• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

Capcom did a great job with the RE4 port.

Was it QLOC who handled this one? There are some legitimate issues, but many of them are getting fixed in an upcoming patch.

I figured they would, all their PC releases have been really solid over the last few years. Maybe not the best games in every case (and dat GFWL), but they've performed well even on modest hardware, which has been awesome.

I hope 'terrible' Dragon's Dogma pays me a visit on PC.
All internally developed Capcom games are at least good.

I've been holding out on buying the game for ages now on that hope, too. Dragon's Dogma looks great.

Terra_Ex

NPCs sometimes block your path and you have to wait until they move, what can take time.
Ah, a staple feature of older jrpgs back in day and one of the few things I don't miss from that glorious time. Thanks for the writeup, I'll be picking it up down the line, kinda wish grabbed it during the launch window but hopefully it'll be a reasonable price during the next big sale.

All this talk about One Finger Death Punch forced me to hunt through my bundle profiles in search of my steam key - glad I did, really enjoyable game to throw some time at, though I think my mouse is now on its last legs...

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Side question for you guys. I obviously use this thread for my Steam giveaways but where's the best place for Origin or other online store giveaways? Is there somewhere in Community?

oipic

Side question for you guys. I obviously use this thread for my Steam giveaways but where's the best place for Origin or other online store giveaways? Is there somewhere in Community?

Hey Dupy - it's quite common for non-Steam games to be shared here, too (ModBot is Origin/Desura aware), but they're commonly given away on the 'free to a good home' thread as well.

I didn't even know what Fables was until I started playing TWAU and yes, it's totally worth it.

I actually bought a few comic books last week.

I bought it without even knowing what Fables was about and totally loved it. After I finished the first episode I immediately picked up some Fables comics and started reading them, that's how good the game is.

I find it really good for having not read Fables, I don't quite like it as much as The Walking Dead but it's still really fun and the story is good as well, there is also a good character info section that gives backstory, so it's a little easier to follow who the characters are.

It's better than TWD.

Thanks for the answers. I got it for 7 keys.

mannerbot

Same goes for Nuuvem?

I don't know about Nuuvem, but I would expect businesses selling NA/ROW keys to all carry the same preorder bonuses as they're not tied to specific retailers. GMG and GamersGate have the same preorder incentives that Steam is offering.

I just noticed they still have it listed with a May release date so I guess it's just outdated.. Guess I'll wait a bit just to be sure

Might as well order from GMG then since they're offering $12 GMG credit or $10 cash back.

mrgone

Has it been confirmed that Dark Souls 2 isn't getting a PC retail release? I've been digging for a little while now and can't seem to find a definitive answer. I've had a preorder on it since last summer, but I can't find the game listed for PC on the store anymore (my preorder's still there, though, which is why I'm trying to figure out if I need to order it again someplace else). Folks were talking about it as if it were supposed to be cancelled in threads here and there, but stories about the confirmation of the April 25th release date were also mentioning a retail release alongside the digital game.

To confuse shit further the Dark Souls 2 official twitter and Facebook page have been talking about the game as "PC and Steam" in a manner that almost implies an old-timey separation between PC versions based on distribution method, which is unlikely and insane. I'm getting a goddamned headache.

mannerbot

Has it been confirmed that Dark Souls 2 isn't getting a PC retail release? I've been digging for a little while now and can't seem to find a definitive answer. I've had a preorder on it since last summer, but I can't find the game listed for PC on the store anymore (my preorder's still there, though, which is why I'm trying to figure out if I need to order it again someplace else). Folks were talking about it as if it were supposed to be cancelled in threads here and there, but stories about the confirmation of the April 25th release date were also mentioning a retail release alongside the digital game.

To confuse shit further the Dark Souls 2 official twitter and Facebook page have been talking about the game as "PC and Steam" in a manner that almost implies an old-timey separation between PC versions based on distribution method, which is unlikely and insane. I'm getting a goddamned headache.

Assuming that you're in the US, the only currently available option for a physical release of Dark Souls 2 is the Collector's Edition for $109.99 from Club Namco, Amazon, and GameStop.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/236430/

wilflare

does this mean a Titan is falling in?

hmm - what should I play GAF? lol

mrgone

Assuming that you're in the US, the only currently available option for a physical release of Dark Souls 2 is the Collector's Edition for $109.99 from Club Namco, Amazon, and GameStop.

I'm in Canada, but if Best Buy's not getting a retail release in the US it wouldn't be showing up in any capacity at Futureshop here. So the standard version that was being bumped up to the Black Armor edition for preorders is definitely gone?

Same goes for Nuuvem?

Nuuvem gets the bonus'

Get the presale Dark Souls II and receive the following bonuses:

Exclusive early access to 10 weapons and shields:
Daggers Stone Black Flame
Parma Stone Black Flame
Sword Yellow Quartz
Shield Yellow Quartz
Axe Hand Tied
Wooden Shield Tied
Mace Homunculus
Wooden Shield Homunculus
Staff of Transgression
Shield of Transgression
You will also receive the following extras:
Official soundtrack (35 tracks for you to completely immerse yourself in the world of Dark Souls ™ II).
Official artbook Dark Souls II (conceptual drawings, characters and enemies) in PDF format.
The story in digital comics Full Dark Souls II written by Andi Ewington and Rob Williams with art by Simon Coleby

mannerbot

I'm in Canada, but if Best Buy's not getting a retail release in the US it wouldn't be showing up in any capacity at Futureshop here. So the standard version that was being bumped up to the Black Armor edition for preorders is definitely gone?

I wouldn't say definitely gone since I was surprised by the announcement of a PC Collector's Edition for the US, but a Black Armor Edition certainly doesn't seem likely.

mrgone

I wouldn't say definitely gone since I was surprised by the announcement of a PC Collector's Edition for the US, but a Black Armor Edition certainly doesn't seem likely.

Well crap, I guess Nuuvem might be the best bet then. Thanks for the help mannerbot!

Aren't they making a new game? For mobile though, but same license.

Yes, one more game and it's mobile. Activision might have thought that they would get one more cash grab out of the franchise before the license expired. I couldn't find any other news regarding a license extension so it looks like next year is the end.

Myshkin

I think the questions here are: does it have a lot of fonts? and can you import 3d models?
We already know it allows backgrounds to be imported.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The dark tales of Manga Maker Comipo are recorded for all to see under the most helpful reviews on its Steam page. Truly dark times we live in.

Milamber

What stories?

The fact you can't import standard Maya models freely, same for 3D backgrounds or objects. You're better served using SFM and printscreening it.

EDIT: I may be unfair to it though, Maybe they updated it to fix all their problems with it by now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On the subject of Acti's licensed stuff, Monster Jam disappeared from the store a month ago. A second game released in 2010 but it was exclusive to consoles.

I was going to ask you if The Walking Dead™: Survival Instinct was worth collecting a few copies of, but I see that you already have done that. I have a feeling that one will get pulled after it's next sale.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I will never not hate the water room in RE4. There is no way In hell I'm gonna suffer through pro now after having those feelings refreshed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Buy All The Licensed Games™

Sage advice!

I was going to ask you if The Walking Dead™: Survival Instinct was worth collecting a few copies of, but I see that you already have done that. I have a feeling that one will get pulled after it's next sale.

Yeah, I think TWD has a strong chance of being dumped come January. I also don't hold high hopes for Ice Age but it ultimately comes down to much money Acti stands to be refunded by abandoning the licence early. We should start a betting pool. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom