• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

Think I need to skip buying Shift 2, Marc Ecko and other games which goes on sale during the next weeks since the Stean Indie Spring Sale is probably gonna start 20. march.

WB can't deny that October date now, even Steam has said it along with everyone else.

Agreed. As far as I can tell, Valve never put a release date for a game if they are not 100% sure it's true.

Jawmuncher

ASUS boxes until recently had some of the most bizarre packaging. I do wonder if their marketing department really think that people who drop £400-£500 on a graphics card are really into dragons and space marines.

Fake edit: I mean come on...

I've had so many GPU's with child-like fantasy art boxes in the past that wouldn't look out of place in Toys 'R' Us. There's some serious scope there for a thread, looking back at them through the ages.

Yeah I need to do some digging on those boxes and ads. You're right though it's funny how until recently they thought a fantasy character or some scifi female was all they needed to sell a GFX card. Wonder what the thought process was for that since if I recall I think every GFX card company is guilty of it.

And that game still chugs on modern hardware, if you jack up the draw distance enough using unofficial patches.

That's definitely something. I have played the game in ages. I just might have to soon though. Since I know a lot of the unofficial patches go a long way in improving it from it's original release.

ASUS boxes until recently had some of the most bizarre packaging. I do wonder if their marketing department really think that people who drop £400-£500 on a graphics card are really into dragons and space marines.

Fake edit: I mean come on...

I've had so many GPU's with child-like fantasy art boxes in the past that wouldn't look out of place in Toys 'R' Us. There's some serious scope there for a thread, looking back at them through the ages.

I miss 3dfx packaging :(

Jawmuncher

Hell Radeon is still at it

hero.jpg

I swear if it's not fantasy related, it's a female of some type.
Maybe not out there like my original post was about but still I think this bolds well for my search on what else I can find on these boxes even now.

def sim

I'm surprised it hasn't come down to plain cardboard boxes with model number and specifications printed on the side. Graphics cards are going to remain an enthusiast product, anyway.

def sim

Every time I run Dark Souls on PC, the Xbox One's activity feed shows it as a 360 game. Microsoft doesn't even know what GFWL is anymore.

Zafir

My Asus 660 TI just came in a box with claw marks.

K0000409386_0004.jpg

Has two fans though, so no image on the actual card.

My old Zotac 260 GTX did have a dragon sticker on the card, the same image that was on the box.

Momentary

Banned
That's why I've always gone with EVGA. Most of the time their packaging is gaudy as shit. They are straight and to the point, which makes them look more professional, which makes me think the company isn't full of bullshit. That's Why I give them my money in the graphics card department.

Hasney

My Asus 660 TI just came in a box with claw marks.

K0000409386_0004.jpg

Has two fans though, so no image on the actual card.

My old Zotac 260 GTX did have a dragon sticker on the card, the same image that was on the box.

Ha, yeah, I had this on my current card:

51Xl3bXnt4L._SL1000_.jpg

zkylon

zkylewd
oh man I hate it in every rpg when it gets to that moment that i realize i'm overleveled and now the game's gonna be super easy and boring to go through

probably one too many side quests in xenoblade

but like i still have like 40 open sidequests! like i'm not even actively completing most of them, just sort of bump into people until they promise me money and you know, it happens

kinda really enjoying slowly building colony 6

i love base building in rpgs :3

also everyone hates melia in my relationship chart lol

HoosTrax

None of those are as bad as XFX and their XXX or Double D branding nonsense. I just find it distasteful -- hey XFX, you do realize that males aren't the only people buying video cards right? I have to think that even some men find the Serious Sam inspired branding a bit tacky.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hanna is showing on local TV..
Seeing Saoirse reminds me of Steam GAF

All according to plan. *twirls moustache*

fun movie

like I think it's a pretty dumb movie but it's got its moments, and suarez is pretty badass in it at times

I'd like to see Joe Wright tackle Bond and Saoirse do another action-orientated film in general. Maybe I'll get lucky and those two birds will be hit with the one stone. ;)

Coreda

Just finished Fez. Delightful game, and very relaxing to play.

I've intentionally stayed clear of whatshisface's real life antics, as I think it's best to trust the art not the artist, and wanted to have a fresh perspective while playing.

The game succeeds at playing to its strengths, having simple puzzles and a unique spin on platforming, a charming style to the colorful sprite-like world - especially the main character animation, and a well-paired soundtrack. The game was neither overly long or too short and was thankfully forgiving with the lack consequence to steep falls, placing the character back where they left off, keeping the vibe relaxed.

Of course most of you have probably played the game by now, but it's always been one I've been meaning to play. Pity I didn't realize what the end level was - otherwise I would have attempted 100% achievements ;)

VoidZero

Banned
Every time I run Dark Souls on PC, the Xbox One's activity feed shows it as a 360 game. Microsoft doesn't even know what GFWL is anymore.
They never even cared. GFWL was their failed attempt to compete with steam, using the Xbox live System.
Right now they probably want to forget it even existed.

Nabs

Just finished Fez. Delightful game, and very relaxing to play.

I've intentionally stayed clear of whatshisface's real life antics, as I think it's best to trust the art not the artist, and wanted to have a fresh perspective while playing.

The game succeeds at playing to its strengths, having simple puzzles and a unique spin on platforming, a charming style to the colorful sprite-like world - especially the main character animation, and a well-paired soundtrack. The game was neither overly long or too short and was thankfully forgiving with the lack consequence to steep falls, placing the character back where they left off, keeping the vibe relaxed.

Of course most of you have probably played the game by now, but it's always been one I've been meaning to play. Pity I didn't realize what the end level was - otherwise I would have attempted 100% achievements ;)

Hmm. Did you finish Fez, or just finish Fez?

Jawmuncher

Ha, got the
mai waifu
ending on Analogue, take that Milamber ! ;)
Now I need to get the
harem
ending.
This game is amazing.

Make sure to play the creators other two free games if you haven't. They're really good as we'll.

------------------------------

Wrapped up Go Go Nippon ~my first trip to Japan~

Nice short visual novel that at 5 bucks was well worth the 3ish hours I got out of it.
If you're interested at all about going to japan well worth picking this up when it's on sale.
Akira has the better route just a heads up.

I recently got Space Channel Part 2 on GMG (bless the credits) and I knew the game was weird but it's really weird.

Didn't play a whole lot and I suck at it but I sure want to play it again. I still have Jet Set Radio on my "childhood dream of having a Dreamcast and not getting one" list though.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Razor2 Hidden Skies -- MB-16ABC0B34F6217BE - Taken by Darkroronoa
Hydrophobia Prophecy -- MB-8556B54353909FF2 - Taken by user237
Insane 2 -- MB-2EC91F4E0DC36A52 - Taken by Ingueferroque

Videogames, y'all

Make sure to play the creators other two free games if you haven't. They're really good as we'll.

------------------------------

Wrapped up Go Go Nippon ~my first trip to Japan~

Nice short visual novel that at 5 bucks was well worth the 3ish hours I got out of it.
If you're interested at all about going to japan well worth picking this up when it's on sale.
Akira has the better route just a heads up.

Are the other games from Analogue's creators on steam? Nevermind, I see they are free, will download them :)

Go Go Nippon is on my wishlist, waiting for a sale.

Jawmuncher

Are the other games from Analogue's creators on steam? Nevermind, I see they are free, will download them :)

Go Go Nippon is on my wishlist, waiting for a sale.

Yeah both are free and while short (Max 2 hours to play each) they are a lot of fun.
Only other game she has on stem is Hate Plus. Not sure what she is doing next but I think it's something new.

Turfster

Yeah both are free and while short (Max 2 hours to play each) they are a lot of fun.
Only other game she has on stem is Hate Plus. Not sure what she is doing next but I think it's something new.

She's doing that game with the longest title ever.
"My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!!"

Gav47

I got two password reset emails overnight, looks like someone was trying to get into my account. What happened to valve including the ip address of the computer trying to reset the password?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom