• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 II - The Definitive Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copons

You mean the game was updated to make it behave that way?
Because nothing changed in that folder so if it was that, I don't know why it would have started syncing...

To me Dark Souls syncs every time I launch Steam. Don't know why, don't feel like asking as GFWL is too fragile to even talk to. :(

FloatOn

You need an excuse?

Recently going through I've noticed that the community has been in a more helpful less trolling mode. All the messages I've come across are sound advice and I've hardly been invaded and there's loads of coop opportunities.

If that isn't a reason to go out there and throw a spanner in the works for other people I don't know what is.

I think I've talked about on here that I had to quite Dark Souls cold turkey. I'd never play any other game if I let myself stay addicted.

Steam achievements would warrant a bit of a back slide though I think. The prospect of helping a novice out is enticing too.

Enslaved & Inversion Pack Giveaway!
header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

Instructions for Participants:
Create something about Dino Crisis and Steam.
I'm VERY open on What that entails and will allow whatever your imagination can conjure up.
Use photoshop, MSpaint, GIF maker, whatever you're best at and feel can help you win.

*3 Winners will be chosen and receive both Inversion AND Enslaved*

PM YOUR ENTRIES SO THAT I CAN SEE THEM ALL.
You can still post them in the thread for all to see though.

t1391197500z1.png

"Seven Hours. Seven Hours is all I can spare to play with you"

46t8.jpg

Sendou

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sendou, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Inversion -- MB-820ECC2DB4BF0D95 - Taken by VikasNarula. 6 entrants total.

t1391178909z1.png

Little something.

Thorgal

So this is a bit curious .

My understanding was that all snow globe cards would be gone, removed and deleted after the winter sales where done .

So why do i suddenly find 4 of them today in my new items list ?

naamloosuskqh.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So this is a bit curious .

My understanding was that all snow globe cards would be gone, removed and deleted after the winter sales where done .

So why do i suddenly find 4 of them today in my new items list ?

naamloosuskqh.png

That's a bug. You'll notice that you don't actually have them in your inventory.

Dr Dogg

I think I've talked about on here that I had to quite Dark Souls cold turkey. I'd never play any other game if I let myself stay addicted.

Steam achievements would warrant a bit of a back slide though I think. The prospect of helping a novice out is enticing too.

Hahaha makes perfect sense. The other games might get a bit lonely or jealous. I'm going to try and knock all the achievements out before GFWL dies but seeing as I'm spending more time taking screenshots it might take me a long long time.

dorxan

Neo Member
Hope I'm doing this right.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 53 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Capsized -- MB-AE26D18F8A4837F8 - Taken by Dambrosi. 4 entrants total.
Mortal Kombat Kollection (HiB Gift) -- MB-B6677778A627D09F - Taken by 2n2. 8 entrants total.
English Country Tune -- MB-62ADE8F13C7E08E2 - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total.
Cortex Command key#2 -- MB-BDA4878D3BCB7B6E - Taken by HoosTrax. 2 entrants total.
Arkham City GOTY (HiB Gift) -- MB-793154DB3F8C805A - Taken by Radio. 4 entrants total.
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-5642B32E3AFE6275 - Taken by random. 2 entrants total.
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition -- MB-B101252EF8749C83 - Taken by brotkasten. 1 entrants total.
Oil Rush -- MB-0B4B1C1E8EC880B0 - Taken by Peachblossom. 5 entrants total.
Medal of Honor -- MB-8044052E6891D967 - Taken by drgambit. 2 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-A1B7CF1139A63E16 - Taken by EdmondD. 1 entrants total.
Indie Game: The Movie -- MB-78DAF7AD852E7581 - Taken by Snakethesniper. 3 entrants total.
Burnout Paradise -- MB-91E29886F4F0F6EF - Taken by Indignate. 6 entrants total.
Offspring Fling -- MB-DA29CCE5FAEBBDEF - Taken by Ezra2680. 2 entrants total.
Chaser -- MB-5EA5BD1E665590AC - Taken by spindoctor. 3 entrants total.
Brazen Prototype -- MB-ABFCC089861856EE - Taken by Camel Master. 2 entrants total.
Humble Frozenbyte Bundle (Trine, Shadowgrounds, Shadowgrounds Survivor, TRAUMA) -- MB-D41DF29E91D3F94C - Taken by Vazduh. 7 entrants total.
Mark of the Ninja -- MB-45FF64112FA5E671 - Taken by Biochet. 3 entrants total.
Dungeon Defenders Plus DLC -- MB-FD83B1CE8898A7F5 - Taken by Volimar. 4 entrants total.
Double Fine Prototypes -- MB-65A55BC9F0FBA941 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 5 entrants total.
Red Orchestra -- MB-F0016CA5D168E064 - Taken by Evrain. 2 entrants total.
Dead Space -- MB-7DA73EAC09EC9E0C - Taken by Spirited
Command & Conquer Red Alert 3: Uprising -- MB-4EE1362560CECE36 - Taken by SSPssp
Awesomenauts -- MB-78E4494A0A5F00ED - Taken by TheFightingFish. 3 entrants total.
AirBuccaneers -- MB-2FCE72BD1C0645E0 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 3 entrants total.
Proteus -- MB-665C5F6CE07458F0 - Taken by Kiru. 2 entrants total.
Red Orchestra 2 -- MB-EC91E3247AD87D88 - Taken by Jawmuncher. 3 entrants total.
Cortex Command key#1 -- MB-DE155754B1813717 - Taken by Lain. 1 entrants total.
Hard Reset Extended Edition -- MB-9FF3C9C69AAEEFAE - Taken by Evrain. 8 entrants total.
Intrusion 2 -- MB-BEF6BBEBD5952AE7 - Taken by arts&crafts. 3 entrants total.
Brutal Legend -- MB-7316A5E8685277B1 - Taken by Thorgal. 4 entrants total.
FTL Faster Than Light -- MB-FDCCD0AE63E255F1 - Taken by hohoXD123. 4 entrants total.
Closure -- MB-4C687E74DA53201A - Taken by C00kie M0nster. 1 entrants total.
Humble Bundle 3 (Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight, And Yet It Moves) -- MB-0FCEF105F14E1059 - Taken by Melted77. 1 entrants total.
Humble Bundle 2 (Braid, Machinarium, Osmos, Revenge of the Titans) -- MB-2536184640E27148 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 6 entrants total.
Painkiller Overdose -- MB-1E6B0537C332EFEE - Taken by Natty1. 2 entrants total.
Arkham Asylum GOTY (HiB Gift) -- MB-6A013149A45AB6B1 - Taken by jmizzal. 5 entrants total.
The Basement Collection -- MB-88A414ED77C9C26B - Taken by user237. 3 entrants total.
Eets Munchies -- MB-5B499217A62BDBEF - Taken by Relax.MX. 1 entrants total.
Wizorb Plus BIT.TRIP.RUNNER Plus Gratoitous Space Battles Plus Jamestown -- MB-61F48A256CB4DBB3 - Taken by trailmix16. 5 entrants total.
Lord of the Rings: War in the North (HiB Gift) -- MB-72C419F8CBF1712C - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-D73A96D1516E5051 - Taken by milena87. 7 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-4FBC6E92C79FB561 - Taken by user237. 1 entrants total.
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken -- MB-8E30BB2D744EA989 - Taken by Buttonbasher. 3 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-84B4EA82EFE77DC2 - Taken by Cozmogramma. 1 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-9CB2639E51847890 - Taken by LostAtLife. 3 entrants total.
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-B7A8FE871F42D0B9 - Taken by kafiend. 1 entrants total.
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-7D32AD2607B7C66E - Taken by Evrain. 4 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-4310FBF8B5603A86 - Taken by Arthea. 5 entrants total.
The Binding of Isaac Plus Wrath of the Lamb -- MB-360322F0059EFE65 - Taken by EdmondD. 2 entrants total.
Hotline Miami -- MB-01F99F0629362819 - Taken by Vazduh. 4 entrants total.
Snapshot -- MB-23D0CA730360B27E - Taken by dot. 1 entrants total.
Cave Story Plus -- MB-F68E8038CC132F2D - Taken by The Red Wizard. 5 entrants total.

t1391188989z1.png

Lain

Key is regionlocked, so only enter if you're American/Canadian:
ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Inversion -- MB-04DEEEC0306BDAD7 - Taken by poopninjamvc3mk. 6 entrants total.

t1391179359z1.png

Evrain

I am desperately holding onto my last EC coupon for Dark Souls (and the hopeless hope they will switch it over to Steamworks), but also want Ensaved: is anyone willing to help? I only need it, not Inversion.

On a sidenote, I sincerely hope Valve does NOT remove themselves from Steam: it's too intertwined with their style and vision - and the results show.

kulapik

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

I'm VERY open on What that entails and will allow whatever your imagination can conjure up.
Use photoshop, MSpaint, GIF maker, whatever you're best at and feel can help you win.

t1391197500z1.png

dipwYff.png

MASTERPIECE

I would have done something better but I don't havethe time :<

Faabulous

what? there's something hidden when you turn your head to the side? I only posted it because of the sudden drop in the otherwise super smooth curve :p what did you see?!

Also, Faabulous: sure you don't mean Chaos Theory and Blacklist?

Nah, I meant Conviction. Blacklist might be cool, but it's still expensive.

vg260

Gah. There's nothing really in amazon's EC list I'm interested in.
Not a fan of Ninja Theory's games, so I have no interest in Enslaved. Is MP3 worth it for casual shooter player only going to put a few hours into it?

Leg-End

How much better is Civ V with the Brave New World DLC? I've just started playing the original again and I've lost myself to it in a big bad way.

Evrain

Well, I believe it was their vision that shifted DRM focus from protecting the publisher to protecting the dev and player: being less obtrusive, offering a complex set of features to bring players together and make playing and managing titles as smooth and hiccups-free as possible, and their tendency to add features even for the sake of throwing science at the wall and seeing what sticks (Cave Johnson docet)

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

t1391197500z1.png

capcom2015a9k9i.jpg

Capcom PLS

Jawmuncher

Gah. There's nothing really in amazon's EC list I'm interested in.
Not a fan of Ninja Theory's games, so I have no interest in Enslaved. Is MP3 worth it for casual shooter player only going to put a few hours into it?

No you'll be watching cutscenes more than playing.

_____________________________________________________________________-

Can someone post my giveaway on the next page?
I'm about to go on shift and will look at the entries and pick the winners when I get back.
Loving what I am seeing so far.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:

Inversion -- MB-86A35FA9103B96D4 - Taken by angular graphics

you guys can have it since I'm a bit paranoid regarding VPNs and my steam account and can't activate the game :p

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

t1391197500z1.png

I have no idea what I'm doing.

Faabulous

header_292x136.jpg
header_292x136.jpg

t1391197500z1.png

My entry :3
qXCanFQ.png

Tenrius

Apparently the Inversion code is region-locked. Not cool; first time I encounter something like this, too. Thankfully I was able to redeem Enslaved just fine, and that's what I wanted anyway.

Acccent

Here's my entry

02ifYZx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom