• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if I use a VPN to unlock South Park, will I have trouble starting it up again when I turn Steam back online to download the Walking Dead episode 7 tonight? Or can I just, once I'm done with that, restart the VPN, go back offline, and play some more SP?

Ban Puncher

This is the second time I've had to return my Corsair K70 keyboard because of dead LEDs and it's not even three months since the initial purchase. What a piece of shit.

And South Park still hasn't unlocked.

tumblr_ms4b2ovt181r0w2weo1_250.gif

3-1 is really fun once you learn the trick.
Jailers don't hear very well and turn very slowly
, so just
wait out of sight for them to turn around, then sprint up behind them and backstab

How often do you find yourself switching from one machine to another? I'm curious what the demographic of "I only have one PC" users is.

The jailers aren't much of a problem, it's mainly the setting. It feels like I'm walking through something out of Saw when I'm exploring the cells.

Much appreciated! So many promising games out there.

I'm sure both of you have already heard of FRACT OSC, but for those who don't: you should definitely check it out. It looks sick! :O

If you want to truly go vintage you should play the Kings Field series.

I'm pretty sure I'd be ranting and raging the same way you do right now, but I won't be playing Thief anytime soon, lol.

Just wait until tomorrow when HIB 12 gets released, xD.

Wow, that is old school! It looks like I'll be firing up my PSP soon.

Vlad

Btw. can anyone give me any tips for Risk of Rain. I still dont really get the Game and dont know what to do.

Well, by "what to do", I don't know if you mean the general goal or general strategy, so here goes:

General goal: Find the teleporter in each level, activate the teleporter, survive the waves of enemies and boss(es), proceed to the next level, repeat until dead or end credits roll.

General strategy: As others have said, the game gets harder the longer you play, so don't spend too long on any given level. While it's tempting to spend the time getting all the items, it can often take so long that the difficulty shoots up two levels by the time you've moved on to the next level.

Take a look at the list of achievments (the in-game ones, not the Steam ones) and try to do some of them. Each one unlocks an item or a character, and a lot of those items are extremely helpful. Most of the achievments aren't too tough to get, either.

When you get to the second to the last level read the button prompt for the teleporter carefully. For some silly reason, the developers decided to make the same button you've been using the entire game to advance to the next level the "loop back to the start of the game" button. To actually move to the last level, you have to push an entirely different button. You'll know which level it is due to the different look of the teleporter.

Parsnip

Why would anyone use cloud saves is beyond me.
If you desperately need a save backup, just use Game Save Manager and set it up to upload daily/weekly to either your webserver or Dropbox or whatever.

It's not so much that I need save backup, but the feature just kind of was there so I enabled it. Couldn't hurt, right?

:\ Wrong.

But I actually have set up GameSave Manager since then. Just in case.

Copons

After 10+ hours of Tomb Raider 2013 I'd say that it's a good game but it's easiness and it being completely guided it's kinda annoying.

Not only using the "sixth sense" shows a gigantic pillar of light marking your destination, and this marker it's always at most 5m far from you, so you cannot get lost even if you really try your hardest.

Not only every single interactive area of the game is painted phosphorescent white, just in case you could miss them at night.

But it's the astonishing fact that a couple of times enemies committed suicide because I went beyond the fighting room.
Like (no spoiler, really), there is this building full of bad guys between the beach and the ship, and you have to climb it and exit through the roof, where you find a bonfire.
Well, I run avoiding bullets and whatnot and the very moment I emerged from the roof I hear from behind a grenade exploding and plenty of agony screams. I turn around and every single enemy I left behind was dead and lootable. Yeah, well, what the fuck? :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is Vietcong really not available digitally anywhere?

Nope. Fun history lesson: it was published by Gathering of Developers (now-defunct 2K subsidiary) and co-developed by two developers who later became one entity and later still became 2K Czech, so the game is entirely owned by 2K. The company is just sitting on it (and the sequel) for some reason.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

One Way Heroics -- MB-0B64A820DD20A158 - Taken by nicjac. 45 entrants total.

t1393951193z1.png

good luck :)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oh god, Vanguard Princess is GARBAGE. On top of all the other myriad reasons it's garbage, why would you bind movement in a fighting game to the analog stick and have no way to change it to the d-pad? FUCK.

episode 2 out today I believe

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Walking Dead Season 2- -- MB-CEF3E6351ABBBBB9 - Taken by Diedac. 59 entrants total.

t1393951553z1.png

Arthea

Panty shots are always worth the download.

you feel like living this legend of yours to the bittersweet end, don't you? (><)

Oh god, Vanguard Princess is GARBAGE. On top of all the other myriad reasons it's garbage, why would you bind movement in a fighting game to the analog stick and have no way to change it to the d-pad? FUCK.

wait, you can't change controls at all? can you map them to a keyboard?

Not spares but I have no intention of ever playing these. No offense to the developers.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Where Angels Cry -- MB-0392C0900C50A87C - Taken by nature boy
Love -- MB-2358F198EA1CC1D3 - Taken by mannerbot
Hero Siege -- MB-A94C86F01B6A0774 - Taken by Japle

Will post some more later if I'm 100% sure that they're unused.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
you feel like living this legend of yours to the bittersweet end, don't you? (><)

wait, you can't change controls at all? can you map them to a keyboard?

You can change the action buttons, but not the movement controls. And I'm not sure why you'd want to, but yeah, you can use keyboard controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom