• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enslaved is fine, unless you happen to be in Japan or China.

Theoretically it carries the risk of your account being restricted (the SSA says that VPN usage may lead to one's account being banned/disabled, but Valve stopped doing that almost two years ago now in favour of a restriction-based system so people could still access their existing library), however there are no verified or reputable reports of Valve caring about VPN usage when it comes to activating region-locked keys or unlocking games early; neither affect Valve's bottom line.

Edit: Uh, fixed. Got my wires crossed for a moment there.

Edit edit: You can even use a VPN to get around the recently-introduced gifting/trading restriction but I wouldn't recommend that.

Hmmm! Thanks for the quick reply. I' weary of this! If it's not to bad to ask, how often have you done this?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmmm! Thanks for the quick reply. I' weary of this! If it's not to bad to ask, how often have you done this?

Many times over the past ~2.5 years, most recently with Football Manager 2014 (Sega removed the onlyallowrunincountries flag from the Brazilian sub but it was still region-locked at the activation level). I haven't had a single issue.

Only 1 coupon left, which should I get?

1 - Dark Souls ( GFWL and no news about removal )
2 - Enslaved / Inmersion ( Inmersion is US restricted )
3 - Thief Pack ( Old games and might be on a bundle down the road )

:(

Grief.exe

If Jase is willing to bet his account, then you can be assured on its safety of use.

Dark Souls

JaseC

In the interest of supporting belated PC ports I'd say either Dark Souls or Enslaved. The latter is the more recent of the two.

Thezez

Banned
One more. I really dig this game, hope whoever wins gets some enjoyment out of it too!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Solar 2 -- MB-1F854116154136DE - Taken by The Dear Leader

Best you can do is ask someone with spares to help you out in exchange for PayPal Bucks or something else of equal value. Alternatively, you might find people in the trading scene selling the game for a key or two.

Thanks that's what I'll do.

I have $3 of the PayPals that I will transfer via the internet to anyone that can purchase me the Enslaved and Inversion bundle. Let me know, thanks!

Sajjaja

If you've never played Dark Souls yet, get Dark Souls.

Edit: Though two for one is also great lol.

Deques

Quantity over quality, JaseC will accept this logic

schuey7

I got a 25% off voucher from GMG for The Elder Scrolls Online.Is it linked to my account or can it be given away?It says that with one purchase I get another coupon to buy a copy for a friend too.

wazoo

Quite funny to think I have Naruto, Pacman, Naruto, Ace Combat, Dark Souls, Ridge racer and Enslaved on my PC. Keep going Namco.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Don't worry, all that matters is I enjoyed it.

image.php

PriitV

People, use up all your EC coupons today as it's the last day with the exception of Dark Souls which ends in a few days.

Hasney

Dark Souls or Thief. Out of those on the list, Enslaved is the only one I don't own but after playing the console one, I'm not sure I even want it in my library.

JaseC

But but but... I am confused @_@

"Error! Error!"

More football manager games? Are these actually fun? (Note: I am not a football fan)

Probably not if you're not a fan of the sport. I've added it to my list of licensed stuff so I'll be picking it up sooner rather than later.

Ah yes, I was thinking about the other Saber game Timeshift. Maybe because it never goes on sale or something :)

It does go on sale... just never outside of Acti-specific sales or the Summer/Autumn/Winter Sales. It was 33% off for the duration of the 2011 Summer Sale but hasn't been discounted by more than 25% since. :(

Relax.MX

I played MW last night(actually with a good community in terms of size and friendly) and was fun. The singlr player is great.

And i want Amalur and a RPG but the only consensus is how easy it is. And i have a lot of backlog and i still with the Spelunky drug (and again some Dota)

JaseC i need more backlog right?

People, use up all your EC coupons today as it's the last day with the exception of Dark Souls which ends in a few days.
Would if I could. Enslaved look pretty cool.

Has Street Fighter 4 always been able to run without Steam? I'm not complaining, I don't like having to run my DRM riddled game through more (nicer) DRM, but it is odd. What does suck is starting to play Yun then reading about the nerf to his DK in Ultra. :( Ah well.

JaseC

I played MW last night(actually a good community in terms of size and friendly) and was fun. The singlr player is great.

And i want Amalur and a RPG but the only consensus is how easy it is. And i have a lot of backlog and i still with the Spelunky drug (and again some Dota)

You can never have enough of a backlog.

damn region locking. can't activate Inversion :(

http://www.spotflux.com/

US only or whatever, so keep that in mind. I didn't want to stuff around to activate it.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inversion -- MB-FB1A326D126FE86E - Taken by tylergregg

Indeed.

I've used six of them and I still have more somehow. =| I don't think it will be possible.

Well do I have an offer for you! For a mere single copy of Enslaved and Inversion, I will provide you with not 1, not 2 but 3 dollars of PayPal currency!!! Act now of forever miss out on using those EC's! Here's how to order... (PM or reply to this post)

Aaron

I played MW last night(actually with a good community in terms of size and friendly) and was fun. The singlr player is great.

It depends. How much do you like fetch quests? Because that's 90% of Amalur.

Uraizen

Banned
If you got more and won't be using them, are you willing to help another guy out? :)

Well do I have an offer for you! For a mere single copy of Enslaved and Inversion, I will provide you with not 1, not 2 but 3 dollars of PayPal currency!!! Act now of forever miss out on using those EC's! Here's how to order... (PM or reply to this post)

I'm really sorry, guys. The one I used for Arthea turned out to be the last one.

Couple more to use the voucher. Please respect the no lurkers specification and Inversion is supposed to be US only.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Inversion -- MB-BFC463706DEA08C7 - Taken by Tesseract
Enslaved -- MB-BF7E117078159ABC - Taken by NingenJanai

JaseC

$1.99. Usually I don't bother with inconsequential DLC but I'm making an exception here because the two bonus tracks are licensed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom