chosen and receive both Inversion AND Enslaved*

PM YOUR ENTRIES SO THAT I CAN SEE THEM ALL.
You can still post them in the thread for all to see though.

t1391197500z1.png

"Seven Hours. Seven Hours is all I can spare to play with you"

You want a Dino Crisis?

guabjjN.gif

FloatOn

Enslaved for 2.50

How can I say no to that? I may even play Inversion one day too. Seems like a crappier version of Binary Domain.

Divius

EVERYTHING.gif[IMG]

[spoiler]the later entries aren't that great, Double Agent especially. They are all enjoyable[/spoiler][/QUOTE]I think I played Conviction and quite enjoyed it, but I'm not sure. For now I will stick was seems to be the essential SC game, might get the rest at some other time.

Dr Dogg

The Splinter Cell series in short:

SC; Where it began. Ages hasn't been to kind on the visuals but the mechanics still stand up.

PT; A few new mechanics and at the time a great opening level. Bit 'meh' there on out but introduced MP. Broken effects on modern hardware.

CT; High point of the series. Best story, best stealth, best MP. Essential.

DA; Tries to be something like 24 and Prison Break rolled into one and offered 'choice' but came across as phoned in.

SC:C; Mainly ditched stealth in favour of spectacle. Mark and Execute is way to powerful. Coop is a nice addition though.

SC:B; Getting back on track. Feels like a reboot with a 'new' Sam and the hub based concept is what you would find from Mass Effect. Is kind of a mesh between CT and Conviction.

Fake edit: Wow that's a lot of acronyms.

Alright, here's my giveaway of never before seen games on Modbot

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Inversion -- MB-8B3C00E940253E27 - Taken by Kirosia. 6 entrants total.
Inversion #2 -- MB-720F4420D4E09E35 - Taken by Kifimbo. 5 entrants total.

t1391185660z1.png

jonno394

You want a Dino Crisis?

guabjjN.gif

BRILLIANT. Give this man the game.

On to giving away games.....here's one. I don't like stealth based games so someone can have this, decided to give this to givers only for once, just as a way to say thanks to otehr givers.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.

Velvet Assassin -- MB-DE405246759BD19B - Taken by XShagrath

Do you think Valve is starting to let developers push out their own games for release on Steam recently? I find it odd how a lot of stuff is getting released when it's like 3-4 AM in the morning on the west coast.

Acccent

I don't know if this has been posted but I randomly looked at the steam stats and the downtime from yesterday led to a cool curve:
S3reiM5.png

Dr Dogg

I don't know if this has been posted but I randomly looked at the steam stats and the downtime from yesterday led to a cool curve:
http://i.imgur.com/S3reiM5.png[/QUOTE]

I don't know what you're talking ab...

*turns head to the side*

Ohhhhhhh I see.

JaseC

Do you think Valve is starting to let developers push out their own games for release on Steam recently? I find it odd how a lot of stuff is getting released when it's like 3-4 AM in the morning on the west coast.

Developers can already push through app/sub updates whenever they want so it makes sense to extend this to store releases too, particularly considering Valve's desire to ditch Greenlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom