• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still kicking myself for not picking up a few spares of Ashes Cricket. If I'd known about the game's state at the time I would've done so, but to the best of my knowledge it was just an upcoming cricket game.
When the time comes, I want you to tell me how much money you made off those Pat and Matts.

Divius

Pat & Mat is called 'Buurman & Buurman' in Dutch, which just translates to 'Neighbour & Neighbour'.

themoreyouknow.jpg

mannerbot

I hope that the Dark Souls II story from a few pages back isn't true, or at least the bit about the collector's edition is wrong. It looks like the PC version is getting a T-shirt instead of the statue and that would be annoying on a good day. The way that EU fans have been treated by Namco with regards to Tales of Symhponia would mean that I'd be extremely angry if I'm being shafted once again by Namco with regards to a collector's edition.

It would help if you linked a post because I have no idea what you're talking about. Ordering from Club Namco gives you a T-shirt in addition to the other stuff that you'd get from purchasing it elsewhere. And if you've been following Dark Souls 2 news at all, you should know that EU is getting both the Collector's Edition and Black Armour Edition for PC (US consumers are the ones getting shafted).

edit: oh, I guess you're talking about the Siliconera article that cites no source, announces something that goes against what Namco's publicly stated (and claims a release date that Namco denies on Twitter), and features what looks like a shopped image with misspellings that calls the Black Armor Edition the Collector Edition. Seems legit!

Milamber

It would help if you linked a post because I have no idea what you're talking about. Ordering from Club Namco gives you a T-shirt in addition to the other stuff that you'd get from purchasing it elsewhere. And if you've been following Dark Souls 2 news at all, you should know that EU is getting both the Collector's Edition and Black Armour Edition for PC (US consumers are the ones getting shafted).

Which is incredibly rare, in video games stuff.

Just received word that I could go pick up my retail copy of South Park, but I suppose it'll still be locked until the 6th anyway, right?

Caerith

Sell me on One Way Heroics GAF.

It's like if The Long Walk was made into a fantasy RPG, where the entire world is being engulfed by a moving wall of doom. This leads to some interesting scenarios where maybe you thought you had enough time to explore a building but then the darkness catches up and you're frantically hacking at the wall trying to breach an exit before you're overtaken.

It's a rather fun roguelike RPG with NG+ "always make some progress" aspects-- you earn points you can use to unlock classes (which can also be unlocked by meeting certain requirements) or perks or expand your dimensional vault which lets you carry stuff over from run to run (but equipment has durability and is hard to repair, so there's only so much you can cheese just by carrying over the same badass weapon +5 time and time again). There are also some social aspects, like being able to see the progress/deaths of players in the same world as you or running into their ghosts.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The dark downside of Steam.

Considering my store only starts selling when they get permission, maybe I can try and convince Ubisoft to let me play once I go pick it up.

Well, the game unlocks in the US in 3 days and 8 hours, so you could use Spotflux to play it then.

I recently got CK2.

Why is it so buggy?

I cant even do some of the tutorials. In one I can't remarry like it wants me to BECAUSE MY WIFE ISNT FUCKING DEAD!

Anyway how to get into it, any good learning resources for a noob?

The tutorial is not working, I think Paradox issued a warning about that. Also the best learning method would be to play it directly.
Start as an Irish count. That is equivalent to Very Easy in this game.

Tizoc

Thanks for the info GAF, guess that game isn't for me sadly =P

Have some giveaways GAF!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ikaruga -- MB-3345D4BC5B09E2B5 - Taken by YianGaruga
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-06F9AB8501345DAC - Taken by fspm

t1393755164z1.png

Well, the game unlocks in the US in 3 days and 8 hours, so you could use Spotflux to play it then.

I think it's kinda ridiculous that I have to do that to play a game I bought fair and square. I like Steam and all, but I'm not a fan of the whole "LET'S LOCK GAMES"-thing. If I own a disc with the game on it, I should be able to play it.

Can't have your cake and eat it too, I guess.

mannerbot

Thanks for the info GAF, guess that game isn't for me sadly =P

Have some giveaways GAF!

Great giveaway, legitimately some of the finest games ever made. Wish I didn't already own them so I could enter! 8)

I think it's kinda ridiculous that I have to do that to play a game I bought fair and square. I like Steam and all, but I'm not a fan of the whole "LET'S LOCK GAMES"-thing. If I own a disc with the game on it, I should be able to play it.

Can't have your cake and eat it too, I guess.

Not exactly fair and square if the store is breaking street date to sell it to you. Maybe Ubisoft is lax on enforcing it for this particular title because you have to wait for it to unlock on Steam anyway? Probably not the case though, and people buying it on console from the same store won't have to wait. :p

Not exactly fair and square if the store is breaking street date to sell it to you. Maybe Ubisoft is lax on enforcing it for this particular title because you have to wait for it to unlock on Steam anyway? Probably not the case though, and people buying it on console from the same store won't have to wait. :p

My store doesn't break street dates, though. It's a big chain here in Belgium, if they sell something, it's because they're allowed to sell it. So unless the text message I received was a fluke, they've been approved.

Zafir

so before I start this thing up, xenoblade in english or japanese?
I actually kind of liked the english voices in it, it actually had english accents in it instead of the typical posh cockney accent(Although I do admit some do have that accent).

Is there ANY chance of getting a ridiculously rare (or even slightly rare!) drop through casual TF2 play, or do the crates have to be unlocked?

I stopped playing Guacamelee for now, not in the mood for a hard platformer at the moment. Did start Mark of the Ninja however, and wow - what a game!

Controls are fantastic, stealth works brilliantly, exploring is a lot of fun. It'll probably take me through till South Park.

Bluth54

Is there ANY chance of getting a ridiculously rare (or even slightly rare!) drop through casual TF2 play, or do the crates have to be unlocked?

The rarest things you can get from random drops in TF2 are normal hats and some tools like name tags. You can only get really rare items like unusual hats though crates, and other rare items like Earbuds or Bills Hats can't be obtained though the game anymore besides trading someone for one.

Edit: You also have to pay for Mann Up mode for a chance to get rare Golden Weapon drops, you can't get those playing on normal MVM servers.

The rarest things you can get from random drops in TF2 are normal hats and some tools like name tags. You can only get really rare items like unusual hats though crates, and other rare items like Earbuds or Bills Hats can't be obtained though the game anymore besides trading someone for one.

Edit: You also have to pay for Mann Up mode for a chance to get rare Golden Weapon drops, you can't get those playing on normal MVM servers.

Do normal hats even sell for anything more than like....10p?

I have one Mann Up token - so I'll give that another whirl.

Diedac

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Velvet Assassin -- MB-4DF746718D917E91 - Taken by kudoboi. 12 entrants total.
Tales of Maj'Eyal -- MB-F68F6F3AB5604615 - Taken by Sub Zero. 4 entrants total.
Two Brothers -- MB-A5B414A63B985607 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.

t1393683928z1.png

schuey7

Thanks to the incredible generosity of Backlogger and The_Super_Inframan I have 2 keys for fez that after multiple attempts I haven't been able to nuke and regift on modbot. Therefore the first 2 people to pm me will get the keys.Best of luck.

random

Thank you random for Gentlemen! :)

Thank you random! I won FEZ.

Thanks for Arcane Worlds!

Enjoy the games or, if you prefer, the +1.

I mixed up the key for Bad Hotel with the one for Frozen Hearth. Since spindoctor already had Frozen Hearth, he told me to nuke the key.

I hope I did everything right this time, if something doesn't work, please PM me.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Frozen Hearth -- MB-E5CF696A0D156C58 - Taken by killatopak. 4 entrants total.
Little Racers STREET -- MB-4D02B73312BB4E37 - Taken by Scipius. 7 entrants total.

t1393674794z1.png

And thank you for the giveaway Tizoc.

I am spending all my money on bundles full of games I will likely never play, so I obviously could never buy the really fairly priced Ikaruga, which I have been meaning to play for years...

Firebrand

I recently got CK2.

Why is it so buggy?

I cant even do some of the tutorials. In one I can't remarry like it wants me to BECAUSE MY WIFE ISNT FUCKING DEAD!

Anyway how to get into it, any good learning resources for a noob?
Changes over time probably broke the tutorial, same thing happened with EU3.

Here's an unofficial manual written by a guy over at the RPS forums, covers most of the expansions but perhaps not any mechanic changes over the last 6 months: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?10679-My-Crusader-Kings-II-Manual

Speaking of Pats, anyone remember Postman Pat as a kid?

Postman-Pat.jpg
Never saw the show but I played the game on Amiga, it was top-down, sort of open world and you could run over bicyclists. The original GTA.

Tizoc

I mixed up the key for Bad Hotel with the one for Frozen Hearth. Since spindoctor already had Frozen Hearth, he told me to nuke the key.

I hope I did everything right this time, if something doesn't work, please PM me.

I am spending all my money on bundles full of games I will likely never play, so I obviously could never buy the really fairly priced Ikaruga, which I have been meaning to play for years...

Good luck, it's my way of supporting the dev, as Ikaruga is a game I don't think I can progress or perform well in ^^;

killatopak

Gold Member

The code didn't work. It said it was already activated.

Thanks anyway!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would buy Dark for 3 euros, but that Nuuvem site needs VPNs and shit right?

random

Thanks for Little Racers Street, random!

Enjoy the games or, if you prefer, the +1 :)

The code didn't work. It said it was already activated.

Thanks anyway!

Sorry about that, I am not sure what happened.

I would buy Dark for 3 euros, but that Nuuvem site needs VPNs and shit right?

You would see a warning under "Importante" (where it says that you need Steam to activate the game) if the code was region locked. Since there is none, you should not need a VPN to buy or activate the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom