• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
That trailer has sold me...on the idea of never buying that game in a million years.

Yikes, that was an annoying trailer.

Good to hear that the game's coming to Steam, though.

That was the most AWESOME trailer since DYAD.
I wanted the game before.
Now I absolutely must buy it day 1.

SOUND EFFECTS WHEN CHARACTERS DO THINGS!
SIGN ME UP!

There's a beta:
http://www.thebehemoth.com/beta

I posted that Dark Souls update two pages ago. You all need to take me off ignore. :p

Ah. Could be the actual Doom 4 app.

I didn't understand whatever you said. Something about communities and dark souls 2. :(

Jawmuncher

Probably already posted in here but it's so great I don't care if it was.
aBKX4OP_700b.jpg

Perfectly sums up what's so great about Dark Souls.

PriitV

Guys, all of you pining for Steamworks Dark Souls... You are aware that if it came to be, you'd be VAC-banned for using DSFix?

That's only if assuming the online experience would be VAC-enabled, if not, then no vac-bans would come of it.

Tower of Guns is out!

Some games can be neatly categorized into a genre. Others encompass so many elements that a single genre can't contain them. Tower of Guns is one of the latter. Mix a twitchy FPS, a roguelike, and some bullet hell in a steampunk blender and you'd get the wild frenetic Tower of Guns.

Pick your gun, pick your perk, and go. Skills and reflexes are your only allies once you enter the fast frantic world of Tower of Guns. Blowing away enemies drops health and weapons upgrades; getting hurt not only damages you but also reduces the level of your weapon. Evasion and quick aiming is key to survival.

And you'll need every extra weapon boost, mod, power up, item, and as much loot as you can acquire to survive the chaotic onslaught that awaits you within the titular Tower. Each playthrough offers randomized levels and enemies to blast away and the chaos only increases with each room. Dozens of bullets, ricocheting saw blades, cannon balls, hovering drones, rolling spiked balls, and more relentlessly attack en masse. Luckily with the right perks and power ups, you can be a triple jumping badass wielding a mine throwing shotgun who doesn't take fall damage. Enough to survive? Maybe...

I also highly recommend One Finger Death Punch

It's probably one of the addictive games I've played in a while. Don't be put off by the style (looks great and fluid in motion) or the simple controls. Well it's only two buttons, OFDP isn't a brawler and it's not easy. It's a game on timing, reflexes, and skill. Perfecting a round requires utmost focus; simply mashing buttons will only get hit, damaged, and see the fight speed slow. Between the myriad combat animations and fight style, numerous skills to unlock, various game modes, OFDP makes you feel like a kung fu badass despite its minimal controls.
iboTAjxLwGjvTT.gif

nampad

Desura keys

ModBot said:
Instructions for nampad:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Humble Bundle 2 -- MB-4FC4E4061B4460E4 - Taken by Madridista. 6 entrants total.
Humble Bundle 3 -- MB-99D05A1F1B27BDAE - Taken by zeroOman. 7 entrants total.
Humble Bundle 2 #2 -- MB-95F37B1119F3289A - Taken by 2n2. 6 entrants total.

t1393965501z1.png

Humble Bundle 2:
Braid
Cortex Command
Machinarium
Osmos
Revenge of the Titans

Humble BUndle 3:
And Yet It Moves
Atom Zombie Smasher
Cogs
Crayon Physics
Hammerfight
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
VVVVVV

HoosTrax

Guys, all of you pining for Steamworks Dark Souls... You are aware that if it came to be, you'd be VAC-banned for using DSFix?
Or the person who's adding Steamworks to Dark Souls and presumably has access to the code could just update the graphics to make dsfix unnecessary.

Probably never happen...

Just like all those confirmed GFWL bans for using it, right? ;)

That's only if assuming the online experience would be VAC-enabled, if not, then no vac-bans would come of it.

That's also assuming you're unlocking the framerate, I think.
I don't know much about VAC bans though... but having a patch to fix resolution really shouldn't flag it and VAC has issues if it does. Now if you go online while having the framerate bumped to 60fps? That's a different story.

Grief.exe

Interesting, the Ace Combat and Dark Souls apps were updated within minutes of each other. Same team working on both?

6t5x4Wa.png

Or the person who's adding Steamworks to Dark Souls and presumably has access to the code could just update the graphics to make dsfix unnecessary.

Probably never happen...

They might as well, all of the 'code gurus' on GAF say updating resolution in DX9 applications is trivial.

Probably already posted in here but it's so great I don't care if it was.
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/aBKX4OP_700b.jpg[IMG]

Perfectly sums up what's so great about Dark Souls.[/QUOTE]

Well I haven't seen it before so thanks for posting. I am yet to play DS [it's in my backlog but I'm afraid to start it as I'm afraid it will consume me like XCOM and FTL have recently and I'm not sure I'm ready for that degree of [s]dedication[/s] obsession again just yet] but that sums up one of my misgivings about AAA mainstream games quite nicely :).

[quote="Backlogger, post: 103136903"]I feel like I finally need to get Dark Souls (the first one). I'm not too late to the party am I?[/QUOTE]

Well if you are then so am I so we can keep each other company :).

EDIT - my impression is that it's the sort of game that will age very well/is a classic, so there's no rush to get to it. You know, like RE4, despite what some Steam users may say *facepalm*.

Probably never happen...

Yeah, I thought they would have already integrated it already. I haven't played it because of GFWL but I've played Demon Souls so I may skip it and play Dark Souls 2.

RuinKaos

Lots of old bundle keys:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 35 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dynamite Jack -- MB-EF00EEC69984583F - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 1 entrants total.
Beast Boxing Turbo -- MB-4EDE23FF7C6B770C - Taken by alr1ght. 6 entrants total.
Deponia -- MB-24057ECE55E712A1 - Taken by Anteater. 5 entrants total.
Sang-Froid Tales of Werewolves -- MB-77678498B796FE97 - Taken by Jiggaloboy. 7 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-8EB68DC12B53199A - Taken by spindoctor. 1 entrants total.
Bastion -- MB-6D059E8C64B04437 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt. 1 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-03785A211E594B8C - Taken by FOX_. 2 entrants total.
Where Angels Cry -- MB-FCA42804F2D6266A - Taken by YianGaruga. 7 entrants total.
Anodyne -- MB-975679F15CC613FA - Taken by Evrain. 1 entrants total.
Legends of Dawn -- MB-829693AB9CFF96AA - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate -- MB-EB251485FA99BE91 - Taken by Kuroyume. 8 entrants total.
Oniken -- MB-5DB6960B08304217 - Taken by EdmondD. 5 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-C357E30858E572AC
Rush Bros -- MB-BCD1FECE618AE3DA
Ravensword Shadowlands -- MB-2B4287B17A7497C1 - Taken by FauX. 1 entrants total.
eXceed Gun Bullet Children -- MB-CDB23DF998720EFC - Taken by Ingueferroque. 2 entrants total.
Knights of Pen and Paper -- MB-2B89A5E6487DD015 - Taken by Seraphis Cain. 4 entrants total.
Edna & Harvey Harvey's New Eyes -- MB-73491C1A3B4E57AA - Taken by bronson. 1 entrants total.
Deadly Premonition The Director's Cut -- MB-D7F9A9E7EA8412C7 - Taken by thrillho. 12 entrants total.
Finding Teddy -- MB-BE54CD31A72A76A0 - Taken by PandaPedinte. 2 entrants total.
Batman Arkham City GOTY -- MB-EB292FCD0292B684 - Taken by adriano999. 1 entrants total.
Viscera Cleanup Detail Santa's Rampage -- MB-3871B261094B92AF
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-15994982C1B2DA7A - Taken by BorntoPlay. 2 entrants total.
Guardians of Middle-earth and Smaug's Treasure DLC -- MB-C3C4F820D6FAEF04
Naval War Arctic Circle -- MB-FBAB771957E10750
Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-4737D80866630E39 - Taken by Annubis. 1 entrants total.
Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY -- MB-89F183D8AB1AEBD1 - Taken by Garcia. 5 entrants total.
Ether Vapor Remaster -- MB-F84BD57D7C634648 - Taken by aku:jiki. 1 entrants total.
Pid -- MB-8629F66BD095F85C - Taken by Alduin. 1 entrants total.
System Shock 2 -- MB-79A5787FDA5D100E - Taken by The_Super_Inframan. 8 entrants total.
Shank 2 -- MB-75A0D3ECB0C5587B - Taken by Sub Zero. 2 entrants total.
Ticket to Ride -- MB-CE54B9D0F5326208 - Taken by Krystof Koreni. 4 entrants total.
Two Worlds II -- MB-7776958ACEF47262 - Taken by Mugatu. 4 entrants total.
LIMBO -- MB-C37528346DCAA342
Darkest Hour A Hearts of Iron Game -- MB-6AE3B56A8879B4A2 - Taken by Myshkin. 1 entrants total.

t1394041912z1.png

_hekk05

Banned
Hexcells might be my first and only game where I got all achievements. :lol

It's pretty great, like a mix between Minesweeper and Picross.

Aw hell no, I'm sorry. I can offer you any of the following from past Humble Bundles

Oooo. Your generosity astounds me. May I have FTL please?

Kiru

I gifted my Dark Souls copy to my brother a few days ago... still haven't played it myself, figured it might be a great present. I would need a better PC anyway. :/

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im sure its super old, but I dont care! One Way Heroics and Where Angels Cry keys added to indieroyale debut bundle 8

Turfster

Daily Puddle 66% off
Midweek
  • The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 66% off (DLC discounted too! It's a miracle!)
  • Walking Dead Season 2 33% off

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I really like One Way Heroics, so here's a key

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

One Way Heroics- -- MB-19A09239576C38B5 - Taken by bronson. 30 entrants total.

t1393966763z1.png

Hmm, what to play now that I've finished Mark of the Ninja? Really enjoyed it, the mechanics were brilliant - wouldn't mind something a bit more light hearted though.

Technically I could unlock South Park a few days before the official EU release, but I'm almost enjoying the anticipation. It'd suck to end up finishing the game before it's even officially out here.

Guacamelee is being left for a bit because I got a bit fed up with some of the platforming, so I'll restart it again sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom