• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No settlers :(

Yeah, I bought them earlier. Side-note: Rise of an Empire vanilla is actually still available on Steam as part of the Settlers Pack. If your goal is to pick up all the games (sans Paths to a Kingdom vanilla, which actually is no longer available, even though Ubi still sells DLC for it), you want the aforementioned pack in addition to Paths to a Kingdom Deluxe Gold.

Zafir

I've never really thought about it much before, but what happens if you go on holiday and use your steam account to purchase goods. Does that mark red flags like using a VPN/Proxy?

legacyzero

Banned
I just bought Assassins Creed IV.... I don't even really like Assassins Creed games....

What have I done...

I should avoid ACIII like the plague, right?

JaseC

I just bought Assassins Creed IV.... I don't even really like Assassins Creed games....

What have I done...

I should avoid ACIII like the plague, right?

AC3's biggest flaw is its setting. Colonial America just isn't aesthetically or architecturally interesting.

Milamber

Aww yeah...

3v4uP1m.jpg

JaseC

I can buy the AC2 Deluxe upgrade even though I own the DDE. I love you, Ubi... sometimes.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Went ahead and bought a 360 wireless receiver since DS4 is not flawless. I had it working with Bluetooth but for some reason, it isn't working anymore. And Dark Souls just doesn't seem to work, no matter how many solutions I've tried. $20 for the wireless receiver it is. I'll miss the touchpad.

FloatOn

I take it back. New Vegas is good again. Some of the best writing ever. Now if the combat were just a bit better this would be the game of forever.

JaseC

With 4 days or so of daily deals there was no way a franchise that dead would ever make the cut.

Yeah, Ubi would need to expand to a week-long sale for anything outside of M&M/Anno, Far Cry, AssCreed and the Tom Clancy-based stuff to be featured.

FloatOn

There should be mods for that, no?

Maybe? I really don't have time to set that up though. I get that some concessions have to be made for the combat to work with vats, but when outside of vats I could only hope for the guns to feel as good as they are in metro last light. That's my hope for fallout 4.

Benedict

I have all of the Assassins creed games on PS3 and the last one on PS4, never really played the ones on PS3, but still tempted on this offer....

Tellaerin

Maybe? I really don't have time to set that up though. I get that some concessions have to be made for the combat to work with vats, but when outside of vats I could only hope for the guns to feel as good as they are in metro last light. That's my hope for fallout 4.

Installing FO3/NV mods is pretty painless if you use a mod manager like Nexus Mod Manager (NMM). I'd point you at a good combat mod myself, but I haven't really gone looking for any, though I know they're out there. (There are an insane number of mods for the Beth Fallouts.) I do seem to remember we had a big Fallout modding thread here at one point, and I imagine that there are people here who could recommend something in that vein. (Though depending on how far along you are, it might be something to look at for a future playthrough, if you do one.)

JaseC

I have all of the Assassins creed games on PS3 and the last one on PS4, never really played the ones on PS3, but still tempted on this offer....

AssCreed 2 aside (Ubi never patched the buggered LOD system), the PC versions look amazing and are a noticeable step up from the console versions. This is particularly true of 3 and 4, although optimisation leaves little to be desired in both.

DocSeuss

So, JaseC, when you gonna set up a guide for 'how to get all the games that aren't on Steam and what they are?'

I'm still not entirely sure what you were doing re: Settlers VII.

Also, it's infuriating seeing Settlers: Rise of an Empire on the store, but only Gold is available.

JaseC

So, JaseC, when you gonna set up a guide for 'how to get all the games that aren't on Steam and what they are?'

When I have time. Away from GAF. :p

I'm still not entirely sure what you were doing re: Settlers VII.

Basically, I misread the app id that the Settlers 7 DLC requires. I thought it needed 48210, which is Paths to a Kingdom Gold Deluxe, but it actually requires 48120, which is Paths to a Kingdom vanilla and the game I've begged Ubi for as it's no longer available; consequently the DLC Complete Pack is sitting in my inventory in a useless state.

Edit: Err, wrong image. Fixed.

I just bought a PS4. There was a nice offer I couldn't resist.

I'm officially broke for a couple months, no more steam games for me for a while. :(

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Hmmm, Black Flag is still a bit too expensive. I wished for a bigger discount. Too bad.
Never really got into the Assassin's series but after spending some quality time with Liberation i've grown really interested. Played a bit from the original before but other games, you know. :p

I don't like the way they handled the "nothing's true, everythings permitted" stuff, too be honest. (kinda spoilers? Current day;)
From what i've seen and heard that is. Also kinda suprised there's no contreversy surrounding the series with the whole "this magic apple made all wonders from every religion possible" stuff.
Curious though, which game has the least or none of that weird precursor stuff?

Anteater

just finished dust, pretty cool game, it could be better but people shouldn't dismiss it over the artstyle it has, not to mention the overall animations and cutscenes were really cool and better than some "AAA" games.

now on to guacamelee!

JaseC

I just bought a PS4. There was a nice offer I couldn't resist.

I'm officially broke for a couple months, no more steam games for me for a while. :(

I'm considering buying one myself. My Uni books are only going to cost me ~$250 this semester, which is going to leave me with around $750 to play with. Some of that will go towards buying 60-odd casual games on Steam that haven't been discounted in yonks, so I could put the remaining ~$600 towards a PS4...

...or I could finally slap together a cheap NAS system, which is something I've been meaning to do for about a year now...

...or I could just put it towards my Summer Sale fund. Decisions, decisions!

DocSeuss

One of my tags right now is "Uplay."

Another is City-builder, so it's all good, I guess? Steam seems to change it based on just the most recent games you've played, rather than the games you've played the most, so it changes more or less daily. The only City Builder I've played recently is Anno 2070.

When I have time. Away from GAF. :p

So... never.

Basically, I misread the app id that the Settlers 7 DLC requires. I thought it needed 48210, which is Paths to a Kingdom Gold Deluxe, but it actually requires 48120, which is Paths to a Kingdom vanilla and the game I've begged Ubi for as it's no longer available; consequently the DLC Complete Pack is sitting in my inventory in a useless state.

Edit: Err, wrong image. Fixed.

Ah, I own the gold edition, so I'm guessing it's all good. Eventually, I'll pick up that other version.

Was going to grab the other two (still frustrated that the previous Anno games never got patched and were removed from Steam), but noticed that they'd been on better sales before, so I can wait.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm considering buying one myself. My Uni books are only going to cost me ~$250 this semester, which is going to leave me with around $750 to play with. Some of that will go towards buying 60-odd casual games on Steam that haven't been discounted in yonks, so I could put the remaining ~$600 towards a PS4...

...or I could finally slap together a cheap NAS system, which is something I've been meaning to do for about a year now...

SABnzbd and no NAS? JaseC what are you doing to yourself?

Anteater

$600 is like 600 bundles man

JaseC

So... never.

Quite possibly. :p

(It's a good idea, actually, and one I'll get around to... eventually. If I don't forget. I'm handy like that!)

Was going to grab the other two (still frustrated that the previous Anno games never got patched and were removed from Steam), but noticed that they'd been on better sales before, so I can wait.

Anno 1404 and the Venice expansion will be back soon. 1701 is another matter: curiously, even though Ubi owns both the developer and publisher, the game was published by Aspyr on Steam and is still to this day published by Deep Silver on GamersGate.

SABnzbd and no NAS? JaseC what are you doing to yourself?

Fighting a losing battle against the demon known as Low Free Space. The one free tray remaining in Eleven Hundred is specifically for an SSD. :(

Ptaaty

Absolutely loving Kingdom's of Amalur. Just $5 right now on amazon, $10 with DLC, both are steam activated no Origin. it does log in to EA servers though as part of the game.

It has the best combat I have ever played in this type of game. Basically it is like a Fable/Skyrim/DMC/hack and slash adventure RPG hybrid. Well executed game.

Really can't understate what a good varied combat engine adds to this style game.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Is there a NAS host that allows me to run linux things, properly, through an SSH shell? Like DLNA servers, linux distribution sharing applications, http servers, so on and so forth?

I'm tired of hacking shit together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom