• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some great advice on the Baldur question, thanks guys. I haven't played any of the classic crpgs, got a lot of interest in the upcoming kickstarted games though and figured why not.

Stallion, enjoyed your thoughts on Thief and LoS2. I actually really enjoyed Thief coming at it from the angle of enjoying game slike bioshock, metro etc. and emphatically disliked my playthrough of LoS2 haha. I wouldn't pretend that LoS was a classic or anything but it was a sight better than what they turned out with the new game. Bland mediocre environments, resulting in boring gameplay and I have to say, I didn't enjoy the score as much this time either. Real disappointment.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I recently got Space Channel Part 2 on GMG (bless the credits) and I knew the game was weird but it's really weird.

Didn't play a whole lot and I suck at it but I sure want to play it again. I still have Jet Set Radio on my "childhood dream of having a Dreamcast and not getting one" list though.
I played the game many years ago using a DDR dance mat once.
It was brilliant.

Garcia

I'm so happy about this bundle sale, and to my surprise, it was extremely easy signing up for Nuuvem! :D

What currency are they using? Brazilian?

Yep, Brazilian Real.

Nuuvem has quickly become my #1 browsing site for deals and offers. Some prices are outrageous.

Anteater

The good news is that Episodes of Liberty City is not only functional, but runs perfectly. Played 2.5 hours earlier and it went flawlessly. But yeah, that GTA4...don't know what happened there.

you're not the first person to say this in this thread :D I guess the episodes are something to look forward to. The main game actaully isn't bad so far, requires a lot of patience tho

yeah that sounds like gta4

It's like dark souls bro, but instead of losing souls you gotta drive again!

clean shaven Niko is best Niko

gtaiv_2014_03_10_03_1yxosq.jpg

I pretend I'm playing as kevin spacey or something

I finally got around to starting Burnout Paradise this morning.

Holy shit this game is awesome.

I hope you turned the music completely off for the sake of your sanity!

It was something like my gf repeatedly asking me to play ETS2 and to be able to keep playing it myself, I eventually answered her that trucking is a business for men only.

That was so obviously meant to be taken satirically that only the stupid and/or wilfully obtuse would have taken that comment seriously.

Anyway, I'm a true-hardcore-first-hour South Park fan, so I may be biased, but I think its leeway should be owed to the fact that it's plain and simple satire (political, social, everything really).
And when it comes to well-done satirical works, usually the bothered ones (not talking about you, of course) are exactly the targets of the satire itself.

Well there you go.

Don't take it personally Copons; some people just have a bug up their arse about certain things and look to be outraged when there is nothing there to be genuinely outraged over. The prejudiced and bigoted come in many shapes and sizes. The "right thinking" brigade have plenty of their own. If you are being targeted over this you might like to consider reviewing your privacy settings and/or taking it up with Valve.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
What's the Point of No return in Thief 2014?
I'll finish up this one side quest then just focus on the main game and unlock the wrench tool and stock up on rope and water arrows, etc.
The game tells you when no worries and you can do stuff after the credits too.

Zafir

Take it there isn't a way to activate a bundle key when you have the original edition without messing with Steam support?

Bought that Tropico 4 collection from Nuveem for the DLC since it's far cheaper than buying the dlc separately. However, since I already owned the base game, it doesn't let me activate it.

Benedict

Trine games are very very very cheap on Steam at the moment.
Trine 1 is 90% off
Trine 2 is 85% off
All things Frozenbyte are very affordable right now.

Talyn

Take it there isn't a way to activate a bundle key when you have the original edition without messing with Steam support?

Bought that Tropico 4 collection from Nuveem for the DLC since it's far cheaper than buying the dlc separately. However, since I already owned the base game, it doesn't let me activate it.
Seriously? I did the same thing and it let me activate the key just fine. My original Tropico 4 key was from a Bundlestars bundle and is listed as a retail key on my account though. Did you originally buy Tropico 4 on Steam or activate it via a key? Would that even make a difference either way?

How long has it been since Prima pulled all of their guides from the Steam store? Was it around the time that Valve introduced the user created guides?

Zafir

Seriously? I did the same thing and it let me activate the key just fine. My original Tropico 4 key was from a Bundlestars bundle and is listed as a retail key on my account though. Did you originally buy Tropico 4 on Steam or activate it via a key? Would that even make a difference either way?

It was a key. I'm wondering whether it's family sharing messing it up. It states I do own the DLC through a friend who has the DLC. However, as far as I'm aware you can only share DLC if you don't own the game.

Just finished the first mission pack for Quake 2, The Reckoning, and... it is the worst thing I have played that was officially associated with id's shooters. I don't think I even want to go too much into it but it ranges from boring to frustrating with nothing in between. It is truly bad and I'm pretty happy I never subjected myself back to this when it was new. So much backtracking, and almost every new enemy type was bad. Ugh.

You made a stinker Xatrix. Hope Rogue's attempt in mission pack 2 is better, their Q1 MP was alright so I have higher hopes. Quake 2 was always pretty mediocre but Xatrix took it to a whole other level of bad.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Just finished the first mission pack for Quake 2, The Reckoning, and... it is the worst thing I have played that was officially associated with id's shooters. I don't think I even want to go too much into it but it ranges from boring to frustrating with nothing in between. It is truly bad and I'm pretty happy I never subjected myself back to this when it was new. So much backtracking, and almost every new enemy type was bad. Ugh.

You made a stinker Xatrix. Hope Rogue's attempt in mission pack 2 is better, their Q1 MP was alright so I have higher hopes. Quake 2 was always pretty mediocre but Xatrix took it to a whole other level of bad.
Damn Quake 2 + expansion packs are all I have left of the series and now I feel like putting it off was justified.

Pachimari

enjoy them both good man

try to beat digital in a single playthrough

it's kinda like gone home, it just gotta be played that way

it'll make yo cry :3

Gotta find some time for it next week, you make me excited about it. ;)

I'm also thinking of buying either Dark Souls or Fallout 3 at Nuuvem for R$14.99 which should amount to $6.40. I haven't played any of them either.

Copons

I remember that moment, I thought you were talking about something else.

Not sure about being target of South Park, oh Odin, I hope I'm not. (><)
But as I already wrote once, humour is a very personal thing, and more often than not I find South Park to be disgusting than funny. In my eyes good satire is one that never gets distasteful and ugly, like for example The Good Soldier Švejk is good quality satire, while South Park is not, for me that is.

Ah well, South Park is completely based upon disgust, so of course you're not the right audience for it. :)
I instead, began watching it in my teenage, when I was more fond of the disgusting side of the show, and I became a true fan only when rewatching it years later I started to get all the sociopolitical commentary hidden under dozens of disgusting layers that I believe are there more to confound and repel most people than for their simple crass and "coprolalic" comedic value.
Also, I guess that, being a somewhat (amateur) satirical author, I'm hugely inspired by South Park style, even, of course, if I'm totally aware of the fact that the deep and to-the-point writing of Parker and Stone are waaaaaaaay far beyond my dream skills.

Well there you go.

Don't take it personally Copons; some people just have a bug up their arse about certain things and look to be outraged when there is nothing there to be genuinely outraged over. The prejudiced and bigoted come in many shapes and sizes. The "right thinking" brigade have plenty of their own. If you are being targeted over this you might like to consider reviewing your privacy settings and/or taking it up with Valve.

Oh no, I'm not that anal myself! :D

It's just that while in Italian I've a perfect understanding of both language and culture to be able to just ditch this kind of disapproval (and where possible I'd do it with an even more outrageous answers :D ), when writing in English for a worldwide audience I always fell I'm on the edge between ironic and bothering, without a correct grasp of where my boundaries actually can be.
For example, while the C word in English is a huge WOAH NO, in Italian it's rude but acceptable, rarely used for true sexist offenses (disputable, especially thinking about all the unconscious sexism, but still we Italians have a habit of using the worst words meaning no harm at all).

oipic

Thanks to both Stallion and Stump for taking the time to document their thoughts in such detail.

I'm really looking forward to playing through all three of those titles sometime soon, despite their respective faults and shortcomings (and I'll simply pretend Thief is in no way associated with any titles that may have worn the same name in the past). Cheers, guys.

My list indicates that I haven't gave this key away, either my list is wrong or someone will enjoy Dungeons of Dredmor soon.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Dungeons of Dredmor -- MB-B0833CF09E5F644E - Taken by Madridista. 2 entrants total.

t1394409081z1.png

I'm just going to fire up Colonial Marines for the first time.

I may need some counselling shortly :/.

^^^^ As long as you were just venting and are genuinely not upset about it all Copons then that's the important thing :). I have come to the conclusion that whatever one says and however one tries not to be upset anyone there is going to be someone on the internet that takes offence to what one says.

Mugatu

So in the last week or so I finished Thief (2014) and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 so I thought I'd write up my thoughts to help summer sale planning/price-point purchase decision making.

Thank you so much, that really helped me. I've been wondering if I should bother with Thief.

aku:jiki

Still enjoying Prime World: Defenders. I'm kinda addicted to crafting/unlocking new cards...

So, is it easy to purchase keys from nuuvem if you live in the US? I want that Tropico Bundle in a very bad way.
As easy as any other website. Make an account and pay with CC or PayPal.

So, is it easy to purchase keys from nuuvem if you live in the US? I want that Tropico Bundle in a very bad way.

Yep, you just need to create an account and enter a very few basic details (username, create a password etc), and you can pay with PayPal. I only bought from their for the first time last week and had no problems.

natertots

Still enjoying Prime World: Defenders. I'm kinda addicted to crafting/unlocking new cards...

As easy as any other website. Make an account and pay with CC or PayPal.

Yep, you just need to create an account and enter a very few basic details (username, create a password etc), and you can pay with PayPal. I only bought from their for the first time last week and had no problems.

Thanks! Now I have to remember my PayPal details..

Jame Retief

Neo Member
Reckon I'll start with Baldur 1 & 2 off of GOG then so I can do their mod guide, having a look at that now, and work from there. Cheers!

Keep an eye out for GOG running sales on the D&D collection. You can basically pick up the Anthology version for cheap.

Also, out of that collection, I very highly recommend playing Planescape: Torment. It's an absolutely fantastic RPG.

Why? Why would you do this?
Protip: Ranting about it and taking screenshots of every single thing that fucks up helps ;)

Because I'm a masochist like you with Thief? :p

Actually it's because I saw a few fellow GAFers mention that they were playing it recently and I'm looking for a new gaming love since I have decided to take a break from my XCOM obsession. [I hate that post obsession period where I don't know what to play; I feel so lost :(]

Anyway, I've stopped it now as despite it clearly being really pretty crap the sounds were bringing back the tension from the movie and giving me a headache. I was going to put it in my "Okay, I'm done, turn it off" category for games that irritate me and I'll try again at a later date when I have found some patience. However, I am now in a perpetual exit game/start up game loop so will reboot my pc and delete the game instead. Take that Sega.

EDIT - SUCCESS! :D

It is now in my "not installed LOL" category, where it belongs!

Now what do I get my gaming teeth into? :/

So tempted to fire up XCOM and give Impossible a whirl :facepalm:.

kevin1025

Banned
Because I'm a masochist like you with Thief? :p

Actually it's because I saw a few fellow GAFers mention that they were playing it recently and I'm looking for a new gaming love since I have decided to take a break from my XCOM obsession. [I hate that post obsession period where I don't know what to play; I feel so lost :(]

Anyway, I've stopped it now as despite it clearly being really pretty crap the sounds were bringing back the tension from the movie and giving me a headache. I was going to put it in my "Okay, I'm done, turn it off" category for games that irritate me and I'll try again at a later date when I have found some patience. However, I am now in a perpetual exit game/start up game loop so will reboot my pc and delete the game instead. Take that Sega.

EDIT - SUCCESS! :D

It is now in my "not installed LOL" category, where it belongs!

Now what do I get my gaming teeth into? :/

So tempted to fire up XCOM and give Impossible a whirl :facepalm:.

Sleeping Dogs is an excellent choice!

Sleeping Dogs is an excellent choice!

Thanks for the suggestion :). I was just thinking just the same funnily enough. I'm in that horrible "Bah! I can't be bothered to 'learn' a new game" mood though :/. I can easily understand why so many gamers buy loads of games and then just go back to CS or DOTA or whatever.

Tizoc

Thanks for the suggestion :). I was just thinking just the same funnily enough. I'm in that horrible "Bah! I can't be bothered to 'learn' a new game" mood though :/. I can easily understand why so many gamers buy loads of games and then just go back to CS or DOTA or whatever.

Dude, get One Finger Death Punch, it's $4 on Steam and totally worth it at that price, or install and play it if you have it (check your bundles the Steam codes are out for it). Game will make you feel like a total badass.
You can thank me later (unless you start yelling like Kenshiro when playing and waking everyone up in your house or appartment building)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom