• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

_hekk05

Banned
I wanna make a prediction for GDC, MS will announce DX12 to Win8+ platforms only, Halo 1~3 HD will come to Steam, Halo 1~3 HD will be DX12 compatible only.

You wish. MS will announce Win 9. DX12 will be exclusive to Win 9. Halo 1~3HD will only be available through the windows store. Halo 1~3HD will support DX 9.0c and 11 only.

Top lel

Hasney

I wanna make a prediction for GDC, MS will announce DX12 to Win8+ platforms only, Halo 1~3 HD will come to Steam, Halo 1~3 HD will be DX12 compatible only.

But doesn't actually use any DX12 features and is hacked to run as low as Windows XP within the day.

Knurek

I wanna make a prediction for GDC, MS will announce DX12 to Win8+ platforms only

If they do that, we'll have another DX10 situation on our hands - every game dev will just stick with DX11.

Who, other than MS, would ignore 75% of potential audience?

I would buy/do whatever needed to be done to play Halo 1,2, and 3 HD on PC. I already have Windows 8.1 so hopefully that's enough, but if they seriously want to compete with Mantle then they really need to have it support W7 as well.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, how can a town on a distant planet be russian? Did they manage to reveal the twist in the sales blurb?

I think you are confused. The astronaut is exploring a distant planet, and somehow stumbles upon something that shouldn't be possible; a Russian town on the aformentioned alien planet. The story revolves around the player unraveling the mystery of how a human town ended up there.

I actually am very happy that the game has reappeared. I thought it had been lost forever in development hell.

derExperte

Dupy, stop making giveaways when I'm sleeping! ;___________;

We need a Euro-Dupy.

I can see that happening, unfortunately

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775217

Graham Sellers (AMD), Tim Foley (Intel), Cass Everitt (NVIDIA) and John McDonald (NVIDIA) will present high-level concepts available in today's OpenGL implementations that radically reduce driver overhead--by up to 10x or more. The techniques presented will apply to all major vendors and are suitable for use across multiple platforms

While OpenGL is no real competition right now for PC gaming I can't see MS ignoring this.

I see this happening.

I would be fine with it, I just want to replay teh Haloez.

I hope they release Reach and ODST too. They can keep 4.

Turfster

What's so unfortunate about Microsoft wanting to sell new software for new software features?
Never forget 'Vista only' directX 10
Regardless, it's a bonehead move because limiting it to an underserved platform will only cost people that implement it money from all the sales they lose by not offering it to the larger userbase... and if the new features are only for a small percentage of the users, why waste time and money even implementing them?

derExperte

What's so unfortunate about Microsoft wanting to sell new software for new software features?

My guess is it will come with Threshold next year.

I've become a fan of W8 and so theoretically wouldn't be affected but 7 still has a much larger user base and the bigger the number of the people who can profit from DX12 the higher the incentive for game makers to support it.

Arthea

My guess is it will come with Threshold next year.

Inspite of many people warming to W8, some don't like it, and some won't move to it, or moved back to W7.
This situation is very similar to Vista one.

I've become a fan of W8 and so theoretically wouldn't be affected but 7 still has a much larger user base and the bigger the number of the people who can profit from DX12 the higher the incentive for game makers to support it.

on unrelated note, you do like your pinball, don't you?
I've played some yesterday and some highscores there!
I was wondering, how long took 80 mln run? an hour? (><)

the Epic Quest Table is interesting, BTW

Jawmuncher

Is Binary Domain worth $3.74? Looking at Amazon reviews they say there are issues with controller support?

Definitely worth the price. When I played there was no issues with controller support on my end. How recent is the review pretty sure a patch fixed that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Im sure its old news by now but South Park is fucking awesome, the amount of (good) fanservice is amazing

Hasney

Im sure its old news by now but South Park is fucking awesome, the amount of (good) fanservice is amazing

It really is. I've ended up blasting through it as I couldn't put it down and think I got every friend. Will probably play it again in about 6 months or so.

Arthea

It really is. I've ended up blasting through it as I couldn't put it down and think I got every friend. Will probably play it again in about 6 months or so.

you already finished it? Is it that short?
How's gameplay? Would I like it, if I don't like South Park itself?

What was the one with 80? Spider-Man? Thing is, some of the scores look insane at first but the longer you play, the faster you get points and a few of the tables are very easy (some say too easy and I agree a little bit) so it's really only a matter of endurance.

PvZ table today! Can't wait. :)
Don't remember which one it was, but not Spider-Man.
I have only half of tables and of those I tried, none seemed too easy, but then again I played very little so far.

derExperte

on unrelated note, you do like your pinball, don't you?
I've played some yesterday and some highscores there!
I was wondering, how long took 80 mln run? an hour? (><)

the Epic Quest Table is interesting, BTW

What was the one with 80? Spider-Man? Thing is, some of the scores look insane at first but the longer you play, the faster you get points and a few of the tables are very easy (some say too easy and I agree a little bit) so it's really only a matter of endurance.

PvZ table today! Can't wait. :)

I heard 15 hours max even when doing everything. And after watching the GB Quick Look I wouldn't recommend it to someone that doesn't like the SP humor as that's the main draw.

Anteater

gtaiv_2014_03_06_19_2xricd.jpg

The game is fixed! Still runs like shit but it looks good now at least.

Night time is too dark though :(

and omg the melee in this game

The pop ups are kind of bad, at first I thought it was the view distance so I keep messing with the settings but turns out the stuff pops in and out no matter how high I set it to.

Hasney

Gameplay is a very simple RPG, it was very easy to get myself overpowered and I would only recommend it to South Park fans
especially if you're adverse to fighting zombie nazi fetuses

I wouldn't say it's short, probably put 20 hours or so into it. It's just that I couldn't put it down at all.

Divius

Finished Dishonored. The ending was incredibly underwhelming but it was a fun ride overall. I did not use half the weapons/powers in the game, mostly stuck to sneaking around, which means maybe I should replay it 'guns blazing' but honestly I can't be bothered. I will check out the DLC though.

I see there's 3 DLCs, which one should I start with?

Milamber

Finished Dishonored. The ending was incredibly underwhelming but it was a fun ride overall. I did not use half the weapons/powers in the game, mostly stuck to sneaking around, which means maybe I should replay it 'guns blazing' but honestly I can't be bothered. I will check out the DLC though.

Don't play Trials since no story, don't play Witches cause it's the second part of Knife. Play Knife first.

Turfster

The Trials is just that, trials, and can be safely ignored.
Knife of Dunwall and Witches form 2 parts of the same story, so start with Knife.

Arthea

I heard 15 hours max even when doing everything. And after watching the GB Quick Look I wouldn't recommend it to someone that doesn't like the SP humor as that's the main draw.

Gameplay is a very simple RPG, it was very easy to get myself overpowered and I would only recommend it to South Park fans
especially if you're adverse to fighting zombie nazi fetuses

I wouldn't say it's short, probably put 20 hours or so into it. It's just that I couldn't put it down at all.

Thought so, was still expecting for it to be a good RPG.
Will wait till ~$5 price then, for +1 game count.

Knurek

Thing is, combined W8+W8.1 market share is currently at, uhh, 8%, and despite all MS efforts it's not rising. For god's sake, XP has 4 times as much market share.
What's the point of adding all those features if more then 9/10th of potential customers will not be able to use them?

Hasney

Thing is, combined W8+W8.1 market share is currently at, uhh, 8%, and despite all MS efforts it's not rising. For god's sake, XP has 4 times as much market share.
What's the point of adding all those features if more then 9/10th of potential customers will not be able to use them?

Because they want to incentive that rise. Not saying that it would, but that would be behind the thinking if they did it.

The low chaos ending is very tame. You should check out Youtube for the high chaos one. Far more dramatic and entertaining.

Void walker is just challenge maps, try Knife of Dunwall first, then Brigmore Witches.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I love that Gearbox is releasing the originals and the remasters. Please do the same with Halo: CE/Halo: CEA and Halo 2/Halo 2: A, Microsoft.

Edit: F1 2013 is now a SteamPlay title (PC + Mac).

Shahadan

Probably already mentionned here but Nuuvem is selling Tropico 4 Collectors Edition (which I think includes all DLCs and the Modern Times xpac) for nine brazilian bucks, so 3&#8364;28 for me, and probably somewhere around that in dollars.
This is goddamn cheap.

Speaking of which, why don't we have a Nuuvem thread for these kind of things?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom