• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 hours according to Steam. I don't know how those are rounded though, I suspect somewhere around 3.5-4h.
Steam only starts rounding hours once you hit 20 with a game, before then it'll give you a more accurate reading with a decimal number, so you pretty much hit squarely on 3 hours.

Steam only starts rounding hours once you hit 20 with a game, before then it'll give you a more accurate reading with a decimal number, so you pretty much hit squarely on 3 hours.

Really, not for me it doesn't. Are you using vanilla steam or does it not matter?

Steam doesn't give me decimal numbers for any of my games either. Are you using a different skin?

edit: ah, I was looking at the playtime from the client. Completely forgot that the community page lists the playtime as well. 3.8h it is.

Vanilla Steam here, it works like that when viewing my profile.

Recently played:
jbkwIixut9zl7f.png

And here you can see the 20 hour cutoff:

Pakkidis

Steam doesn't give me decimal numbers for any of my games either. Are you using a different skin?

edit: ah, I was looking at the playtime from the client. Completely forgot that the community page lists the playtime as well. 3.8h it is.

AHHHHHHHHH, ok, never knew that. The more you know! :)

Tizoc

Reposting for the new page.

Have some giveaways GAF!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ikaruga -- MB-3345D4BC5B09E2B5 - Taken by YianGaruga
Volgarr the Viking -- MB-06F9AB8501345DAC - Taken by fspm

t1393755164z1.png

Knurek

Idea for Enhanced Steam, jshackles - convert that to hh:mm notation. Who in their right mind would use decimal points for time?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nice list JaseC, I've recently started building a List of game with a high risk of removal and that info will speed things up a bit. If anyone wants to help keep us informed of anything at risk of being removed, especially those bad games that pop up and disappear nearly immediately, consider joining that group.

Good stuff!

Do you have a source document for this that lists all licensed titles on Steam, including those you already had in November? It's not so much that I'd aim to own them all, my use case is more about rebuying games I have and like on 360 but that I'd like to own on Steam so in a year or so when the 360 gets unplugged forever I still have the option of playing the game.

Sadly, no. I made the list myself and to avoid having to sift through virtually every store listing just focused on the games I hadn't already bought.

Grief.exe

Nice list JaseC, I've recently started building a List of game with a high risk of removal and that info will speed things up a bit. If anyone wants to help keep us informed of anything at risk of being removed, especially those bad games that pop up and disappear nearly immediately, consider joining that group.

GFWL games will still be playable after the shutdown date

(GFWL games: gfwl is shutting down, a large majority of games may lose their playability when that happens. adding individual titles soon.) GFWL end date - July 1st 2014

Ultrabum

Dear steam thread,

Is there anyway to add funds to my steam account with an amazon gift card electronically? I know I can buy a steam gift card and get it mailed to me, but that's just silly.

Dear steam thread,

Is there anyway to add funds to my steam account with an amazon gift card electronically? I know I can buy a steam gift card and get it mailed to me, but that's just silly.

1.Find someone with a steam gift card of equal value to your amazon card
2.Exchange
3.?????
4.Profit!!!

Other than that,I can't really help you. You can buy steam codes digitally through sites but other than that, you pretty much have to buy the thing physically if you're adamant on the amazon gift card.

Tizoc

How come the Call of Duty games never get mispriced during sales? I'd instantly get Ghost Doge if it suddenly went for like 92% discount.
I'd play the campaign JUST for the Doge.

So has there been any family sharing conversations yet? I have 250 games and just found out about it today. I wanna play other people's games since I don't touch my own backlog.

How come the Call of Duty games never get mispriced during sales? I'd instantly get Ghost Doge if it suddenly went for like 92% discount.

We're talking about a game published by a company that sells 4 or 5 maps for 15$ a pop.You can't really be surprised it doesn't go on 50 or 75% off sales.

Chronoja

GFWL games will still be playable after the shutdown date

I'll change that. I meant "purchasability", since there's the chance that any game with gfwl still in it when the service goes offline that they'll be pulled from the store. And they might not we'll know in a few months, it's a "risky" situation so just something to keep an eye on.

Diedac

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Eldritch -- MB-1D60CD8F228B710B - Taken by Relax.MX. 18 entrants total.
Gnomoria -- MB-3B04303CDB40C517 - Taken by nampad. 10 entrants total.

t1393707555z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Idea for Enhanced Steam, jshackles - convert that to hh:mm notation. Who in their right mind would use decimal points for time?

Not a bad idea, and should be easy to do. I'll look into it.

Tizoc

For somen reason, Ehnanced Steam on Chrome doesn't let me change pages when I am in a search page showing all Games on sale.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
If I don't open up Steam or let my girlfriend see it, she won't force me to buy all the Sims 3 DLC she doesn't yet have.

Not a bad idea, and should be easy to do. I'll look into it.

That would of course be an option to turn off of course right? Some of us do use and like decimal points for time spent.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
For somen reason, Ehnanced Steam on Chrome doesn't let me change pages when I am in a search page showing all Games on sale.
You have "Enable continuous scrolling of search results" enabled. What this does is automatically append the next page of search results to the list when you scroll to the very bottom of the page, but it can be a bit finicky when Valve's servers are under stress or otherwise in a spot of bother. You can disable the option by clicking Tools -> Addons -> Options (opposite Enhanced Steam 5.x).

Replace the instructions with their Chrome equivalents in your case.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So, uh, yeah. Thief is a bit buggy.
Having fun, though. Spent hours just walking around and exploring The City, doing side-quests and collecting everything shiny Garret could get his greedy little hands on.
I love hubs like these. :)

Jørdan

I'd ignorantly argue that it is due to collusion between Steam & publishers to promote their sales and not always genuine mistakes. They occur far too frequently, with certain publishers/franchises allergic to heavy discounts not being effected and with a small team working weeks in advance they can't be that complacent so consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom