• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSeuss

Someone just friended me on Steam and offered me Wolfenstein for $150. I'm considering it.

I don't have the money, though. :|

Is there any way to scan everyone's Steam inventory for Wolfenstein and see if anyone else will let it go for less?

Arthea

guys, you were right, One Finger Death Punch is hilariously stupidly awesome.

edited: I have problem with "chinese" accent of a guy, what exactly he says in swords level, I have problems with this level and I'm not sure what he's babbling about, lol

kevin1025

Banned
Someone just friended me on Steam and offered me Wolfenstein for $150.

I'm considering it.

I was just thinking about that game, looking through all the classic shooters I missed out on. Really wish it would come back to Steam, is there a reason it was taken off? Or was it because reasons?

Looking at TF2Outpost, it's got a going rate of 90 keys, so $150 is I guess a good deal, if you look at it the right way.

Just get it in a $5 bin for a console if you really wanna play it and wait until Beth and Acti work out their differences like they did with Quake 4.

Don't buy Wolfenstein for more than it ever retailed for, get it together man.

That's also a very sensible thing to do.

Wok

I know I'm late on this, but I really really really liked The Banner Saga. Great characters, interesting plot, very story driven and you get/don't get certain characters based on your decisions. Also very good music. I'd definitely get it for your colleague. Then await his inevitable depression on finishing it.

Thanks, I will get it during the next sales eventually.

Someone just friended me on Steam and offered me Wolfenstein for $150. I'm considering it.

Is there any way to scan everyone's Steam inventory for Wolfenstein and see if anyone else will let it go for less?
Just get it in a $5 bin for a console if you really wanna play it and wait until Beth and Acti work out their differences like they did with Quake 4.

DocSeuss

I was just thinking about that game, looking through all the classic shooters I missed out on. Really wish it would come back to Steam, is there a reason it was taken off? Or was it because reasons?

Looking at TF2Outpost, it's got a going rate of 90 keys, so $150 is I guess a good deal, if you look at it the right way.

Yeah, tl;dr, Bethesda hasn't bought Wolfenstein09 from ATVI, just the rights to future Wolfenstein games, if that makes sense. I talked with a guy at Bethesda, some higher-up. He didn't seem confident they'd be picking it up. It didn't sell that well to justify a purchase.

But it's RAAARE

AND I LIKED IT

Also, you're recommending picking up a console version of a game in the Steam thread and I just... you shame your family.

Haha, I was hoping you had some opinions on it if you were playing it. ;)

--

In other news, all done:
sp.sotrqk54.jpg

I find it hard to believe Bethesda and Activision can't come to an agreement for that game in time for the new Wolfenstein release.

Lots of companies pull stupid shit like this all the time. Look at Marvel and Capcom with the Marvel license. Look at Sony/Activision in regards to the Crash Bandicoot IP. There's TONS of idiocy out there to go around. ;)

But it's RAAARE

AND I LIKED IT

Also, you're recommending picking up a console version of a game in the Steam thread and I just... you shame your family.
It's a dicey proposition but between getting the console version for peanuts or the grossly overpriced version on Steam from a flipper, the latter is a greater sin. I advocate cheapassedness over platform allegiance so even if it's not optimal, at least get your current fix for next to nothing to tide you over before committing to something you'll probably regret.

It's a dicey proposition but between getting the console version for peanuts or the grossly overpriced version on Steam from a flipper, the latter is a greater sin. I advocate cheapassedness over platform allegiance so even if it's not optimal, at least get your current fix for next to nothing to tide you over before committing to something you'll probably regret.

This is totally wise and sagacious. I endorse it wholeheartedly.

There a few reasons to buy one version over another. Platform affinity is not one of them. It should be a preference, not a curse.

It's your money so do with it as you wish, but I can't even bring myself to spend $70 for a delisted game on Steam which I made. I kind of wish I'd just take the plunge though :(

I find it hard to believe Bethesda and Activision can't come to an agreement for that game in time for the new Wolfenstein release.

Wouldn't really be worth the executive's time to discuss it, let alone come to an agreement on it. Lawyers ain't cheap either. Then they'd have to set up a purchase/transfer or revenue sharing arrangement and for the dozens or hundreds of sales (or thousands at $5 in a Steam sale) they'd get it just isn't worth the time.

Disclosure: I really enjoyed Wolf when it came out, ET:RTCW is the best game I ever played and RTCW is the game which made me fall in love with gaming after a long hiatus. I'm a huge Wolf fan and even I know it wouldn't be worth it.

Grief.exe

This is totally wise and sagacious. I endorse it wholeheartedly.

There a few reasons to buy one version over another. Platform affinity is not one of them. It should be a preference, not a curse.

It sucks, but spending over a hundred dollars on a bargain-bin game is far from advisable.

I wish I could have Neverwinter Nights 2, Indigo Prophecy, and Wolfenstein on my account, but just not possible.

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah, tl;dr, Bethesda hasn't bought Wolfenstein09 from ATVI, just the rights to future Wolfenstein games, if that makes sense. I talked with a guy at Bethesda, some higher-up. He didn't seem confident they'd be picking it up. It didn't sell that well to justify a purchase.

But it's RAAARE

AND I LIKED IT

I take it boxed PC copies don't have Steam codes?

Did Blur have Steam Achievements? I forgot if the game was released before or after Activision made Steamworks mandatory for their titles.

Nope, and the PC version isn't a great port (I think the online servers were also shut down).

Someone give me a key and I (won't) tell you all about the AAA game I'm making. I will however give you one peck on the cheek and a 2L bottle of Diet Coca-Cola(TM).

yatesl

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Critical Mass -- MB-E6EC3F9551FE0D54 - Taken by alr1ght
Adventures of Shuggy -- MB-8D055807EDD68C92 - Taken by Leg-End
Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-CD4DF3054DAD2D5B - Taken by zeroOman

kris.

Banned
hey fellas, is there any reason why Steam would basically cause my internet to shit itself while downloading stuff? like webpages will load super slow/not load at all. it fucks my my family's connection, too. i get maybe 1.5-2mbps when i download and then i'll preload Titanfall on Origin at 10-15mbps and everything's fine. i've tried throttling my dl speed and it doesn't help at all. :/

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
hey fellas, is there any reason why Steam would basically cause my internet to shit itself while downloading stuff? like webpages will load super slow/not load at all. it fucks my my family's connection, too. i get maybe 1.5-2mbps when i download and then i'll preload Titanfall on Origin at 10-15mbps and everything's fine. i've tried throttling my dl speed and it doesn't help at all. :/

Origin lies about dl speed. What's your max connection speed?

thx sir :)

Wok

hey fellas, is there any reason why Steam would basically cause my internet to shit itself while downloading stuff? like webpages will load super slow/not load at all.

I actually have the same problem. If I want to browse the Internet, I have to stop Steam downloads. Otherwise, it is fine.

Please note Steam does not do this at every place I go. I would say it is a problem which is ISP dependent.

You think it's safe to trade for a Starcraft 2 key through SteamTrades? This guy has been doing it for a few weeks now and it's the cheapest way I could get one.

Nzyme32

I have a similar issue at my folks place. They have a really low bandwidth connection and poor router. In order to be able to use the internet and download with steam, I have to limit the download to 128kb/s when the peak uncapped is a tiny 370kb/s on average. My folks don't understand the why people need better bandwidth, yet they are happy to complain about all the things being slow or unusable

Backlogger

If you feel comfortable doing it try changing your DNS to Google's public DNS and see if that makes a difference. https://developers.google.com/speed/public-dns/

I pretty much have to do this on my computers on my current ISP. Certain downloads and connections kill the connection for the entire house if I don't.

Edit: Are you using DSL?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom