• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
it wasn't greenlit, simply
or I didn't get what your question is

Sure it has been.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=105716878

My question is if anyone knows whats the status? I can not access twitter right now to ask Rockin Android so maybe Rockin Android stated something about it there.

Loadout is from Edge Of Reality and MNC is from Uber Entertainment. I thought MNC was just co-op and SMNC was the MOBA-style game?

Both were MOBA-style Games, but MNC focuses more on the gunplay, SMNC more on the MOBA-part.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Thanks for this. I was interested in this and got bummed out by the bad reviews. Glad to see its still worth trying out.

Of course, I was a bit worried about it before-hand as well, but I know from experience to try something before I write-something off, as some titles are definitely bad games, but also enjoyable bad games (things that come to my head are things like Michigan: Report From Hell and Mizurna Falls, which is Deadly Premonition-before-Deadly Premonition).

This game doesn't strike me as a bad game, but it is probably a B-Tier or C-Tier horror game that shows its flaws outright (animations being one big thing of mention, though ironically the zombies being so stiff makes them look like... Zombies.). I'm also happy I stuck through the Graveyard section bit that was probably longer than it should of been. My suggestion when you get there is to save regularly (the game crashed here for me a couple times) and save your antidotes for later. Also on your way out of the graveyard, just avoid the zombies. Its easy enough to avoid them once you have all your item collecting and backtracking taken care of.

But the Mansion area after it has actually been pretty good so far, so I'm happy I didn't rage quit when I hadn't saved for an hour and my game crashed... XD; They need to work on the crashing issue, it's crashed for me three times so far in my 6-7 hours.

Here's a few screens for those of the location I currently am at in the game. The game isn't fantastic looking, but some of the settings are fairly pretty (taken from a video recording I was doing, so not the best quality shots).

Black_Soul1.png
Black_Soul2.png
Black_Soul3.png
Black_Soul4.png
Black_Soul5.png

aku:jiki

Ah shit, I was sure it wasn't used. Hang on a second, I will send you a working key via PM.
A shcolar and a gentleman! I now have Fortix 2 in my library.

Btw. anyone knows whats the status of Suguri Collection? It has been greenlit for about half a year, but no one on the greenlight page (Rockin Android) seemed to even acknowledge that.
There's a fairly unenlightening comment by Rockin Android at the bottom of the page (says they're still working on it). I'd like to see that release too... Shmups are sorely lacking on Steam.

A shcolar and a gentleman! I now have Fortix 2 in my library.

There's a fairly unenlightening comment by Rockin Android at the bottom of the page (says they're still working on it). I'd like to see that release too... Shmups are sorely lacking on Steam.

I just saw it...
I must be blind not to see it:

"Hi everyone - yes, just working on some bugs, we're on it! :)"

Btw. this Game wasnt really a SHMUP was it? I played it on Desura before and IIRC it was like a shmup-fighting-game.

maty

So jealous of all the people in my friend list playing South Park, wish I could join in but money is short this month.
World cup tickets were not cheap ;)

On a different matter, I finished Rogue Legacy and now I only need to defeat the neo bosses to get all achievements, FUCK those bosses.

Great game but I don't think it was the best of 2013. I still put Spelunky, The Swapper and Guacamelee above it.

kind of a weird question, but does anyone know of games on steam that deal with capitalism directly or indirectly? stuff like cart life, papers please, recettear.

dxhc99

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FEZ -- MB-D9CEF675D5BB42C2

Nzyme32

Hey guys, remember OnLive? A little birdie once again tells me that it's going to get an integration with Steam, for a monthly payment you could play all your steam games from the cloud, with big picture support and what have you, even the friend list would carry over apparently.

That's curious if true. Gabe Newell has been against cloud gaming pretty much since it started.

He claims that any service like that will inevitably collapse under its own success as it puts latency compensation in the wrong place. He sees a place for it as a feature for things like demos or spectation, but not a core architechture - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeYxKIDGh8I&feature=share&t=9m43s

Based on those thoughts, it could work depending on how it gets used

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh lord... arkham knight is a thing and I still haven't played arkham origins

what do

1) Buy Arkham Knight
2) Buy Arkham Knight: GOTY Edition

Edit: Scamco has added the community_visible_stats flag to Dark Souls. It is only useful if, at the very least, there are Steamworks stats (such as those in Episode Two) or Steamworks achievements.

FloatOn

Is there going to be an ultimate edition for origins? I'll probably wait for that

yeah, I'm not in a rush to play origins or knight for that matter.

as cool as driving around in the batmobile sounds I really hope the city is a little bit better designed than what we found in arkham city.

yogloo

That's curious if true. Gabe Newell has been against cloud gaming pretty much since it started.

He claims that any service like that will inevitably collapse under its own success as it puts latency compensation in the wrong place. He sees a place for it as a feature for things like demos or spectation, but not a core architechture - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeYxKIDGh8I&feature=share&t=9m43s

Based on those thoughts, it could work depending on how it gets used

Gabe needs to lose some weight. Watching him panting while talking makes me feel uncomfortable.

Hey guys, remember OnLive? A little birdie once again tells me that it's going to get an integration with Steam, for a monthly payment you could play all your steam games from the cloud, with big picture support and what have you, even the friend list would carry over apparently.

But I already bought a real copy of all the OnLive games I had. Has the streaming improved at all? I feel silly for having played those games via streaming, it's a very inferior experience.

Zia

Edit: Scamco has added the community_visible_stats flag to Dark Souls. It is only useful if, at the very least, there are Steamworks stats (such as those in Episode Two) or Steamworks achievements.

Man! It would've been nice if they got their shit together on DS before the release of Dark Souls II.

Did anyone else get a fuckton of games randomly added to their library for installation? Most seem to be MMOs/FTP titles like Star Trek Online, AirMech, and Dota 2, but there's stuff like Serious Sam HD, Shadow Warrior Classic, and PC Gamer(?) In there too.

Levyne

Banned
Did anyone else get a fuckton of games randomly added to their library for installation? Most seem to be MMOs/FTP titles like Star Trek Online, AirMech, and Dota 2, but there's stuff like Serious Sam HD, Shadow Warrior Classic, and PC Gamer(?) In there too.

Everyone using beta client release I think

Typing of the Dead: Overkill – Thou Filthy Love Collection

• The Typing of the Dead: Overkill
  • Typing of The Dead: Overkill Shakespeare DLC
  • Typing of The Dead: Overkill Filth DLC
  • Typing of The Dead: Overkill Love at First Bite DLC
66% off of $24.99

$8.49

The only DLC missing in that pack is the newly released Silver Screen DLC. If you add that to your cart, you are applicable for the 20% off coupon since you are paying over $10.

OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1

With the game and all DLCs in the cart, your total would be:

$9.20

Nzyme32

A bug in the beta client adds a bunch of f2p titles into your library, about 80 odd titles. Switch back to normal client if it bothers you, otherwise wait for a patch I guess

Fox318

A bug in the beta client adds a bunch of f2p titles into your library, about 80 odd titles. Switch back to normal client if it bothers you, otherwise wait for a patch I guess

I actually like it. There are some F2P games that I wouldn't mind going back to but I don't have them installed all of the time.

milena87

ArjanN

Typing of the Dead: Overkill – Thou Filthy Love Collection

• The Typing of the Dead: Overkill
  • Typing of The Dead: Overkill Shakespeare DLC
  • Typing of The Dead: Overkill Filth DLC
  • Typing of The Dead: Overkill Love at First Bite DLC
66% off of $24.99

$8.49

The only DLC missing in that pack is the newly released Silver Screen DLC. Great deal and better than the Amazon deal in my opinion.

I like they can keep making money on that game just by putting out more sets of words/phrases.

This is really tempting. I might buy them :)

I like they can keep making money on that game just by putting out more sets of words/phrases.

I updated my original post to make this near impossible to miss out on as you can get the new DLC for dirt cheap too.

EDIT: I'll add it here for people on the new page.

The only DLC missing in that pack is the newly released Silver Screen DLC. If you add that to your cart, you are applicable for the 20% off coupon since you are paying over $10.

OQE4LG-WEQPSE-SMCME1

With the game and all DLCs in the cart, your total would be:

$9.20

Parsnip

That's... promising? Right?

Clearly the reason why they are still cagey about the DkS2 PC date is because the PC focused team at From is hard at work on DkS Steamworks conversion. Right? Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom