• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turfster

But it's only 2€ after selling cards. It must be worth that much. It must be.

Nope, unless you're counting just a +1 as being worth 2-3€
Let me put it this way: I've finished a lot of shit games.
I never got much further than the tutorial and part of the first level in DARK.

Coreda

Is it just me or does checking the 'Save uncompressed copy' under the Screenshots settings of Steam not actually save captures uncompressed?

I hope Rise of Legends comes to Steam at some point. The IP issues aren't helping, but it really needs to happen. It would excite me a good bit more than AoM.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
thanks for the info guys, thought since it was a brazilian site you needed VPN for some reason

Bluth54

I hope Rise of Legends comes to Steam at some point. The IP issues aren't helping, but it really needs to happen. It would excite me a good bit more than AoM.

Well it's hard to say what's going to happen since we have no idea who bought the IP at the auction. Hopefully it's Microsoft or someone who's willing to work with Microsoft to get the Rise of games on Steam.

derExperte

Nope, unless you're counting just a +1 as being worth 2-3€
Let me put it this way: I've finished a lot of shit games.
I never got much further than the tutorial and part of the first level in DARK.

You can't scare me, I've completed Velvet Assassin. DARK can't have worse stealth and if it has, I need to experience it.

Turfster

You can't scare me, I've completed Velvet Assassin. DARK can't have worse stealth and if it has, I need to experience it.

Well, I didn't get much deeper into Velvet Ass either, so... your move, I guess.
Just be warned that the thing is like reading an emo 12 year old's diary.

Anteater

Jaguar man on hard was fun in guacamelee :0

although it was kind of annoying that I keep getting hit by his aura even when he finished his attack, kept jumping in too early and get hit by nothing.

didamangi

Is it just me or does checking the 'Save uncompressed copy' under the Screenshots settings of Steam not actually save captures uncompressed?

Did you check the folder where they kept the uncompressed copy? It should have the png copies of your screenshot there. You can see/set the folder yourself in the steam settings.

For those of you that play PC in front of your tv, do you use wireless mouse and keyboard? And if so, how do you do that .. do you set them on some kind of lap board or surface of some type?

Hasney

For those of you that play PC in front of your tv, do you use wireless mouse and keyboard? And if so, how do you do that .. do you set them on some kind of lap board or surface of some type?

I usually just play joypad games on the TV and desk for M+KB.

random

I would buy Dark for 3 euros, but that Nuuvem site needs VPNs and shit right?

The keyboard does not need a surface, it can simply rest on the lap.

For mouse I use the Logitech Anywhere MX, which can be used on more or less any surface, like directly on the couch.

I do not play with kb + m if I can avoid it, so this setup is probably not ideal if that is your preferred control method.

Cth

I use a Logitech K400 (wireless kb w/ built in touchpad) but generally I play gamepad games whenever possible.

Caerith

I use a wired mouse and keyboard connected to a USB hub at the end of a USB extension cable plugged into my PC. I set them on one of these:
images

Adjustable height and the design (one leg with wide base) lets me pull it snug against the couch so the surface is over my lap even when I'm slouching. I'd say "any laptop table would do" but most of the ones I've seen are the four-legged variety, which means you'd have to sit up straight or even lean over to use it.

Mine is the IKEA "Dave" model, which seems to have been discontinued and replaced with some unpronouncable thing that doesn't even come in red. Still, $20 is well worth not having to use your mouse on your leg or something ridiculous like that.

I've been using this setup for a few years now-- for everything, even writing this post-- and it's perfectly comfortable. Comfy couch for life.

zkylon

zkylewd
The Queen's English voice acting is pretty good and fun so you can go either way.

Wait no, go with English for "Reyn Time!"
I actually kind of liked the english voices in it, it actually had english accents in it instead of the typical posh cockney accent(Although I do admit some do have that accent).
yea the voices are pretty cool, although I imagine dunban being voiced by the same guy as gurren lagann's kamina or something and that would be pretty beast

so far so good for the game, it feels a little too mmo-ish for my liking but I see those bits of xenogears and nier in it that are reeling me in

Chronoja

Haha, back in November I started maintaining a list, as a matter of fact: *list*

Crossed-off titles are just those that I've bought and aren't necessarily unavailable.

Nice list JaseC, I've recently started building a List of game with a high risk of removal and that info will speed things up a bit. If anyone wants to help keep us informed of anything at risk of being removed, especially those bad games that pop up and disappear nearly immediately, consider joining that group.

Jawmuncher

I use a wired mouse and keyboard connected to a USB hub at the end of a USB extension cable plugged into my PC. I set them on one of these:
images

Adjustable height and the design (one leg with wide base) lets me pull it snug against the couch so the surface is over my lap even when I'm slouching. I'd say "any laptop table would do" but most of the ones I've seen are the four-legged variety, which means you'd have to sit up straight or even lean over to use it.

Mine is the IKEA "Dave" model, which seems to have been discontinued and replaced with some unpronouncable thing that doesn't even come in red. Still, $20 is well worth not having to use your mouse on your leg or something ridiculous like that.

I've been using this setup for a few years now-- for everything, even writing this post-- and it's perfectly comfortable. Comfy couch for life.

I'm bookmarking this. Coming back for you if it turns out terrible.

Turfster

... Return a mission item in Thief, get 3 conversations one after the other. "Hi, there you are! <blabla> Oh! You're back! <blabla> Good to see you again! <blabla>"

I've got a combo gamepad/keyboard+gyro-mouse thing that I use.

images

I can totally vouch for the Dave, but you really need to tighten the nuts connecting the desk to the leg, because that fucker can loosen up quickly and give you a wobbly desk.

Finished the first episode of Burial At Sea. It suffers from the same "search every trashcan"-syndrome like BioShock Infinite. I thought Levine's storytelling would be a better fit for a shorter more focused game but this wasn't nearly as memorable as the one in BioShock Infinite so I'm not sure anymore.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Finished the first episode of Burial At Sea. It suffers from the same "search every trashcan"-syndrome like BioShock Infinite. I thought Levine's storytelling would be a better fit for a shorter more focused game but this wasn't nearly as memorable as the one in BioShock Infinite so I'm not sure anymore.
Dat ending tho.

Zafir

yea the voices are pretty cool, although I imagine dunban being voiced by the same guy as gurren lagann's kamina or something and that would be pretty beast

so far so good for the game, it feels a little too mmo-ish for my liking but I see those bits of xenogears and nier in it that are reeling me in
Yeah I mean my main gripe was it was a bit too MMOish. It's the same reason FFXII always put me off too. Which is hilarious because I've sunk years of my life into real MMO's. I still did really like Xenoblade though. My tip is to not go crazy with the side quests. I got burned out on the game thanks to doing every side quest I could come across and had to come back later.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
How is Dawn of War : Retribution for someone who won't play MP, just SP?

Totally worth that price. It's basically Company of Heroes with a Warhammer 40K makeover.
I have only played the first 2 Dow II games and enjoyed the campaign a lot, heard Retribution has the best SP of them all

Mugatu

images

Oh thank you! I've always struggled with this but have just given up and only use controller games on the TV.

Turfster

City traversal in Thi4f would be a lot more fun/less of a fucking chore if you didn't have to find that one window somewhere that splits up parts of the same 'area'.

Cosmonautica looks like it might become what I wanted from Redshirt.

I see what you did there.

That's what I was thinking but I was too tired to go find the original image.
Thanks for the laugh.

%D0%B2%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BA%D1%82-%D0%B8%D0%BD%D1%82%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%82-%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%81%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%86%D0%B0-795910.jpeg
Buy all the licensed games.

Nice reference!

Thanks for the info GAF, guess that game isn't for me sadly =P

Have some giveaways GAF!

Amazing giveaway!

You could use BPM, I suppose... my setup has a sofa table type piece of furniture under the TV which acts as a shelf for the DVR/PC/PS3/x360. Normally my wireless keyboard and mouse sit there. But I could move them to the coffee table if I wanted to use them from the couch or sometimes I use a TV Tray as a makeshift desk. But most of the time, I don't use them for actual gaming, so it's not a problem.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Haha, back in November I started maintaining a list, as a matter of fact:

Crossed-off titles are just those that I've bought and aren't necessarily unavailable.

Do you have a source document for this that lists all licensed titles on Steam, including those you already had in November? It's not so much that I'd aim to own them all, my use case is more about rebuying games I have and like on 360 but that I'd like to own on Steam so in a year or so when the 360 gets unplugged forever I still have the option of playing the game.

Freezard

Achievements in Super Meat Boy aren't working :( Oh well, got a total progress of 50%... I think that's enough. Too many rehashed levels to bother finishing it all.

Finally finished The Swapper, had two rooms left and was just too lazy to revisit it. Game was fantastic from start to finish and that ending was really powerful.

I just hope that Facepalm isn't handling the PS3/4/Vita port themselves, I want their next game ASAP.

FloatOn

Finally finished The Swapper, had two rooms left and was just too lazy to revisit it. Game was fantastic from start to finish and that ending was really powerful.

I just hope that Facepalm isn't handling the PS3/4/Vita port themselves, I want their next game ASAP.

I installed that this morning. I'm hoping to get to it soon. How long did it take for you to beat it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom