• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first foil today (Binding of Isaac Emperor card). Feels good.

Also, thank you to the anonymous benefactor for Warlock - looks interesting.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry to ask again, but I'm having no luck figuring this out. Anyone have experience with this?

Categories are supposed to sync with Steam Cloud, but the implementation is rather iffy. Copy and paste Steam\userdata\account id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf from the one system to the other.

Apparently the Metro skin ingame Steam setting is cut off at the end:
7mtdHuL.png

There are supposed to be a "Never" option after "Only when minimized".
It seems like the window can't be resized. Anyone have the same problem?

Wok

Hexcells

..is great! It's sort of like Minesweepers (not random, tho) and Picross. Both the music and sound effects are very pleasant so it's really relaxing to play.
Got through all puzzles in about 2.5 hours and immediately bought its sequel Hexcells Plus.

It's $2.99 on the Store (bundle is $4.99) and worth every penny.

Here's another write-up from RPS: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/20/hexcells-and-hexcells-plus-now-available-on-steam/

I have only played HexCells Plus and I can confirm the game is a great expansion of Minesweeper, Picross, Sudoku, etc.

field_studies says:

Oh, play the first one first I think. The second really does build in a lot of the basics in the first, and really increases the difficulty. Plus, once you finish Plus you’ll wish there were more to play, and it’ll probably feel weird going back to the easier original.

I don't know whether I am going to buy the first one then.

Garcia

So this is basically how my own experience with Antichamber has been so far:

- Oh, nice minimalistic look.
- Aaaah, puzzles, I like it.
(30 minutes later)
- This is getting kinda boring. . .
(Weapon get)
- Ok, much better now. Interesting.
- Man, that's clever.
(1 hour later)
- How the fuck am I supposed to. . .Oooooh!
- This is so good.
- What? There are upgrades!?
(1 hour 30 minutes into the game)
- Damn it, I'm stuck!
- I love this game. :D

Also, the way it rewards your intuition is amazing. It's also extremely well designed in the sense that everything in-game is self explanatory and only requires focused thinking and analysis of your entire surroundings. I haven't read a single guide or walkthrough and I still keep making slow but steady progress.

I still haven't figured out how to get my 1st. upgrade but I'm getting close.

Is there any way to have the regular steam overlay while still using a skin? Air's overlay is ridiculously bare-bones, there isn't even a button for the web browser.

Is $12.50 a good buy for Injustice? I realize that the PC version hasn't been out that long but I'm trying to decide if I should just wait to hit that $7.50 spot. I've seen quite a few deals in the last month for the current amount.

Tenrius

The forum discussions for the game ar elike 90% complaining about bugs and glitches. Personally, I only noticed the framerate dropping during a few FMVs especially the first few in the game. I did have a few movement glitches where my character would walk past the boundary for a camera cut-over and the camera wouldn't cutover. Normally I found walking back to the middle of the room and then back to where I wanted to walk again fixed that. RE: Achievements, there are a bunch of hidden achievements (at least 5 that I haven't earned), but they tend to be the achievements for non plot-related stuff whereas the plot achievements are not hidden. The only one that seems to be a big spoiler is an achievement whose description text is in German -- spoiler for Episode 3 which I haven't played yet --
Witness - Du wurdest Zeuge von Dr. Gebhardts Ende. which I'm guessing translates as You were there to witness Dr. Gebhardt's End

Since I haven't played Episode 3 yet I haven't posted about it here, but so far I've enjoyed the game quite a good deal. I liked Episode 1 better than Episode 2.

Some of my issues might be related to the fact that I'm playing it on a laptop. It's a pretty good one, as I'm usually able to play everything very comfortably, but this game just probably hasn't been tested and or/optimized properly for laptops.

As for achievements, it's not that they are big spoilers, but they do tell you what's going to happen next. For example, at one point the "so close" section of the Steam overlay featured an achievement that said
"survive the explosion in the freight car"
, which is exactly what happened in 20 minutes and I think was supposed to be a surprise. There were a couple of others I accidentally saw on the activity feed, I assume those play a similar role.

The game itself is indeed enjoyable: good old-fashioned adventuring with a great theme and some optional puzzles. I found it hard to remember that the story takes place specifically in the '60s though: kept getting The Last Express flashbacks.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is $12.50 a good buy for Injustice? I realize that the PC version hasn't been out that long but I'm trying to decide if I should just wait to hit that $7.50 spot. I've seen quite a few deals in the last month for the current amount.

It's an excellent fighting game and one of my favorite games of last gen. Totally worth it at that price. If you are in no urge to play it though you can wait for it to hit the same price point as MK9

Blablurn

I think you can't go wrong with 12.50. Quality game and much content. DO IT.

Is there any way to have the regular steam overlay while still using a skin? Air's overlay is ridiculously bare-bones, there isn't even a button for the web browser.
I'm not sure about the overlay change, but both the community hub and achievement buttons bring up the web browser, you just get those pages instead of whatever your home page is set to.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
When do these new Humble Bundle games drop?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Apparently the Metro skin ingame Steam setting is cut off at the end:
7mtdHuL.png

There are supposed to be a "Never" option after "Only when minimized".
It seems like the window can't be resized. Anyone have the same problem?

Update the skin or opt out of the Steam client beta (if applicable).

Replace the overlay layout files in your skins\[skin name]\resource\layout folder with those in Steam\resource\layout. It may not look exactly the same due to the differences in overarching style settings, but the general layout will be identical to that of the default skin.

Turfster

So this is basically how my own experience with Antichamber has been so far:

This is a spoiler for later in the game, but I really fucking hated
those extension/cloning 'puzzles' where you have to fill up a grid that don't work right with my damn trackball. There's so fucking many of them, and they don't add anything except useless busywork

When do these new Humble Bundle games drop?

Tuesday.

I would like to BTA on the Humble Bundle, but my profile still says that the BTA cost is $8.26? So I guess it's cheaper for me to just buy a new bundle?

BTA gets locked in at the moment you buy.

I would like to BTA on the Humble Bundle, but my profile still says that the BTA cost is $8.26? So I guess it's cheaper for me to just buy a new bundle?

The Swapper is gorgeous, but the Mac version doesn't even launch for me. Hope they fix that. Guacamelee is a great port!

BTA gets locked in at the moment you buy.

Thanks.. shame. I'll just buy another bundle.

Hexcells

..is great! It's sort of like Minesweepers (not random, tho) and Picross. Both the music and sound effects are very pleasant so it's really relaxing to play.
Got through all puzzles in about 2.5 hours and immediately bought its sequel Hexcells Plus.

It's $2.99 on the Store (bundle is $4.99) and worth every penny.

Here's another write-up from RPS: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/20/hexcells-and-hexcells-plus-now-available-on-steam/
I've been playing this too. It's lots of fun.

vg260

Categories are supposed to sync with Steam Cloud, but the implementation is rather iffy. Copy and paste Steam\userdata\account id]\7\remote\sharedconfig.vdf from the one system to the other.

Thanks. I had to end up doing that to avoid repeating a lot of work, but it still doesn't sync properly after changes. I have different stuff installed on both computers so I guess it works out ok so I can keep different stuff out of the way on each.

Replace the overlay layout files in your skins\[skin name]\resource\layout folder with those in Steam\resource\layout. It may not look exactly the same due to the differences in overarching style settings, but the general layout will be identical to that of the default skin.

That worked and it actually looks pretty good.

It's not a bad price and it certainly has a ton of content.
I bit at that price, and I'm not sure why exactly, as I do not think it's a good fighting game. I think I basically got it for $10 though because GMG gave a $2 credit or so... and the idea of being able to beat up Superman with anyone I want, especially Batman, kind of won out in the moment (if I can get beyond my dislike of the combat mechanics).

I suppose if there's a demo, you should try it.

NG28

If I beat the final boss in Rogue Legacy, can I still go through the castle after and beat the Neo bosses, or will I go straight into NG+?

Nabs

QTE6 RE6 took a few months off the life of my 360 analog stick. Now I have to hope that x360ce can shrink the deadzone. Thanks Capcom.

Tizoc

nacimento claimed your Chaos on Deponia key. There were 30 entrants.
FauX claimed your Velocity Ultra key. There were 26 entrants.
Aaron claimed your Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ key. There were 68 entrants.
Congratulations to the winners!

So I take it no one entered the Rush Bros. giveaway huh?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Tizoc

Anyone want any of these coupons?
30% off Aqua Kitty
75% off Rise of the Triad
25% off Broken Age

Let me know and I'll have them sent to you within the next day.

Tizoc

Oh wait someone did enter the Rush Bros. giveaway,heh. Congrats to the winner!

Oh and I got a PS4 controlelr today, will use it to play Thief 2014 >=3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom