• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements & Updates 2014 III - Don't Believe The Tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you feel better Doc

Been playing one finger death punch, pretty fun

131691698555xhzx1.gif

That is the fucking greatest fight sequence in any movie ever, every time I see it I have to watch the whole movie.

Jawmuncher

So I checked my email today and WHOOPS apparently I had preorderd Dark Souls 2 on PS3 awhile back and forgot all about it. Game just shipped so looks like i'll be playing it there when I get back. Not to mad though it's the Steel Book version and I haven't even played DS1 on PC yet so it won't be to odd playing DS2 at 30FPS and chugs

topyy

the last ESO beta is coming soon this weekend,this time I didn't delete all files.

Elder Scrolls
‏@TESOnline
.@Close27Scott The next #ESO beta event for PC/Mac will take place this coming weekend. We'll send out invites tomorrow. Get excited!

Elder Scrolls Online ‏@TESOnline 8h
@Rebakachan This will be the last large-scale beta event for PC/Mac. We hope to see you at Early Access/launch!

Can anyone confirm that the RU version of Batman Origins has just the activation regionlock or does it have the regionlock where you have to be in the country (RU) to play it?

I am surprised that I am liking TitanFall so far.It did not really click for me during the beta, but now that I have seen some of the other maps, it's gotten better. I am not sure if I'll stick with it for a long time, but I will for now. I just wish it was on Steam. I want Steam achievements and it would most likely take up less space (since Respawn has said that one of the reasons why so much audio is uncompressed is because of how Origin works).

Hi.

I've been having, honestly, the worst year or so of my life. I'm really sick, and have been for several years. Last year, I buried my grandma, who had it. I went, this year, from poor to really poor. I'm at below half the poverty line. My illness limits what I can do employment-wise, and my employment limits my ability to obtain the medical help I need. I suffer from chronic pain and exhaustion, among other symptoms. It's really hard to live, but I manage it as best I can.

I had hoped to save up for 250+ and beat JaseC, but that's looking less and less likely. My boss has decided to cut my hours. As it stands, I have plans to purchase four more video games this year, and those four only. There's a bunch I'd like to grab, as you can see by my wish list on Steam (I get ribbed by my friends 'cause I think there's like 650 games on it), but I can't justify the cost.

I've been saving up for for a very long time. Since I gave away, what, 50 games or so back in the day. It made me really happy to do that, and I want to do that again, 'cause that'd give me a big boost. I realize that's kinda a selfish reason to give things away, but, well, it's my reason.

I figure 115 games lets me purchase my little rant time for you. Thanks for reading.

Enjoy.

EDIT: Here's what I've got and what it does to me. Buried at the end so it doesn't feel like I'm just whoring for attention.

Thanks for the giveaway and I hope things get better for you.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sorry to hear about your situation, Doc. Here's hoping things get better from here on out, even though you're the worst doctor ever for allowing yourself to get sick. :p

Can anyone confirm that the RU version of Batman Origins has just the activation regionlock or does it have the regionlock where you have to be in the country (RU) to play it?

There are no AO subs that are region-locked at the runtime level.

mannerbot

Spelunky is such an annoying game. This is the second time I get to meet Olmec and the boss is stuck in a pit, leaving my character with only one solution: suicide.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=237244323

Hah, here are some strats for next time:

Easiest way is to simply lead him to a far side of the screen and then run far away. He won't follow you if you're not within a certain aggro range. Now, bomb a pit for him to fall down and lead him to it. There are crates up above if you need bombs and have the ropes/items to make it up there.

The resourceless strat is quicker and requires only one rope if you can play optimally. Basically, you get Olmec to stomp, get in the pit with him, and then walk into him while he's down and run out to the same side when he lifts up. If you have extra ropes you can use them to kill enemy spawns above your head.

Wok

Easiest way is to simply lead him to a far side of the screen and then run far away. He won't follow you if you're not within a certain aggro range. Now, bomb a pit for him to fall down and lead him to it. There are crates up above if you need bombs and have the ropes/items to make it up there.

I have only found 3 bombs which I have used to start digging the pit, and I should have used them to finish the pit instead.

The resourceless strat is quicker and requires only one rope if you can play optimally. Basically, you get Olmec to stomp, get in the pit with him, and then walk into him while he's down and run out to the same side when he lifts up. If you have extra ropes you can use them to kill enemy spawns above your head.

Actually, you need to make the pit large enough to do this, which I still find uneasy to perform.

Thanks for the tips. I will try for the next daily challenge. This game is really good.

Kurdel

Banned
Anyone in the in-home streaming beta?

I managed to get Titanfall to work but it is super dark on my monitor. Anyone have success cleanly streaming non-steam games?

mannerbot

Actually, you need to make the pit large enough to do this, which I still find uneasy to perform.

Thanks for the tips. I will try for the next daily challenge. This game is really good.

No, you don't need any bombs. There is enough space on both sides.

Japle

Neo Member
So I have had this "Holiday Sale 2011 Gift" of CivCity: Rome sitting in my inventory for years now. Should I expect some collector's value out of it anytime soon, are there people who just pile these rare things in their inventory without actually redeeming them, just to show off?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Just wanted to add to the generosity of the past few pages, especially DocSeuss. Hope things improve. Only a few spares from bundles, but they're all great games regardless.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Psychonauts -- MB-1389000D26FEE00A - Taken by Atraveller. 3 entrants total.
Amnesia Fortnight 2012 -- MB-A0705AA945C9DCDF - Taken by Evrain. 2 entrants total.
Guacamelee Gold Edition -- MB-3E064FF5B70000CF
Bastion -- MB-4FF3367344449A97 - Taken by ShogunX. 1 entrants total.
Monaco -- MB-DABE85B56F2A1059 - Taken by Sub Zero. 2 entrants total.
Fez -- MB-F028230D8B0B5DED
Limbo -- MB-34AF13DD12253D4D - Taken by Garcia. 2 entrants total.

t1394540665z1.png

Tizoc

Hope you feel better Doc

Been playing one finger death punch, pretty fun

131691698555xhzx1.gif

What movie is that?
Reposting for the new page.
Anyways getting rid of some of this ish, apologies as they're not all Steam keys...or if the codes don't work, I've had some of these for over a year >_<
If the cognition codes don't work for you, I can PM you Desura keys for them
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Saturday Morning RPG Desura Key -- MB-48D9492FE87C59CB
The 39 Steps -- MB-0E5AEBB4A8706699
Electronic Super Joy -- MB-A798C71DE8732682
ulgzbKC.png
Ring Runner: Flights of the Sage Desura Key -- MB-FF1DCC0ACD2942ED
Shelter -- MB-934E8D40E1B6185B
ulgzbKC.png
99 Levels to Hell Desura Key -- MB-C18699E399E4D891
ulgzbKC.png
Finding Teddy Desura Key -- MB-4E0EEF3B7536E352 - Taken by still
ulgzbKC.png
Pester Desura Key -- MB-5CACF6706D491C55
Depths of Peril -- MB-3538E95F3C194613
Gateways -- MB-2CCF5ACF3C593D0D
Cognition Episode 1 -- MB-499F035CDBDBFC42
ulgzbKC.png
Project Night Desura Key -- MB-8802F1E9DA3A62A3
ulgzbKC.png
One Finger Death Punch Desura Key -- MB-0E0C467332009546
Cognition Episode 2 -- MB-DE00FD7D525EE8B9
Two Brothers -- MB-BCD29D798E14C69B
Mini Motor Racing EVO -- MB-1C9D977F87A9460F
Driftmoon -- MB-C98981F4AC81327C

t1394547549z1.png

The following are keys I am not sure if they are still active
Pid:
Eador
A Legend of Dawn key if anyone wants to have a +1 to their game count-

JaseC

So I have had this "Holiday Sale 2011 Gift" of CivCity: Rome sitting in my inventory for years now. Should I expect some collector's value out of it anytime soon, are there people who just pile these rare things in their inventory without actually redeeming them, just to show off?

CivCity isn't going anywhere any time soon: it was co-developed by Firaxis and published by 2K, Firaxis' parent.

What movie is that?

Oldboy. The original, not the remake.

Japle

Neo Member
CivCity isn't going anywhere any time soon: it was co-developed by Firaxis and published by 2K, Firaxis' parent.

So you don't see any extra value in the fact that it was "Holiday Sale 2011 Gift"? People don't care for that stuff? I don't blame them.

JaseC

So you don't see any extra value in the fact that it was "Holiday Sale 2011 Gift"? People don't care for that stuff? I don't blame them.

That's just a package label. The game itself the very same as that sold on the store.

Firebrand

"We’ve recently added Steam turn notifications to Frozen Synapse: this is a convenient feature which will alert you within the Steam client when your next turn is ready to view." (from the Mode7 newsletter)

Didn't know this was a thing on Steamworks, that's pretty cool. Does any other game use Steam notifications?

edit: Doc, that's an absolutely amazing giveaway. I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, I do hope things turn around for you to help you cope with your illness.

"We&#8217;ve recently added Steam turn notifications to Frozen Synapse: this is a convenient feature which will alert you within the Steam client when your next turn is ready to view." (from the Mode7 newsletter)

Didn't know this was a thing on Steamworks, that's pretty cool. Does any other game use Steam notifications?

I think their new game does. Frozen Endzone.

Hi.

I've been having, honestly, the worst year or so of my life. I'm really sick, and have been for several years. Last year, I buried my grandma, who had it. I went, this year, from poor to really poor. I'm at below half the poverty line. My illness limits what I can do employment-wise, and my employment limits my ability to obtain the medical help I need. I suffer from chronic pain and exhaustion, among other symptoms. It's really hard to live, but I manage it as best I can.

I had hoped to save up for 250+ and beat JaseC, but that's looking less and less likely. My boss has decided to cut my hours. As it stands, I have plans to purchase four more video games this year, and those four only. There's a bunch I'd like to grab, as you can see by my wish list on Steam (I get ribbed by my friends 'cause I think there's like 650 games on it), but I can't justify the cost.

I've been saving up for for a very long time. Since I gave away, what, 50 games or so back in the day. It made me really happy to do that, and I want to do that again, 'cause that'd give me a big boost. I realize that's kinda a selfish reason to give things away, but, well, it's my reason.

I figure 115 games lets me purchase my little rant time for you. Thanks for reading.

Enjoy.

EDIT: Here's what I've got and what it does to me. Buried at the end so it doesn't feel like I'm just whoring for attention.

Get well soon, dude.

JaseC

"We’ve recently added Steam turn notifications to Frozen Synapse: this is a convenient feature which will alert you within the Steam client when your next turn is ready to view." (from the Mode7 newsletter)

The feature is only a few months old. Small World 2 was the first game to make use of it.

Firebrand

I think their new game does. Frozen Endzone.
The feature is only a few months old. Small World 2 was the first game to make use of it.
Ah.

Frozen Endgame could be interesting as I really enjoyed Synapse. I hope they're a bit better at ironing out the bugs, last time I played Synapse there were still some oddities here and there with interface elements getting stuck, replays not being entirely accurate etc.

JaseC

Any Grim Dawn impressions? Loved Titan Quest and the daily deal is quite tempting.

I haven't played the game since the alpha launched but if you enjoyed Titan Quest then you'll enjoy Grim Dawn. Act 2 was recently released so there's roughly twice as much content now.

Knurek

Question for all you Diablo-like fans - what do you actually see in the games?

Not trolling, genuinely curious here. I've tried playing Borderlands (had some fun, but nothing I'd call groundbreaking), did some Diablo 1 and console Baldurs Gate games back in the days as well, and the actual gameplay seems to be very same-ish, just with increasing numbers/switched monsters here and there.

Yet loads of people seem to be very fond of these loot games, I'm just wondering whether I'm missing something here or if the genre is just not for me.

JaseC

Not trolling, genuinely curious here. I've tried playing Borderlands (had some fun, but nothing I'd call groundbreaking), did some Diablo 1 and console Baldurs Gate games back in the days as well, and the actual gameplay seems to be very same-ish, just with increasing numbers/switched monsters here and there.

Yet loads of people seem to be very fond of these loot games, I'm just wondering whether I'm missing something here or if the genre is just not for me.

Loot is plentiful and I like collecting things. ;)

Is there any way someone in Germany could get an uncensored version of Stick of Truth? Short of moving out of Germany, I mean.

The VPN requirement is just for activation; the uncensored sub itself is region-free.

You aren't missing anything, it's just mindless clicking.

Hi.

Enjoy.

Damn man, I read about your condition, sounds really rough. Hope things start looking up for you soon, you deserve it.

Don't be worried about beating JaseC, there's more important things to worry about in life. Plus, I think Jace's reached the point where he no longer needs food and drink to survive, and just gains sustenance from his ever-growing Steam library instead.

koma

Steam is a pain to use on a 42" TV, if you use Big Picture Mode there are a lot of options that are missing (for example i can't see how much a game size is before to download it), if i use the normal mode is just too tiny to read from my couch, and if i increase Windows settings to 200%, games start with 200% size too and they are cut (i only see a part of the screen).. uurgh!

Caerith

As long as the gift isn't from someone in South America or Eastern Europe then you wouldn't need a VPN at all.

Due to regional pricing, I presume. Would it even be playable though if it isn't out yet in Germany, or would it let someone play it because it is out wherever the key or gift originated from?

oipic

Thanks for reading.

Thank you for posting (and sharing), Doc. You'll never be short of buddies with whom to share the welcome distraction of gaming - thanks for hanging out here, being one of 'us', and contributing as strongly as you do, despite all you're going through. Hang in there, mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom