• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evrain

I wonder however, can't Namco just go the Avalanche Studios route? Instead of expecting us to apply DSFix, just contact the author and implement it into the game's official code.

At times, I wish Steam would add a Greenlight for patches and unofficial fixes

JustinBB7

At times, I wish Steam would add a Greenlight for patches and unofficial fixes

This would actually be pretty cool, having Dark Souls on steam come standard with DSfix, DScfix and DSmfix would be awesome.

And Vampire: Bloodlines with the unofficial patch.

All my endings in The Yawhg felt like bad ends, and the text descriptions are depressing or/and horrific.

I wouldn't say its worth $8 due to its nature but it's a good 'take a break game' since each playthrough can end in like 30 minutes or less.

We've had one "amazing" ending where the town ends up even better than it started and everyone ends up in a very happy place, a few "good" endings where things end up OK but the individual endings are kind of bittersweet, and a few "terrible" endings where everything goes to hell.

One thing I do like is how choices can ripple through; if the leeches get out, for example, they can pop up *anywhere*, even weeks later, sometimes when you least expect it. Or how certain chains can result in areas of the town getting completely destroyed a few weeks in, etc.

$8 feels about right if you've got a few people to play it with (that's..what.... 2 beers? and it's not as good playing it alone), but in the wacky world of PC Steam Sale pricing and whatnot where indies need to be a buck or two and AAAs are going for $10-15 it might feel high. I can also imagine them releasing this as an iPad app very soon for $3 or $4.

I feel a lame Humble Bundle coming up. Either an Android one, or one of those music or eBook ones.

As someone who's suddenly rediscovered enjoyment from reading, I'd actually love an eBook one :p

But I can't imagine it'll be a very big one, it's only been 2 weeks since 11 launched.

PriitV

Somebody needs to hit the switch on TWD Season 2 episode 2 :/
I feel like I should get the russian copy of it for 6 eurobux instead of leeching from family sharing.

iyveNbL.jpg

Now that all the codes have gone to good fellow GAFer's homes backlogs, what should I do with the actual physical copies?

Are they of any use to anyone or should I just bin them?

I'm loathe to waste anything so any bright ideas would be welcome :).

Panda Rin

today's been a really exciting day for Steam-related news. Gabe AMA, Batman, Battleblock Theater, Southpark, and the new WD episode.

mmmmmmmmhmmmm.

Dr Dogg

Now that all the codes have gone to good fellow GAFer's homes backlogs, what should I do with the actual physical copies?

I've got 6 copies of Prey propping my printer up so it doesn't shoot paper halfway across the office. Seams like they did have a use after all.

Dipper145

How well does this play with a pad? All those loot games look to be just made with gamepad in mind, but most of them support only m+kb.

I played through it completely with the xbox gamebad, it worked pretty well in my opinion, obviously with loot games theres lots of stuff to click. The menus take some time to get used to, and there was a bug for me where to progress through the game I had to switch to a mouse and keyboard to activate an elevator/lift thing. Other then that the gamepad worked fine.

The bugs throughout the game in general were a little frustrating, but I'm not sure what its like now a days.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Apparently the service will be named Cloudlift and at launch few select games will be accessible.
There's a google cache of the support forums - http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...?8-OnLive-CloudLift-Games&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1
That's pretty interesting. Looks like a competitor to Playstation Now, which would be nice to have.

You now have a very exclusive set of coasters :)

Confession time. I actually don't mind playing vanilla Dark Souls PC at all, the only thing making me use DSFix is the intro logo skipping. Having to go through Bamco's stupid Sonic Drive-In logo every time I want to reload a save file is enough to make me loopy. That's the one aspect that's somehow not in parity with the console version.

wazoo

It is good to see Dark Souls and Ace Combat being updated, I was not expecting much from a japanese publisher (already happy to have the games on steam).

We were supposed to get new versions of Dirt on New Year day, no ? Or the year was not specified ? We are already in march.

Dr Dogg

All good and tempting suggestions so far but

is a negatory I'm afraid as I'm in the UK and Game won't accept trade-ins for pc games. Fancy that! :p

Besides that would be dishonourable! :mad:

Actually they are still playable without having to tie them to a Steam account so if you've got a CEX by you they might take them...

and give you about 20p for the lot. Plus I'm not too fond of the clientèle in my local one.

rtcn63

1) Find a beach, possibly a sexually appealing one
2) Bury the copies
3) Wait

Grief.exe

Confession time. I actually don't mind playing vanilla Dark Souls PC at all, the only thing making me use DSFix is the intro logo skipping. Having to go through Bamco's stupid Sonic Drive-In logo every time I want to reload a save file is enough to make me loopy. That's the one aspect that's somehow not in parity with the console version.

After downsampling the game while playing at 60 FPS, I don't think I could go back.

I want to play Dark Souls but I'm concerned if they do the switch to steamworks soon it would render my save useless (if not erased!). What about other games that did the conversion lately? Were your saves and progress intact after the switch?

I looked at the Riptide GP2 steam page and wish there were some nice water racing games like Hydro Thunder and Wave Racer on the pc. I have Hydro Thunder on the 360 and dug it but I sure would love a suped up fancy looking water racer on the pc.

rtcn63

I want to play Dark Souls but I'm concerned if they do the switch to steamworks soon it would render my save useless (if not erased!). What about other games that did the conversion lately? Were your saves and progress intact after the switch?

I recall Batman owners having their saves sent to the wild blue depths post-conversion. Is there no way to back up GFWL saves?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
We were supposed to get new versions of Dirt on New Year day, no ? Or the year was not specified ? We are already in march.

"The New Year" just means "early 2014" rather than NYD in particular. We're still in Q1 for another few weeks so Codemasters has some time left. ;)

fantomena

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Bridge it Plus -- MB-C511BF6A8E80C8B0 - Taken by wazoo
Skyscraper Simulator -- MB-71B8D02BB0D5EA60 - Taken by The-Bean
Ship Simulator Extremes -- MB-D5E1E49EDAC37E56 - Taken by zeroOman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom